fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
I recently picked up a Ruger MK II 22/45 with a 5.5 bull barrel in stainless...it has the Ruger adjustable sights ......they are "ok" any recommendation on some other sight options... Don't want a scope...I came to the conclusion this gun is way more accurate than me so I'm thinking maybe a improved sight will help...

thanks..

Outhouse

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 13, 2007
Germantown, TN
Name
Jon Scobey
Boat
Titanic
David, look at Williams sight Company. They have some nice fiber optics sights. I've got a 40 year old Ruger Single Six that I'm about to send off and have it refinished. It is blued right now and I'm going to have it redone in chrome and have these sights installed. I believe these are the same sights that Ruger puts n their new Single Ten.

BillP

Feb 8, 2010
Lake Havasu City
Name
Bill
Boat
nons
David, Outhouse is giving good advise, if the problem is too much light gap between the sides of the rear sight, and the rear sight blade is removable, you can get a narrower gap rear sight blade from Williams, cheap fix. I had to do this on an NEF 45-70 handi rifle, world of difference.

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
David, Outhouse is giving good advise, if the problem is too much light gap between the sides of the rear sight, and the rear sight blade is removable, you can get a narrower gap rear sight blade from Williams, cheap fix. I had to do this on an NEF 45-70 handi rifle, world of difference.
that is exactly the problem....the rear sight is removable so I will try that....

thanks guys...

Fishybuzz

fishybuzz
Apr 4, 2003
Tucson
Visit site
Name
David Tang
Boat
Intrepid
I'll take it to my gunsmith and let him do it.......I assume the blade can be removed as it is adjustable .....I 'm thinking of replacing the front sight at the same time to a smaller bead sight as it is pretty thick.