Surfersteve79

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 13, 2018
San Diego
Name
Steven
Boat
Aztec
Well in the words of Ron Burgundy "That Escalated Quickly!" went from sitting at 14 open slots to sold out in a day...hmm wondering if the load just got changed due to anticipated regulations? In any event just wondering to see who's all going on the trip? I'm bringing whatever I have on this trip from a 30lb set up to a 30 MakairaSEA spooled with 130lb. Have no idea what we will find so will be prepared. I also am bringing 20lbs+ of Prime Rib on the boat for everyone to enjoy on my birthday.

bob1825

Apr 11, 2007
San Fernando Valley
Name
Jason
Boat
Anyone the fits my schedule
Was supposed to be on the trip leaving Saturday but got a call from the landing a couple of hours ago saying the trip was cancelled because they couldn't get permission from the health department to get off the dock. I was planning to bring everything since there were no reports to guide me.

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
None of you might be going on that trip.

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
Pinhead posted all trips are cancelled until further notice?

• Sad
Reactions: Fish Asassin

Mr. DRE

Sep 23, 2019
West Hills, CA
Name
Andre
Boat
Private
I was eyeballing the trip waiting to see if they were going to run.. there goes that idea. good luck and happy birthday Steven

Reactions: Surfersteve79

gregory

Jul 1, 2004
da OC
Name
gregory
Boat
float tube
Just heard from Jen at the Shogun office. This trip is cancelled.

Sportfishing boats are considered "floating restaurants" by the state. So won't expect Sportfishing until phase 4.

Bummers!

Reactions: marlyn

plj46

Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Did anybody really expect it to run ?

talltales

Oct 22, 2004
Ridgecrest Ca
Name
ron
Boat
2359 Trophy
Phase 4?????? That's no good. It's going to be hard enough to get into phase 3, Phase 4 will probably sometime late in the year or next year.

marlyn

Dec 18, 2005
oak hills
Name
mark
Boat
21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
I heard newsom was asked about sportfishing boats specifically and his answer was ask him again in august or september!

litzsout619

Oncorhynchus tshawytscha
Jan 29, 2009
Sitka//619/Kalama
Name
Jason
Boat
ORCA 31'
Up here in Washington state the Sportboat fleet is considered phase 2 for the states re-opening plan. Beginning June 1 charter boats would be able to take a maximum of eight people who can only be from two separate households. They recommend you bring your foul weather gear because cabins will be closed. If it opens soon down south I see similar draconian measures ...... limited limited limited ultra light loads here we come. The only way to ensure social distancing on a sportboat is to limit the people to an insane low number. This shit sucks . Tight lines amigos.:jig:

Surfersteve79

Aug 13, 2018
San Diego
Name
Steven
Boat
Aztec
Up here in Washington state the Sportboat fleet is considered phase 2 for the states re-opening plan. Beginning June 1 charter boats would be able to take a maximum of eight people who can only be from two separate households. They recommend you bring your foul weather gear because cabins will be closed. If it opens soon down south I see similar draconian measures ...... limited limited limited ultra light loads here we come. The only way to ensure social distancing on a sportboat is to limit the people to an insane low number. This shit sucks . Tight lines amigos.:jig:
Thanks for sharing intel. I think I’d be ignorant if I said that couldn’t happen in SD but way things have going...In reality though I think some diehards might be able to shell out the cash here/there initially, but for that to be sustainable past two months no way in hell. USCG regulations require a certain amount of crew for rhe size of a boat, plus what they would have to charge an angler to cover expenses let alone cut a profit just not sustainable. If I owned a sporty idk if I could even want to charge customers that much. Long range boats for loads that low your vacation just went up 150%+ I have a feeling we will know more this week but definitely by the end of next week what’s going to happen.

Reactions: litzsout619