G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
53’ Hatteras STEEL N TIME
If you keep it under 8’ and 3” diameter it will cost you about $20.00 +/- shipping USPS..... don’t cheat on the measurements!! I learned the hard way! If they check measurements and it goes over their total inches allowed as an odd shaped package they will bill your account or charge the receiver......

Go on USPS and check the rates for a package that isn’t square or rectangle and put in dimensions.... shipped quite a few...

wa_docholliday

doc holliday
Jul 11, 2013
Lynnwood,wa
Name
Ryan Holliday
Boat
doc holliday
If you keep it under 8’ and 3” diameter it will cost you about $20.00 +/- shipping USPS..... don’t cheat on the measurements!! I learned the hard way! If they check measurements and it goes over their total inches allowed as an odd shaped package they will bill your account or charge the receiver......

Go on USPS and check the rates for a package that isn’t square or rectangle and put in dimensions.... shipped quite a few...
It’s 9ft

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
You’re screwed

G-Spot

Captain
Mar 14, 2008
Salem/OR/USA
Name
John
Boat
I sold a rod to a BD member and it was 8’ 1” and those suckers measured it.... I got a hot PM from the guy they made him pay like $60-$70 bucks to get it.... of course I ate it and sent him a refund, but I lost my ass over 1” too long... brand new Super Seeker deckhand rod and the big butt made is 97” long.... Bummer!

wa_docholliday

doc holliday
Jul 11, 2013
Lynnwood,wa
Name
Ryan Holliday
Boat
doc holliday
I sold a rod to a BD member and it was 8’ 1” and those suckers measured it.... I got a hot PM from the guy they made him pay like $60-$70 bucks to get it.... of course I ate it and sent him a refund, but I lost my ass over 1” too long... brand new Super Seeker deckhand rod and the big butt made is 97” long.... Bummer!
That’s messed up

lkatdpelicanfly

Lizard Fish Slayer
Jun 23, 2009
sou cal
Name
Frank
Boat
Kayak
9 ft your probably sol to get any 1/2 decent ship price. 8 ft or less..u need to play with the specs in usps to see what falls into oversize charge with usps priority as G-Spot said. trouble is...you always want the tube length at least an inch..if not 2 inch longer than the rod tip to be able to put some good padding..as shit can hdppen on those postal conveyors with long round objects...at least that's what I've found. I have used heavy duty cardboard carpet cores to ship rods in the past and you can cut them or shave off 1/2" from the end with a good folding knife. If my tube was 3-1/4" diameter and the tube length 96-1/2"..then i just entered it as 3" x 96" and prepaid the label. Never had a postal clerk measure any rod ive sent...they were more concerned with weighing the thing..often times they could not because it was too long to fit in the space on there desk horizontally to weigh in.

☆THRASHER☆

Thrashing Some Rods.
Jul 23, 2014
Renton WA
Name
Jason Champion
Boat
GW 272 sailfish
It’s 9ft

Alaska air cargo, probably around $70. Don't tell anyone this is top secret fishing rod shipping Intel. Someone will have to pick it up at the cargo terminal on the other end. It's the only way to go over 96 in.

AKSalmon

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 15, 2006
Juneau, Alaska
Name
Bill Brown
Boat
Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
I fly down from Alaska and have just had to bite the bullet. Fedex is cheaper than USPS, but neither will ship a 9 foot rod for less than an arm and a leg. I pay about $200 for a rod tube with 7 rods. This October (if the boats can sail) I'll be bringing a 9 foot two piece rod. It's supposed to be for musky, is rated 30 - 60 and should be fine for surface jigs, colt snipers and the like. I hope.

Reactions: paveingnomo