Short survey for College Student

tapatio

Oct 19, 2011
tarzana
Name
aren antounian
Boat
montauk 17' and Glass Pro "Merisa Maru II"
Hey guys, I need a favor from all of you. Im a student at CSU Channel Islands and I'm doing my capstone research this year in order to graduate. I have a short survey that is completely confidential and anonymous. Its completely surrounded around fishing the Channel Islands.

Thank you in advance! See you guys out at the islands this season!

tapatio

Oct 19, 2011
tarzana
Name
aren antounian
Boat
Every survey you guys complete helps me a lot!

tapatio

Oct 19, 2011
tarzana
Name
aren antounian
Boat
I appreciate any and all support! thanks to those that already took the survey!

kbray001

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 18, 2009
South OC
Name
Kirk
Boat
Regal 24
I appreciate any and all support! thanks to those that already took the survey!
Hey, I’d be willing to help but can you give us some more information on the aims of your research?

some of us are very hesitant to share info as we have been burnt in the past under so called research?

tapatio

Oct 19, 2011
tarzana
Name
aren antounian
Boat
Of course, Sorry about that. So I am a senior at CSU Channel Island and in order to graduate every student need to complete a Capstone Research Project (similar to grad school just at a undergraduate degree). I am doing this research because 95% of information that can be found are based off of commercial fishermen. I am not saying anything wrong against commercial fishermen but I feel that the voice of recreational fisherman like myself are also very important. I aim to gather data that consist of the perspective of recreational fisherman about MPA and regulations. How MPA's effected you (ex: lost fishing spots, spend more gas because you have to drive further, etc), I also have a few questions about regulations such as how you believe a better regulation could be implemented to our fishery or that you believe we have a good enough regulation system.
All of the surveys are confidential so my professor and myself are the only ones who will have access to any of your answers. I have also provided a consent form that provided all this information and covers all of you legally. Of course it says you are able to retract your information at any given time.
Again, I am just an undergraduate student that needs the perspective of fellow recreational fisherman to complete my project. This information wont be send out to anyone, especially not to screw over any of our fishery or fishermen.

Reactions: kbray001

kbray001

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 18, 2009
South OC
Name
Kirk
Boat
Regal 24
Of course, Sorry about that. So I am a senior at CSU Channel Island and in order to graduate every student need to complete a Capstone Research Project (similar to grad school just at a undergraduate degree). I am doing this research because 95% of information that can be found are based off of commercial fishermen. I am not saying anything wrong against commercial fishermen but I feel that the voice of recreational fisherman like myself are also very important. I aim to gather data that consist of the perspective of recreational fisherman about MPA and regulations. How MPA's effected you (ex: lost fishing spots, spend more gas because you have to drive further, etc), I also have a few questions about regulations such as how you believe a better regulation could be implemented to our fishery or that you believe we have a good enough regulation system.
All of the surveys are confidential so my professor and myself are the only ones who will have access to any of your answers. I have also provided a consent form that provided all this information and covers all of you legally. Of course it says you are able to retract your information at any given time.
Again, I am just an undergraduate student that needs the perspective of fellow recreational fisherman to complete my project. This information wont be send out to anyone, especially not to screw over any of our fishery or fishermen.

Good luck with your project. I did something similar for my capstone project on bluefin back in my undergrad days.

Sorry but I can’t help your project as I don’t fish the Channel Islands.

Make sure to post up your results once you present. I’d be interested in reading them.

tapatio

Oct 19, 2011
tarzana
Name
aren antounian
Boat
Good luck with your project. I did something similar for my capstone project on bluefin back in my undergrad days.

Sorry but I can’t help your project as I don’t fish the Channel Islands.

Make sure to post up your results once you present. I’d be interested in reading them.
Will do! I'll have the results posted by May

Reactions: kbray001

InDeepShip

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 5, 2017
Ventura
Name
Adam
Boat
In My Dreams
Finished it out. let me know if you are going to head out at the end of this month I'm coming back from spring break also.