Shogun Guadalupe 12/1-12/7

Apr 28, 2003
Huntington Beach
Visit site
Name
Nanette
Boat
none
Another really great Lupe trip in the books. Chris, your report was spot on about conditions and what was working at the island. But a 10 lb. drop shot rig with a white zoom bait was working pretty well in Ensanada harbor. :)
We had a great time fishing once again with you and the Oregon crew...and the Mohechan.

Reactions: T.O.T.W.

Luke

Uses alot of bait!
Aug 19, 2006
Laguna Niguel
Name
Luke
Boat
none
Chris, I have now fished with you on two trips to Guadalupe on the Shogun where we the anglers successfully tagged over 280 quality YFT. Very impressive. It was great to fish with you again plus fish again with Nick, Greg, Nanette and Jack. Add to that your group of SD guys, the group from Oregon that can fish with anyone plus a few others (Mike G) made for an awesome group. The entire Shogun crew was again spectalur. We will be talking about this trip for a long time. Having our butts kicked fishing 80# spectra with short topshots does not happen everyday. It did for us on this 6 dayer!

Great trip, great group and great write-up........thanx.

Luke

Last edited:

johnfeed

Jul 26, 2009
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
John
Boat
24 Topaz
Nice detailed report Chris. Great boat, great crew and a great group of people to fish with. 7 out of 8 of my bites were close to the boat, only 1 on the long soak.

John

gregory

Jul 1, 2004
da OC
Name
gregory
Boat
float tube
Thanks for giving me a heads up about an open spot on this trip. Excellent group of guys to fish with. Great hooking up with you, Nick and Luke from our epic Inside Sportfishing trip 2 years ago. Hope to fish with you again soon!

T.O.T.W.

Time On The Water
Dec 23, 2005
San Diego
Name
Chris L
Boat
Leo's
Chris, I have now fished with you on two trips to Guadalupe on the Shogun where we the anglers successfully tagged over 280 quality YFT. Very impressive. It was great to fish with you again plus fish again with Nick, Greg, Nanette and Jack. Add to that your group of SD guys, the group from Oregon that can fish with anyone plus a few others (Mike G) made for an awesome group. The entire Shogun crew was again spectalur. We will be talking about this trip for a long time. Having our butts kicked fishing 80# spectra with short topshots does not happen everyday. It did for us on this 6 dayer!

Great trip, great group and great write-up........thanx.

Luke
Thanks for giving me a heads up about an open spot on this trip. Excellent group of guys to fish with. Great hooking up with you, Nick and Luke from our epic Inside Sportfishing trip 2 years ago. Hope to fish with you again soon!
Luke, Greg,

So glad that you both were able to join us. I don’t think you could have a more cohesive group of anglers in an open party trip.

CaptJgray

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
Hey Brad, I thought 2 minutes was a long soak???

If your bait doesn't run and keep running or get bit its time for a new one...