Simrad evo2 12 & evo 2 9 no temp on 12"

bman440440

I am the one who knocks!!!
Sep 8, 2010
San Diego 92117
Name
B-MAN
Boat
Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Sip N' Slide (33' 2 deck w/slide) Ships & Giggles (32' double deck pontoon)
OK let me lay out the system first...
I have the 12" networked to the 9" with a crossover cable. The 9" has the Airmar 1KW and and the N2K (Fusion sound system) connected directly to it. The 12" has the Gofree WIFI / 3G Radar Ethernet connected to it.
The issue I'm having is that the 12" does not show water temp... Everything else works perfectly between the units, no issues at all controlling any of the functions/systems connected to either unit from either unit. It is driving me crazy trying to get the water temp to show on the 12"... ANY help from the brain trust would be GREAT!!! BTW the reason why I did not connect the Airmar to the 12" is cable length limitation when the ducer was originally installed on the boat.

1st pic is the 12" (with bluefin on the screen)
1.jpg

2nd pic is the 9" unit (in the slip that's why the warm water temp, it was 75 in open water that day)
4.jpg

Upvote 0

Papa "J"

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • May 8, 2003
    OffShore
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Grady White 272 Sailfish
    Completely updated with the newest releases already
    If what I told you doesn't work let me know i can come down and see if I can remember how to access the Evo 2 stuff. If all else fails do a master reset on the MDF's

Upvote 0

bman440440

Sep 8, 2010
    San Diego 92117
    Name
    B-MAN
    Boat
    Heisenberg(20' Maxum), Sip N' Slide (33' 2 deck w/slide) Ships & Giggles (32' double deck pontoon)
    Roger that. Thank you. I'll let you know

Upvote 0

ShadowX

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Oct 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Alex
    Boat
    None
    Try:

Settings -> Network -> Data Sources ->Sonar -> Water Temperature (Global)

See if there are alternate sources on the other fish finder that has the sonar connector to it. I don't have my units networked right now so I can't test to see if the water temp from the other unit shows up.

Here is another method to try:

Settings -> Sonar-> "Use depth and water temp data from"
    Click on the box to the right and see if you can select from alternate source.

Make sure your "Network Sonar" on the Sonar setting page is turned on and the "Network Sonar Mode" is set to "Multi Source" on both machines.

Upvote 0

bman440440

Sep 8, 2010
    San Diego 92117
    Name
    B-MAN
    Boat
    well a big thanks to shadowx and papaj... went down to the boat yesterday evening and tried what papaj and I talked about on the phone... no bueno but I appreciate the help and the time you gave me... then checked what shadowx had said and bingo.... "Multi source" was not enabled on one of the units... I checked the box and did a reboot and all is perfect now!! I wish shadowx and papaj good fishing karma for your help!

Upvote 0