Discussion in 'San Diego Long Range fishing Reports' started by Michael Hildebrand, Oct 6, 2015.
anybody with info?
I was told by a third party (by wary of third party info) that the resolve is fairly simple and the boat should be available for our trip on Friday. However, until the Shogun owners or staff tell us definitively, this is all just hearsay. In this case no news will be good news as if there is bigger problem the Shogun staff will let all the passengers know as soon as they know. For this angler, I am getting my stuff ready today as I believe we are a go.
What did I miss?
I was thinking the same thing...
I would think that whoever answers the phone in their office would have some info.
Did you call them after posting this?
Yes but vary limited info they just don't want to tell the whole story just wondering if anybody else has additional info
Just spoke with Christin at the office. It's on with an earlier departure time as well and they plan on calling all the passengers.
Soooo....... Is anyone going to enlighten us on what may or may not have happened here? Or is this a private conversation?
The only mystery I see is why the boats been so mum about what's been going on since the 21st of last month. They got back on the 1st without any type of fish report. Then it occurred to me that being they were the "Monterey Bay Aquarium" charter, it's possible they were doing who knows what with a bunch of biologists and such. Maybe they strapped on tanks and turned it into a liveaboard Dive boat charter and collected red crabs fuck if I no. This is the only perceived mystery as far as I can see.
The "call" was showing up on their trip schd. and that was to inform the passengers of an early departure from the planned 11am time. This is all..........
Love fill in the blank threads
I feel sorry for the Canadians on Friday, this is only storm on the horizon. When was the last time you saw a tropical storm/ hurricane track to Canada? It's sure to push a lot of fish in our direction.
Boat had engine troubles at the beginning of their accurate 7 day.
Mechanic and crew have been working on the boat since they returned
Shogun had to be towed in during the accurate trip I herd they needed a new motor but it sounds like all is well now let's go fishing
I got that info from a third party so I don't know for sure just needed to add that
So that forecast has the storm hitting Alaska as much as BC. No love for Alaskans, just Canada?
Just kidding. We get pounded by the pineapple express all the time. Just that no one notices.
Had report from someone on the trip.
Trip was cut short due to engine troubles.
All good now.
Nothing more to it.
its TIME, SHOW TIME
Have a great fishing trip. Hope you guys load up the boat. I leave Oct. 17 on a 15 day.
Good Luck Guys .
Keep us Posted .
The shit you hear on the Internet! They were alongside us (Angler) on Friday the 2nd. Under their own power, we were only making a little better than 7 knots, going uphill into the shitbox weather. I heard something about an injector. Our captain checked with Aaron to see if he needed anything, no reply as I left the wheelhouse shortly after that. We were getting ready to drop the anchor to try to catch some Lings n Things and Shogun just kept chugging north on the one engine. That was midday about 20-25 miles north of San Martin.
Separate names with a comma.