longboard85

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 14, 2011
La mesa ca
Name
cody
Boat
17 ft invader cc (Somethings Fishy)
Left shelter at 5 got a scoop of bait that was not very good, mostly 7 to 9 inch deans with a few small mixed in that were very weak.

Found some fish out west at 31 over 57, and 33 over 52. It was definitely a slow pick but managed to get some nice quality yellowfin between 25 and 35lbs. They wouldn't bite anything over 20lb and size 4 hook for me. Took a lot of chum to get them to bite so get as much as you can hold. Water was 65.5 and deep blue, get on it before they split good luck!
20191124_060634.jpg

gonzo25

GOT A BIG ONE
Nov 20, 2008
san diego calif. usa
Name
george
Boat
18' Invader CC 15' bayliner son of a beach
alright Cody, glad you got into them, I'm sure this next storm is going to be it for this season, it ended good for me thanks to you.

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
I'm dumbfounded how much Tuna is still up above to he "wall" :D

They are well fed too.... probably what's keeping them North gotta be plenty of food unless they got trapped by colder water below...or they are making America great again lol

Fishing in Louisiana catching my avatar Tuna in 67 degree water changed some of my thoughts regarding Yellowfin.

I sometimes wonder if there's more out there in the later stretches of season's but boats and passengers lack

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
For years...that was the "trend".....we could have good fish in late Oct. and only fill a couple of boats. Less boats...less reports.... fish moving daily. The last 10 years.... private boaters have continued to push the envelope..... sharing info....spots.... techniques. YEAH.....BD helped create and "push that envelope"!!

Here it is .....Thanksgiving. .... and still getting fish...info.... reports! How can it get better than that.....lol.

BFT for Christmas!
(writing my letter to Santa now).

Reactions: longboard85

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
If I recall correctly.....The GIANT BFT (500 - 900lbs) that were caught along the Santa Rosa Canyon in the 80's - 90's, we're caught in late NOV. early Dec. Don't forget...that BFT have an affinity for cooler waters. We're just not out looking....With enough skilled sticks....and the right equipt. During that epic couple of days......guys ran out there.....With 50W's and 80W's spooled with 80lb mono. Got their clock cleaned....went home with their tail between their legs. Just saying.....keep looking....and by God....have a "loaded" gun ready! Mother nature knows no "rules"....only fishermen. Anything can and usually does happen!! Good luck!

Reactions: ZZZZZ

ZZZZZ

natural born jig slingers
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica. SD, Old Del Mar
Name
Boat
Jet Ski Yamaha FX Show. ZZZZZ
Maybe the fish will get fenced in for awhile

That bft stock was off of Guadalupe for awhile. Long time ago. Norman from the shogun hooked them on deep drop rockcod/cowcod gear with dacron in deep water. The giants would sound to the knot. Once all the reels were spooled the boat continued on the way

My paps showed me the article when I was a fishing grom

Thousand pounders

angelinasdad

Captain
May 23, 2006
HB
Name
Anthony
Boat
Parker 2320
I am pretty sure those 600-900 lb fish were there in March of this year. I can’t confirm it but I was told that they were captured in nets by the commercial fleet. Why not? I am sure that some of these fish were the ones hooked but never seen. I am ready with a International 70 2 speed and a bent butt rod.

woodfish330

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 14, 2012
San Fransisco,CA USA
Name
John
Boat
Fishead
Speaking of the SHOGUN techniques. ...In the day....When you were getting spooled....'they would get the "backup" 9/0.... or 80W.....attach it.....throw the spooled rod over the side....With bouy. You would then... carefully fight the fish...until the first rod came in.....pick it up and continue the fight. If you got "lucky"...you got a fish. How things have changed brothers.

But those giant BFT.....oh yeah....they've been coming here for millenia. They're out there....for those who look for the signs...When others say "no way". Smart with the big gun on board. Just saying....check out " green stick" techniques.

ZZZZZ

natural born jig slingers
Dec 11, 2003
Costa Rica. SD, Old Del Mar
Name
Boat
Jet Ski Yamaha FX Show. ZZZZZ
No doubt imo that stock has swam through more then once. I would think. Now landing one or seeing one show itself is different. They live deep most of their life and they don't get big by being stupid often

Some day. Someone is going to land one over 6. If the cycle continues

I hope :)