Simrad GO9 XSE 3g package

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
We purchased this package to get a decent upgrade to what the boat had, old Lowrance unit, about 9 months ago. Came with radar and the total scan ducer. Unfortunately, it has had some issues right out of the gate and they have only gotten worse. The unit now freezes on all split-screen modes and will just restart whenever it wants on a single screen setting. I spoke to Simrad and they went through some troubleshooting steps, but no luck. Now they want me to ship the unit in and they will not be able to advance replace the unit for some reason. They did offer us an upgrade deal on the EVO 7 or similar for $4-600. Not sure the benefits of going that route. Any intel would be appreciated.
If we service the unit it will be gone at least a month! We purchased the unit at WM and will reach out to them to see if they can be more helpful than Simrad. Does anyone know their policy on an issue like this? We did purchase the extended warranty. Is this a bad series in general and should we consider the upgrade offer?

Thanks

Upvote 0

rustman

Aug 4, 2005
Irvine, Ca
Name
Rusty
Boat
1986 Cabo 216 Cuddy-Con
Mine has worked perfectly for almost 2 years now. Just make sure you download all updates when available.

Upvote 0

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
That's good to hear rustman. Thanks for that.
I downloaded the updates before our last trip, but no luck. I am going to try a full reset and update it again. Rather keep using it in its glitched state than have nothing. Until they can offer advanced replacement I'm not sending it in.

Upvote 0

Croaker.Stroker

Old White Guy
Nov 28, 2015
Tustin
Name
Croaker
Boat
Arima Sea Pacer
Depends on when you bought It, but Westmarine has an exchange policy. (Not sure if 9 months is too long?)

Reactions: cioppino
Upvote 0

tuna sniffer

SD '63
Jun 16, 2005
La Mesa
Name
Mark
Boat
1 tin 1 glass
Had the same issue with my GO7XSE. Tried everything and even got the unit exchanged and uploaded all my saved data. It kept shutting off. I did a bunch of research online, and one guy suggested deleting old tracks. I had a lot of them saved just because I never erased them. Sure enough, it fixed the problem. Unit has been flawless since. Who knows, give it a try.

Upvote 0
Nov 11, 2015
Placentia
Name
Jake Vlastnik
Boat
1851 Striper CC
I hav a go xse 7 that has recently commited suicide.
power is getting to the unit but it wont power up, contacted simrad with no help.
But looking at other forums it seems like theres been some issues with the go series

Upvote 0

hbouldin1216

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 10, 2012
Lodi, CA
Name
Henry Bouldin
Boat
14 Gregor - Tinacious
We purchased this package to get a decent upgrade to what the boat had, old Lowrance unit, about 9 months ago. Came with radar and the total scan ducer. Unfortunately, it has had some issues right out of the gate and they have only gotten worse. The unit now freezes on all split-screen modes and will just restart whenever it wants on a single screen setting. I spoke to Simrad and they went through some troubleshooting steps, but no luck. Now they want me to ship the unit in and they will not be able to advance replace the unit for some reason. They did offer us an upgrade deal on the EVO 7 or similar for $4-600. Not sure the benefits of going that route. Any intel would be appreciated.
If we service the unit it will be gone at least a month! We purchased the unit at WM and will reach out to them to see if they can be more helpful than Simrad. Does anyone know their policy on an issue like this? We did purchase the extended warranty. Is this a bad series in general and should we consider the upgrade offer?

Thanks

If you have the west marine warranty then you should be able to exchange it in-store no questions asked.

Upvote 0