ZMAN

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 20, 2004
San Clemente
Name
zack story
Boat
26 Radon
I have two evo 3’s on my boat. I have noticed at times I loose the gps fix. This happens on both units at the same time. These units have internal antennas and are located inside a pilot house boat. Should I consider an external antenna installed on top of pilothouse ? If anyone has had this problem or has some input it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, ZMAN

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
What is above the GPS units? How far are the units apart?

Wire runs, towers/hardtop frames and people can block the signals.

I have seen it a few times but generally no problems with internal antennas.

PuraPesca

Living' that Pesca Life
Apr 28, 2020
SoCal
Name
Alex
Boat
Mako 214
I have two evo 3's on my boat and have not encountered that problem. I don't think the location of your units would be an issue. I did read that a previous version (19 I believe) had a software bug causing a No GPS Fix for some units. I had a different problem where I would loose water temp reading on both units. I updated to the latest version and so far its working fine. Latest is V 20.1

ZMAN

Jun 20, 2004
San Clemente
Name
zack story
Boat
26 Radon
Thanks for the feedback. I’ve been procrastinating updating to new version. Talked to tech support yesterday and they said I needed to update. Going to load the new 20.1 today.

Thanks again,

Reactions: sickcat

Papa "J"

May 8, 2003
OffShore
Name
Jason
Boat
Grady White 272 Sailfish
If your running more than 1 MFD then make sure you are only using the GPS info on one of them if they are in network. If you are trying to use both GPS's at the same time your going to have conflict issues. Basically one is the master and the other is the slave unit just used as a display