Sick of these foamers not biting. New tactic..

John Stidman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 29, 2018
Baketsfield ca
Name
John Stidman
Boat Name
26ft seaswirl striper,24 ft trophy walkaround,24ft glasply flybridge.
Ready to just blast them and go net the shashimi..lol

FB_IMG_1660760404928.jpg

AWilliams

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 18, 2009
Ramona, Ca.
Name
Alin Williams
Boat Name
none
Just run up to the foamers and drop some electroshock probes. You will get the tuna squirming to jump into your boat. In fact, it works great for seals and sea lions too.

You can also try grenades. Limits in no time.

USFWS_IN_Electrofish-Boat_1656B-1050x620.jpg

9587e426-f6af-4516-bf15-89b610e53be8-full1x1_poster_46ed5c43ccf34945aad345ba0967941f.jpg
I've actually participated with the DFG a few times doing this at night at El Cap, Hodges and Otay. Was a blast seeing big ass bass and catfish belly up to the surface. Grab, measure, weigh and toss back. Good times.

ShadowX

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Anonymous
Boat Name
None
I've actually participated with the DFG a few times doing this at night at El Cap, Hodges and Otay. Was a blast seeing big ass bass and catfish belly up to the surface. Grab, measure, weigh and toss back. Good times.

I always wonder what the regulation says about doing this on the ocean because it doesn't seem to explicitly ban it as far as I know.

I can see myself in front of the judge:
"Sorry yo honah.. I was not electro fishing. I have a current leakage problem on my boat, in the tune of 10,000V that randomly occurs when the fish are around."

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
Mar 9, 2012
Too far from water
Name
Beeulzebob
Boat Name
uh....
Used to have a small portable electro shock thingy. Instructions showed putting them in ground cranking and worms coming up. It also showed putting off front and back of boat....always kinda pictured it for making bait....but
I still have it 😁

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat Name
    whichever has the longest bunk
    I always wonder what the regulation says about doing this on the ocean because it doesn't seem to explicitly ban it as far as I know.

I can see myself in front of the judge:
    "Sorry yo honah.. I was not electro fishing. I have a current leakage problem on my boat, in the tune of 10,000V that randomly occurs when the fish are around."
    ShadowX -- I know that you are just kidding, but for the sake of those who just can't be bothered to actually look up the regulations:

Chapter 1. General Provisions and Definitions
    1.14 Authorization For Taking Fish. Fish, amphibians, reptiles, mollusks and crustaceans may be taken only in the amounts, only during the open season and only with the gear authorized and shall not be taken otherwise.

So the law doesn't have to spell out the myriad weird ways that people can think up to obtain possession. The law tells you the several approved methods, and anything other than that is illegal. And expensive.