Silverwood 12/1/18 fish report

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fishing' started by Bhoff, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Bhoff

Bhoff Newbie

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    18ft Robalo
    First time freshwater fishing my boat. We camped and we’re planning to get trout for dinner, but no luck after two hours so we Targetted bass. Very slow day of fishing. Talked to a few boaters after we fished and they all had no luck...we did get a little lucky and landed a couple of stripers and I got one largie on a tube bait. Drifted millers on the east side very close to the shore and found a tree hanging over and threw the tube for the largie. Stripers we’re sitting little deeper just drifted miller’s deeper water. Overall was a Beautiful day out!

D6DBA6B5-82CE-471E-8F34-7F20F7BDD82F.jpeg 58DD1E8E-269C-4B0B-BEEB-08F9923FD18B.jpeg

2. Arima-bob

Arima-bob pescadore n jäger

Name:
    Beeulzebob
    Boat:
    uh....
    Miller is a great trot spot, but you have to shore fish in the no boat zone. Just to the right of the boat launch is another good trout spot.

3. Bhoff

Bhoff Newbie

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    18ft Robalo
    Thanks man, good to know. Never been there before. We tried cleghorn for the trout, but I’ll try millers next time where u stated.

4. Arima-bob

Name:
    Beeulzebob
    Boat:
    uh....
    Cleghorn can produce well, but it's got a lot of beach, so they spread out pretty wide over the sand.

The striper can get big in there too, and so do the green bass.

Bhoff likes this.
  5. Bhoff

Bhoff Newbie

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    18ft Robalo
    Thanks guys. What do you guys use for trout? I never fish freshwater but I did enjoy it, although salt is my main fishery. We weren’t having any luck on the trout, but everyone I talked to out there got skunked. So maybe it was a slow day

6. Arima-bob

Name:
    Beeulzebob
    Boat:
    uh....
    Power bait is usually the best producer, but if soaking bait isn't what you like, I've had good luck with kastmasters and rooster tails

7. Bhoff

Bhoff Newbie

Name:
    Brandon
    Boat:
    18ft Robalo
    Thanks man. Thats what I had tried - or a variation of it. For the trout that is. Ill get out there again.

8. Arima-bob

Name:
    Beeulzebob
    Boat:
    uh....
    It's a fun lake to fish, and it has a lot of diversity. Summertime is tough fishing with all the go fast boats and pwc's

We would go at night and hike down the dam or do a little off roading to one of the coves and fish for catfish and striper. Lots of fun and lots of skeeters.

9. talltale

talltale Member

Name:
    chris
    Boat:
    23.5 trophy "Tonetta T"
    I have fished Silverwood since it opened. Saw a lot of changes over the years in that lake. Mostly stock trout now as the holdovers are practically gone. I remember several years of catching mystery brown trout up to 5lbs there but turned out one of the stocking trucks got stuck in the mud and dumped his tank 500 brown fingerlings to get out. Haven't heard of any striper of size coming out of the lake in a while. There is so much fishing pressure now. I wish the DFW would open these lakes up to German Brown stocking. I know it has been tried in the past, DVL being the most recent down here I think. Brown trout seem to survive the Striped Bass better. But what do I know.

Arima-bob likes this.
  10. Arima-bob

Name:
    Beeulzebob
    Boat:
    uh....
    A buddy of mine pulled a ten pound striper out of there about two months ago, and was super stoked. I remember when that was like eh... fryer size.

DFW has been slacking on trout plants over the years. Supposedly they are lacking the funds.

11. Cody B

Cody B Newbie

Name:
    Cody
    Boat:
    NA
    I have heard great things about the Hookup Bait jigs. I will be trying those as something new this winter.

12. swami 805

swami 805 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    Bill
    Boat:
    sunk it
    Ah hook up baits, don’t the donate all the proceeds to charity?

13. yellowfish26

yellowfish26 Totally Nude 24/7

Name:
    Jeff
    Boat:
    26ft Seaswirl. The Big Chorizo
    No, they use the profits to fund their Deer poaching trips. Fuck those guys.

game killer likes this.