Silverwood Stripers

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing Reports' started by ib12fish, Apr 9, 2012.

1. ib12fish

ib12fish Semper Fi

Name:
    Tommie
    Boat:
    Polaris Supreme
    head out to Silverwood Saturday for some stiper action, and I found what i was looking for, it took me a while to figure it out but once i did it was game on for about hour or so, tried everything in the tackle box and bait but in the long run to put fish on the boat had to fall back on my little secert weapon!! Now the choice weapon for Silverwoon stripers:hali_olutta: ended the day with 9 fish 3lb avg, all on the secret weapon:2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1::2gunsfiring_v1: If you look close at the first picture you can just make of the Weapon of choice for Lake Silverwood:rofl:

Attached Files:

2. ib12fish

ib12fish Semper Fi

Name:
    Tommie
    Boat:
    Polaris Supreme
    Ok here it is

Attached Files:

3. cudun

cudun Member

Name:
    LUAN
    Boat:
    26' Grady White CC & 2530 Parker
    Great catch ! Thank you for revealing your secret !

4. deefeesha

deefeesha Newbie

Name:
    Boat:
    IB12fish, I was the yahoo on the kayak drifting by the spillway when you passed by.

Congrats. on the fishes, I got 0.

5. landman

landman watch your lips

Name:
    Vic
    Boat:
    g3
    Do you eat the fish from Silverwood, I don't. I heard they have a very high content of Mercury,one of the highest in all the Cali lakes.

6. yoyoman

yoyoman Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    17.5 Tracker Targa
    NIce, another jig I need to buy now.

7. ib12fish

ib12fish Semper Fi

Name:
    Tommie
    Boat:
    Polaris Supreme
    Yes i did, Wow i didnt know that, boy was it good!!!:hali_olutta:

8. ib12fish

ib12fish Semper Fi

Name:
    Tommie
    Boat:
    Polaris Supreme
    Right on, when i first came up on you i was metering a few nice schools and i thought you would get a few there, were you drifting bait?

9. sealfishing

sealfishing Newbie

Name:
    Dale Seal
    Boat:
    None
    You found um cool! That's a good looking ice jig I'll put it on the gotta pick one up list.

I guess I'm done for cause I got a freezer full of that tainted striper meat and have it at least once a week, oh well.

10. the Goodlife

the Goodlife SMILE!!!!! YOUR NOT DEAD!

Name:
    Aaron
    Boat:
    14 & 20' Bayliner, Thee Goodlife & Captin Morgan
    Nice Job!!! You Seem To Kill It At All The Lakes You Go To! :2gunsfiring_v1: Quick Question... I'm Going To Be Camping At That Lake From 6/28-7/1.. I Was Thinking Of Bringing Some Cut Chovies, A Few Poppers And My Regular Bass Gear.. I Want To Get My 8 & 10 Year Old On Some Of Those Fish!... Any Tips/ Pointers Or Fishing Items I Should Bring??? I Just Put That Cool Ass Puppet Minnow On My List!.. :rofl::rofl: No I Don't Need Any Honey Holes (unless you want to give them to me!:rofl: ) But Any Info Would Be Great Being That I Have Never Fished This Lake Before!... Thanks In Advance :hali_olutta:

11. ib12fish

ib12fish Semper Fi

Name:
    Tommie
    Boat:
    Polaris Supreme
    Well to tell you the truth, that was my second time ever fishing Silverwood, I just looked at other people's post and asked a few questions and went for it, if you are fishing from a boat, try the dam and inlet, aslo any major points, they say that the fishing pier is also good, for stripers and crappie, the gear you have posted seems like the right stuff, all i did is fished the lake like i would fish any other lake, sometimes it takes a while to get the pattern down but once you find out what the fish want stick with it, hope that helps you out, good luck!! p.s. I fished kind da southwest of the inlet, in 70-90ft and as you go more SW it comes up really fast to 18ft i did meter some nice schools in that area.

12. sealfishing

sealfishing Newbie

Name:
    Dale Seal
    Boat:
    None
    By then things are going to be much different, stripers might be up and chasing shad and silverside larvae around but probably still early for a full on topwater boil. I'd keep in touch with the reports as you get closer to see what they are up to. Also Largemouth should be very active then and fairly easy to target.

13. OILAGER

OILAGER Hecho en Estados Unidos

Name:
    Wayne
    Boat:
    Grady White 228 Seafarer "GOTTA GET'M"
  14. the Goodlife

the Goodlife SMILE!!!!! YOUR NOT DEAD!

Name:
    Aaron
    Boat:
    14 & 20' Bayliner, Thee Goodlife & Captin Morgan
    Tommie... Thanks For The Insight!... That's Pretty Much What I had In Mind... Fish It Like Any Other lake... Ask Rangers,,, BDers, Put Time In While I'm There!.. :hali_olutta:.... I'll Keep Checking The Post Till I Leave!.... And Dale... Thanks For The Heads Up On The Changing Patterns... Never Fished Striped Bass Before... If All Else Fails Green Bass & Crappie Watch Out!! :2gunsfiring_v1: :rofl:

15. j-DuBb

j-DuBb HaKuNaMaTaTa

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    20' TroPHy CC
    Dont worry my friends and i were there also on Sat and got skunked too .... and to top it off got a f*ckin speeding ticket from the damn ranger where it was a speed trap going down hill to the marina. Ha!!

16. Saluki

Saluki .

Name:
    Mika Tan
    Boat:
    "MoorZilla"
    Nice job on the stripes.

17. deefeesha

deefeesha Newbie

Name:
    Boat:
    Drifting chovies and tossing swimbaits. I kept hearing them jumping out all around me but couldn't hook up.

18. deefeesha

deefeesha Newbie

Name:
    Boat:
    That sucks. Didn't they tell you to follow the speed limit? The rangers tell me all the time after they collect the fee.

19. ib12fish

ib12fish Semper Fi

Name:
    Tommie
    Boat:
    Polaris Supreme
    I saw him sitting there on that side street just before you get to the parking lot, Wow that sucks!!

20. sealfishing

sealfishing Newbie

Name:
    Dale Seal
    Boat:
    None
    Sorry about the speeding ticket, 25mph is strictly enforced. I know the Rangers pretty well and would bet Eric's the one that got you, he's all over the place but I've never noticed an intentional speed trap it is hard to keep it to 25 coming down that hill.

The Rangers at Silverwood are pretty good guys from my experience but they have been busting a lot more drivers for DUI's this year for some reason.