Shrimp info

bullshooter

Jul 24, 2009
Graham, wa
Name
Monty
Boat
24' Seahawk OS
I am thinking about going to MA4 for some shrimping. I have never been shrimping up there before and am just looking for a little insight. like if i need to rig my pots differently for the current, general vicinity to go, is it a waste of time, and a little info on shrimping on the outside(big water, not in the strait). Thanks for any help and feel free to PM me.

Upvote 0

jasper hickman

Team RED BEARD
Dec 23, 2014
Everett
Name
jasper
Boat
30’ Osprey
We dropped pots out of La Push before, offshore a few miles. Got 0 shrimp.

I’ve heard of lings and cabazon that have been caught around umatilla reef with spot prawns in their bellies, I haven’t seen it myself so I am but skeptical.

For what it’s worth we dropped pots out of Sekiu as well and got 0 shrimp.

If you get into to some let me know!

Upvote 0

FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
255 BW Conquest “Double Header”
We dropped pots out of La Push before, offshore a few miles. Got 0 shrimp.

I’ve heard of lings and cabazon that have been caught around umatilla reef with spot prawns in their bellies, I haven’t seen it myself so I am but skeptical.

For what it’s worth we dropped pots out of Sekiu as well and got 0 shrimp.

If you get into to some let me know!

Have seen the “fuzz” on the bottom on the depth finder in the 200-300 foot range out off the edge of the shelf in front of makah bay headed down towards umatilla but have never brought shrimp pots up there to drop on them.
Would love to hear someone try and succeed!

Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Heavy weight and extra floats..those currents are no joke. I've yet to try anywhere west of CQ. Not worth the effort when the shrimp come easy locally. If you try keep us updated m

Reactions: bullshooter
Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    A drop off. 250'. Navionics has current info on the mobile app. Click on a arrow and then the area on top with words naming the Bouy. Shows the current times. Small one lb collapsible anchors tied to your pots and a cannonball or two. A2 bag bouy with a 10 to 20 ft tag line and bouy clipped into your mainline and A2 bag. 1 knot or less ok. Anything higher. The pot will drift away. A Dragging pot WILL DAMAGE THE NETTING.

Screenshot_20200620-114042_Boating HD.jpg

Reactions: bullshooter
    Upvote 0