Shot it so I gotta eat it.....

windmillwilly

Jul 15, 2006
wildomar ca.
Name
bill
Boat
nada
Well for me the great coot debate is over,shot a couple at barrett on Sat breasted them out clean all the skin and fat off, little butter and garlic powder seared at high heat real quick and not bad at all,I would be real picky about where I would eat them from but not so bad over all.

watersdeep

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Yep, high heat 1 min. on each side no more than one minute or it is trash. must eat rare. this is for fresh water coot. Salt water (the sea) coot, don't bother shooting.

Food is relative, but if you are a chicken breast type guy chances are you won't like much wild game.

Or you just over cook everything and make it all taste like shit. learn to cook.

sealskinner

Retired Pimp
Apr 24, 2005
in the Hood
Name
Mike
Boat
Franks ho
What you don't like carp?
No. I love catching them, but I don't like them.
I used to catch them all the time. I had a guy working for me that loved them. He told me I hadn't had it prepared right. I took him 2 5# fish one night after fishing.
The next morning he came in with a container for me. He said he stayed up and filleted them. Then did his magic to them.
Still tasted like a bowl of fresh mud.

CartridgeCalls

100% Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
www.ebay.com
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Well for me the great coot debate is over,shot a couple at barrett on Sat breasted them out clean all the skin and fat off, little butter and garlic powder seared at high heat real quick and not bad at all,I would be real picky about where I would eat them from but not so bad over all.
Ive been saying that for years. Everytime I shoot them I always get a funny look from other hunters. But to each their own.

Reactions: windmillwilly

MightyMach

Aug 17, 2007
Corona
Name
Jeff
Boat
Phoenix 29 SFX "Given Inn," 17' Duckhungint boat, "Camo-Toe"
Stand on coot feet and lift up by the wings makes breasting them out easy.

I can’t imagine them tasting much differently than ducks....same water same diet I know people that say they taste the same