Shogun - Police

Mike Nall

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 1, 2014
Name
Boomer
Boat
Any one that floats.
Peoples lives are at risk and people want to speculate, I would say this is sad for this site, but at this point, it’s the norm.

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Nope nothing to worry about here.

Last edited:
Reactions: the SLIDER

Hismosa

Oct 15, 2016
Burbank, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
Boat hoe
Quote from video

"The Capitan being hauled off in a stretcher"

Holy crap I hope the guy in the video is wrong.

Video posted above said captain was not aboard.

makairaa

May 1, 2005
Tustin CA
Name
Philip Hunkins
Boat
17 starcraft
Quote from video

"The Capitan being hauled off in a stretcher"

Holy crap I hope the guy in the video is wrong.

If you watch the video posted by Jason the officer says he believes the captain was not on the boat at the time. Appears to be the crew getting high while tied at the dock between trips.

Reactions: MESSY JESSE

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Thanks for clarification-Guy in first video did say it but Ill take the police version. One really needs to be careful-Fentanyl can get airborne and one guy could have screwed everyone.

Texas Tuna

Pinfish pimp
May 18, 2020
Rockport Texas
Name
Oliver Cheng
Boat
cabo 45 sportfish
Thanks for clarification-Guy in first video did say it but Ill take the police version. One really needs to be careful-Fentanyl can get airborne and one guy could have screwed everyone.
Yep. Pops was finishing up CBP service just as fentanyl was picking up here in the US. He intercepted a number of packages floated over on the Rio Grande that were literally FENTANYL laced with heroin. A lot of agents almost lost their lives because what they thought was heroin actually contained high amounts of fentanyl and they inhaled it duing evidence collection.

Reactions: Cubeye

Larmo

Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
Jul 11, 2004
San Diego
www.lawrenceshea.com
Name
Larry
Boat
Your Cabo
Good times!

Here comes LarmoLOL
Lol

The only injured party here is the business and the landing. Sad actually to see young men succumb to opiate addiction. They are fools for getting started but now they are just addicts who need treatment.

You can’t have four members of a crew all OD at once on an inspected vessel with zero tolerance and random drug testing unless there is a total breakdown of checks and balances.

In the Invicta case we alleged that the drug testing program needed to be overhauled. Doesn’t sound like that was taken seriously.

Fortunately this didn’t happen while the vessel was at sea. This should be a wake up call for the CG and the landings. The drug testing needs a complete overhaul to require observed sampling.

Fisherman’s Landing now has actual notice their drug testing system isn’t working even on the best vessels and top crews.

Capt.C.Delany

The only fishing I do is trolling the Internet
Jun 22, 2014
No Grave But the Sea
Name
Hugh Jassole / The Porcelain Punisher
Boat
Paddy Wagon 24' Skippy
The only injured party here is the business and the landing. Sad actually to see young men succumb to opiate addiction. They are fools for getting started but now they are just addicts who need treatment.
Well crap, I just lost the bet with my buddy. Have to buy him lunch now, thanks Larmo.

I for sure thought you would talking about getting damages for emotional distress of the offloaded passengers, breach of contract for the people that missed out on the next trip etc. Followed by a "if you or someone you love has been damaged by (insert vessel / landing name) contact my office."

Unless... maybe you are gearing up to try to somehow blame the choices of these crew members personal decisions to (allegedly) use drugs because of their working conditions / environment / workplace culture and the landing is at fault?

I may still win the bet!!!

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
My guess is ingestion via brownies or other snack since 4 went down. Recreational use, usually one would go out and the others would back away.

Last edited:

Larmo

Strip it. Mend it. Hit it!
Jul 11, 2004
San Diego
www.lawrenceshea.com
Name
Larry
Boat
Your Cabo
Well crap, I just lost the bet with my buddy. Have to buy him lunch now, thanks Larmo.

I for sure thought you would talking about getting damages for emotional distress of the offloaded passengers, breach of contract for the people that missed out on the next trip etc. Followed by a "if you or someone you love has been damaged by (insert vessel / landing name) contact my office."

Unless... maybe you are gearing up to try to somehow blame the choices of these crew members personal decisions to (allegedly) use drugs because of their working conditions / environment / workplace culture and the landing is at fault?

I may still win the bet!!!
I hope your friend locked down a prime steak on this bet. Sounds like you have money to burn. ;)

Reactions: Ctony.clark

Texas Tuna

Pinfish pimp
May 18, 2020
Rockport Texas
Name
Oliver Cheng
Boat
cabo 45 sportfish
Maybe it was carbon monoxide. Narcan can be given as a precaution for OD when a possibility but not confirmed.
Not likely. The fact that a does of naloxone was able to bring them back disproves the carbon monoxide theory. It takes several hours in fresh air for CO to leave the bloodstream and be replaced with oxygen which in turn allows them to gain consciousness again.

Min1971

Mar 2, 2017
Gardena
Name
Thomas
Boat
none
Me and 2 of my buddies were checked in to board Shogun for 3 day trip. Office call us in to get a refund. No explanation as to why trip is being cancelled by the boat or the landing. Not cool to find out it was due to crew OD on drug after I get home through BD. How will 28 passengers get compensated for wasting time. Taking days off of work and travel to the landing. You could say I am angry. I've heard one of fellow passenger flew in from Florida and one other from Arizona. WOW.

Kai

Catch the big ones!
Mar 16, 2004
Oxshit
www.youtube.com
Name
Fish Killer
Boat
none.
WAIT FOR FACTS and Conclusion of investigation before judgement!!!

What if crew was cleaning up and tidying up the bunks?

Forget the media these days. If I want the news, I have to navigate both Communists CNN Fake News and Facist Fox news for the truth.

Last edited: