Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
Seen worms on YFT, YT, dodo's etc.

There are parasites in the ocean.

If one looks bad enough we release it right away.

Perhaps kill the parasites before releasing the fish. Stop the reproductive cycle of the that one parasite. It may help the fish survive as well. Who knows???

Upvote 0

maxsdad

Short, fat, bald, toothless, no-ass old fart.
Feb 20, 2014
Palm Springs, CA
Name
Bob
Boat
SS Exgotit
Upvote 0

baaadlybent

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 5, 2006
Fullerton/Bahia de los Angeles
Name
Doug
Boat
26' Striper "Baaadly Bent", 21' Bayrunner Baja "Vamonos", 15' Gregor "Little Vamonos"
Last week I caught a couple yellowtail that looked like they had sores on their side. Released them. Then as I was cleaning another at the end of the day I found small "nuggets" of something in its flesh. Sort of like pebbles the size of brown rice kernels. I messed with it a little to see if it was alive. No. Kind of hard. But imbedded in the flesh. Cut them out and gave the fillets to my freeloader bro!

Upvote 0

chamackO

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 12, 2003
SoCal and NorCal
Name
Alex
Boat
none
Last week I caught a couple yellowtail that looked like they had sores on their side. Released them. Then as I was cleaning another at the end of the day I found small "nuggets" of something in its flesh. Sort of like pebbles the size of brown rice kernels. I messed with it a little to see if it was alive. No. Kind of hard. But imbedded in the flesh. Cut them out and gave the fillets to my freeloader bro!

Hope he doesnt drop nuggets all over your carpet cuz he couldnt run fast enough to the toilet..........

Upvote 0

Predatormonster

PredatorMonster
May 18, 2013
Cali
Name
Dan Monster
Boat
Predatormonster
Yep . My BFT had those same worms . Along with other weird issues . The worms were the only common thing . The NO front Dorsal was definitely strange . His Tail was beat down too . Im liking the purse net escapee theory the best . It must have been last season though , no wound or scars around there at all .

Upvote 0

stevefwolfe

Almost A Member
May 19, 2008
Westminster
Name
Wolf
Boat
yes I have one
yah you should see the stuff that is in your red meat from the butcher shop before they cut it out PUSS BALL and tumors. Just remember that if it can walk up the ramp it is good enough for the plate. All joking aside I tend not to keep fish with those worms if I notice them. If one makes it home I use it for lobster bait. Those cockroaches eat anything and we eat them.:rofl:

Upvote 0

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
this is why there is only one thing that I eat raw. I like to get close and check it out up close and personal... smell it, lick it, taste it... hey if it isn't clean enough to eat I'm sure as hell not putting my cock in it... oh, we were talking about fish not something that smells like it... my bad.

when you fix cavichi (don't know how to spell it, you know what it is, Mexican sushi) you cut the fish open and lay it out in the sun for about twenty minutes to see if any worms come out of it or not.... you have probably eaten a lot of worms etc over the years... but cooking the stuff takes care of it fucking you up... and that is why there is only one thing I eat raw, and I won't even get into the shit you can get from that shit... bankruptcy to death it has it all.. and your worried about a few worms?

Don't throw those fish away... you shouldn't waste food, and I know a bunch of "special" people I feel deserve... I mean would enjoy eating them.

Upvote 0

mike82

Aug 19, 2013
west coast
Name
mike
Boat
a fish killing center console
No really .......it was literally ill . We had seven bft on saturday . One of them came to gaff and we both said aloud ," Oh , thats an ugly one ! " It was about 25 pounds and just looked F up ! I iced it down and did not think much more about it besides jokingly calling it Benjamin button Tuna throughout the day . Got home to clean it and found two worms hanging out the tail section dead . 6 inchers , eew ! Cut into that area and found them infected , Eww ! My wife said it smelled when I brought it into the house before I mentioned anything . Nasty ! Proceeded to investigate and found it had no dorsal front fin ! WTF ! No signs of injury at all . I used my nail to keep searching until it finally ripped where the fin should be . Was no injury there at all . The coloration was different too . It was all blotchy and the pissed off stripes were barely visible . Im sorry I didn't take pics but I was in processing mode with a lot to do . Bummer . I wish I would have released him . I don't worry much about the nuclear tuna thing , but this was the first time I have seen that . So when I ate it ........................JK . I had to discard Benjamin .

Hilarious!!!! benjamin!!! hahahahahaha!!!!:eek:

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
A few years ago when the BF were getting caught in the surf in Ib the first thing that came to my mind was that they were released due to mass infection or disease.Im pretty sure it was an accident due to rough stormy weather though.
If you think about it though,keeping all those tuna penned up like that im surprised they don't get mass die offs due to sickness,disease,worm infestation etc.

Upvote 0