yft1979

I Should Upgrade My Account
Sep 7, 2004
Murrieta
Name
Garrett
Boat Name
-
Shogun/accurate 4/19-5/04 15 day report.
baitreceiver.JPG
Loading up on bait at the Receiver.
lancetackle.JPG
Lance showing off his tackle assortment. He was very generous making kite leaders for anyone that needed one.
seminar.JPG
Aaron and Cole giving us a seminar on our way down.
sunrise.JPG
Sunrise on our approach to clarion.
checkin.JPG
Check in at the Camp.
firsttunafish.JPG
My first tuna fish landed of the trip.
dehook1.JPG
dehook2.JPG
Sharks were the name of the game at Clarion. This cool cutting off tool came in handy!
kenjpbendo.JPG
Our second day at the island Ken hooks a nice one fishing a big bait.
295.JPG
295-2.JPG
295-3.JPG
294.5 at the dock. So close to super cow territory!
bendo.JPG
Later that day I hooked a good one off a bird school that pulled a bit of line. Bit a dine on my mak20/2x4
xbendo.JPG
Gave the 2X4 quite a bend!
202gaff.JPG
202.JPG
202weighin.JPG
Came in just over the Cow category @ 202! Good for 3rd in the jp
gunshow1.JPG
gunshow2.JPG
gunshow3.JPG
Capt Brian Showing off his Guns. Fun guy to fish with!
birdschool.JPG
Some sharks and tuna blowing up some baits.
hoo1.JPG
Clarion Hoo.
moth.JPG
Crazy looking moth that landed on the boat. Next to our home made bombs that accounted for MANY hoo!
A lack of tuna sign at Clarion and MANY sharks made Aaron make the run out to the bank.
scurvy.JPG
Ken showing signs of Scurvy
kenfacemask.JPG
Need to get some of these polyester face masks. The sun can get brutal down there...
jasonnal.JPG
Jason and Nal from Canada taking a picture break.
kevlance.JPG
Kevin and Lance chilling out.
carp.JPG
A few carp wanted to bite at the bank.
kevbendo.JPG
Kevin on a fish.
kevgaff.JPG
Kevin and a Hb kite fish.
puffer.JPG
Puffer for bait.
octopi.JPG
Weird looking octopus swam by one night.
DSC_8099.JPG
Cool puffer fish.
coleaaron.JPG
Aaron told me he has landed 25 tuna over 185 on an old penn int/ulua 93h combo... Makes me think I might over think all my gear sometime.
fullmoon.JPG
Bait fishing was tough at the bank. 95% of all the tuna we caught there were kite fish. Was the moon one of the reasons?
tunacrabs.JPG
Most of the tuna flushed were chalk full of tuna crabs.. Could this be another reason?
posing.JPG
Kite fish from the Bank
kenandi.JPG
kenbendo1.JPG
Ken on a fish
indy.JPG
Indy joined us at the bank a day after we arrived.
bait.JPG
Beautiful bait. Some of the biggest sardines I have ever seen were mixed in. Also some cocinero's mixed in.
deckshot1.JPG
farrocks.JPG
Left Hb after four days of tough fishing and made a pit stop at the stones!
kenyellow.JPG
Nice 25-35lb yellows were eager to bite!
lancebendo.JPG
Lance was soaking a couple dines on a hook and hooked what he thought was bottom.
lancebiggie.JPG
Kept at it and turned in to a HOG. Luckily he was fishing the Correct tackle when fishing dropper loop.
74lbs at the scale!
sushi.JPG
Our chefs Josh and Brett with an awesome sushi spread.
Thanks to the Shogun and Accurate for an awesome trip. Won a cool accurate rod in a raffle. Thanks Gary! Boat and crew were excellent. Fishing was tough at the HB. I landed 1 tuna fish on bait in 4 days of fishing. Kite was the only game in town at the bank. But hey that's fishing and is why I will be back again!
G:2gunsfiring_v1:

Upvote 0

nick17yz

TUNA TOKER
Nov 6, 2008
SEEKER RODS
Name
Nick Rekrut
Boat Name
Longrange
Nice Garret!! I saw your name on the website calling your fish a 199#er. I was thinking it should come in a hair over 2. Was it Gary G or Gary T with accurate on the trip?

Thanks for the great pics and report!

Upvote 0

yft1979

Sep 7, 2004
Murrieta
Name
Garrett
Boat Name
-
Nice Garret!! I saw your name on the website calling your fish a 199#er. I was thinking it should come in a hair over 2. Was it Gary G or Gary T with accurate on the trip?

Thanks for the great pics and report!

Gary G. I knew it was gonna be close as they like to tape a bit lightly.

Upvote 0

Slater

cuss on Monday,pray on Sunday,dream about one day
Jun 1, 2006
Lakeside
Name
Rob
Boat Name
sold! / cattle boat
Awesome report Garrett, looks like you guys got your share & still had some fun!
Was giving Ken a hard time & wanted to see some pics of the carnage!

Upvote 0

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat Name
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
What a great report! And boy howdy did we need that. Tough scratch at the Bank. Been there, done that. For us it was a "hatch" of those BoxFish. Tuna off the kite were plugged with them. It was nearly impossible to get a Sardine Fish. Way to hang tough and stick with it. That Yellow, what a slug! Thanks for all the pics. That's what this is supposed to be all about.

Upvote 0

yft1979

Sep 7, 2004
Murrieta
Name
Garrett
Boat Name
-
Getting a bite on bait at the hb was a tough task. I tried everything. Chunck, flyline dine, sinker dine, flyline puffer, puffer on a sinker. Balloon rig with dine/cocinero/puffer. Skipjack, small yellowfin, green mackerel. Caught some strange mackerel that was mixed with the rainbow runners, but those were no such luck either. Finally on the last day I got some redemption and caught a decebt 60lber on a pompano dorado I caught earlier that morning.
The last day Capt Cole got his dead flyer/pfd combo working and It got a nice 140 ish fish for the lucky angler.
The rig consisted of a dead flyer with its wings spread out with tooth pics and stapled in place. Then attached a small balloon to the back of the flyer with rubber bands.
G

Upvote 0

shajcl

Oct 16, 2005
Alameda
Name
JL
Boat Name
n/a
Thank you for sharing the wonderful pictures of your trip. Glad to see the Shogun back in business again.

Upvote 0

spike

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Mar 6, 2006
San Clemente CA
Name
Spike Ivins
Boat Name
any chance I get
Fantastic trip and outstanding report! Pretty cool getting a little Stone Yt fishing in as well. Congrats all the way around!

Upvote 0