PENN

ssrmr2

Mar 15, 2006
OC
Name
Steve
Boat
17' montauk "Anger Management"
kman and I got back at again today with the plan to sniff izors, some other bitch slap rocks, protein farm, 1fidy, and west shoe

izors was typical, a handful of fish and then we moved on. seemed like there was no current/wind therefore very slow drift. from here we moved to some other spots that have given quality. the only thing of sort was a 5 lb red that was put on ice. probably the 2nd biggest one I have seen.

drove by the farm and 150 towards the west shoe. hopping from spot to spot we scratched together a great day. flurries of suspended fish grabbing the luer while sinking! so much fun. mixed sandies and calicos. nothing of great size but the fish were fat.

zombie mode kickin in hard so the report is all jacked but we were on the trailer at 230. windy after 12!

found a leaking tilt cylinder and fricken key switch is being a sob

any hints on fixing a tilt cylinder for an 07 etec 90?

Upvote 0

skinny jimmy

Almost A Member
Feb 21, 2007
san diego
Name
jimmy
Boat
21.5 Triump
Sorry, failed speed reading class.
Seals are fairly simple to replace. Depending on how bad leak is, you can add fluid as needed.
You'll need a special wrench to get to seals,l if you decide to DIY which are very affordable.
Wrench at Harbor Freight less than $10

Reactions: octans
Upvote 0

octans

Oct 18, 2010
Los Angeles California
Name
Manuel
Boat
19` Starcraft Aluminum Center Console
leaking cylinders on evinrudes are common problem
is yours a single cylinder or dual?
i think you can buy the kit and DIY its medium easy.
I did my mercury dual ....
you have to check the cause for that, if the piston (rod) is not "smooth" and has scratches or the oil seal just failed.
(if the rod is damaged it will happen again)
the chrome is super-hard but super-smooth
I hope it helps.

Upvote 0

octans

Oct 18, 2010
Los Angeles California
Name
Manuel
Boat
19` Starcraft Aluminum Center Console
BTW
thanks for the report!!

Upvote 0

Kman

I Should Upgrade My Account
Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
Hey Steve. I had a great time. Thanks for the invite. The double trouble rig killed them today too. Dr Bob now knows the Century Club’s secret handshake.

Big ol ho that I am, I’m fishing tomorrow on Taxfree. Three days fishing in a row. Think I’ll sleep for the rest of the week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

onehottip

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
Trim and tilt seal kit oem. Ryan boats in Gardena is solid. They’re specialty is etecs.

Upvote 0

FloMar

Hired Gun!
Apr 28, 2004
CA.
Name
John Collar
Boat
Parker 2320
Trim and tilt seal kit oem. Ryan boats in Gardena is solid. They’re specialty is etecs.

I too can vouch for Ernie @ Ryan Boats, a real good guy, took care of my Evinrude 88 SPL for a number of years, and he also figured out issues nobody else could figure out.

Reactions: onehottip
Upvote 0