DODGERS27

Almost A Member
Jul 6, 2016
Santa ana
Name
Brandon
Boat
2001 17ft trophy cc
I am planning to go to mazatlan mx in april, I was wondering what I can catch from the beach in april?
Please let me know if u know

Upvote 0

SlantEyEdTuna

Jan 29, 2007
Lax
Name
John
Boat
Thresher
I'm no expert but tried it once in may a few years back in mazatlan. I was using a krocodile jig in front of Puebla bonito emerald bay. All I caught was 1 jack crevelle about 12lbs or so. I know you can catch various pargo using shrimp heads as bait. We did end up catching lots of those off a panga and a dozen or so small roosterfish too. Water will be a bit cold and dirty in April. Good luck.

John

Upvote 0

1steveT

Nov 22, 2010
Carp, CA, USA
Name
Steve T.
Boat
soon2B
I'm no expert but tried it once in may a few years back in mazatlan. I was using a krocodile jig in front of Puebla bonito emerald bay. All I caught was 1 jack crevelle about 12lbs or so. I know you can catch various pargo using shrimp heads as bait. We did end up catching lots of those off a panga and a dozen or so small roosterfish too. Water will be a bit cold and dirty in April. Good luck.

John

Not much going on in town but up the coast there's a lot of options for roosters, Sierra, jacks. Hit up the tackle shop/charter place at the North Marina (forget the name) the owner is a guide and turned me on to a few spots.
Gotta say though, the last time we were in Mazatlan about 5 years ago the place is filthy as well as the beaches after a rain, all the vacant lots/garbage dumps spill their crap onto the beach, absolutely disgusting.
Vowed to never go back.

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Got drone?

Upvote 0