dctalk523

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Dec 28, 2007
OC
Name
ChoeMan
Boat
Never
I noticed that the Shimano Tranx 500 and Shimano Trinidad A series are out of stock at most of the large online retailers. Looks like an updated version is imminent. I know there were rumors about updates coming to the tranx 500 and trinidad a series but has anyone heard anything new? thanks.

RWP

Mar 31, 2021
VB
Name
Ryan
Boat
Kayak
I bought a 500pg in October, and it It took me 5 months to hunt down a tranx 500hg. I called all the tackle shops every 2 or 3 weeks, local and online.

My local shop and Tackle Direct both called their Shimano rep for me in March. They were both told there is no new 500 coming and the backorders are just because of production delays.

Reactions: dctalk523

KXKH

Almost A Member
Feb 28, 2018
NorCal
Name
Boat
19' Hobie

Reactions: FlatPack
tony38
tony38
sucks that Shimano just care about their "TEAM SHIMANO BYCICLE " , no where it in metions the FISHING community , just mentions twice the BYCICLE TEAM 🧐🤔
KXKH
KXKH
Shimano is more popular in the bicycle world than fishing believe it or not. That is their specialty, their origin, and their main money maker. Shimano Fish would go out of business before Shimano Bike.

tony38

Mar 30, 2014
Name
tony
Boat
none yet
yeap, I know that but as a company that is in the fishing ind. too , would be nice to take note of the loyal fishing people that shimano has aswell not just the bycicle , I don't think it was difficult to add a few more words to that letter "SHIMANO FiSHING TEAM" just saying

Last edited:

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
So if Tranx 500 & Trinidads are bike parts then their won’t be any shortage on them? 😉
Hmm....this reminds me of one tackle shop who did not carry shimano products because its more known to focus on bicycle products....Hopefully production will be up sooner than later.

Reactions: tony38

Bob Sands

BOB SANDS TACKLE
Advertiser
Feb 26, 2011
Van Nuys, Ca USA
bobsandsfishingtackle.com
Name
Jamie
Boat
#1 Tackle Shop
We get them in and they go out almost immediately.. If you are interested get on our list to beat the crowds or not have to call every other day... We never know when they are going to come in. There are sure one heck of a ton of folks who love these reels. The Tranx 500 HG has been a hot seller for years...

I have been in Indy for the last 5 days for the final 4's. Call the shop and get on the list.. Heck there might even be one or two there that came in while I was gone.

Have a great season.

Jamie

RWP

Mar 31, 2021
VB
Name
Ryan
Boat
Kayak
My local shop got a very small order of shimano trinidad and tranx reels in. They do sell online. Am I allowed to post a link here?

RideHPD

Enthusiastic Idiot Rookie
Aug 14, 2016
Del Mar/Marina Del Rey, CA
Name
Eric Marin
Boat
10' Model T
If anything the Tiagra/TLDs could use a facelift at the very least. The discontinued the clamps the for the big Tiagras that is shared with the Tac 50, and then discontinued the replacement part for that, so that may be a clue that something like that is inbound. Shimano is classically tight lipped about new product until it's released. Same thing with the Curado 300 when it was discontinued, there was no buzz about the smaller Tranx reels then all of a sudden they were out.

Reactions: KXKH

tony38

Mar 30, 2014
Name
tony
Boat
none yet
Shimano is more concern with there bike team , than fishing , just search for the youtube video of J&H tackle where josh reads the letter from Shimano, it clearly said Shimano number 1 priority is "TEAM BICYCLE SHIMANO" no where in the letter they mention the fishing community, that tells you how important is all the loyal persons who are hard core shimano

Tracym

Almost A Member
Nov 30, 2005
Californa
Name
Tracy Melton
Boat
37ft. Merritt, Grander
Guys, Shimano is NOT discontinuing the Tranx 500....They are just in super demand and backed up beyond demand. We get 10 in and have 15 on backorder at anytime. If you want one, get it on order as they are going to fly.

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
If Tranx are just Bicycle Parts then maybe they will not be backordered till eternity 😉

tony38
tony38
lol yeap , I bet they wouldn't , its sad that SHIMANO ignore the other part that keeps the company growing, that is ALL THE PEOPLE THAT FISH THEIR PRODUCTS

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
I backordered a Daiwa Tanacom 1000...it is more expensive than the $499 Tranx 500....They said 2 weeks...then another 2 weeks...then at the final 2 weeks...asked me if I would still wait or get a refund as they are holding my money for 1-1/2 months.

So how many weeks is the backorder on Tranx 500 then?

Last edited:

RWP

Mar 31, 2021
VB
Name
Ryan
Boat
Kayak
I backordered a Daiwa Tanacom 1000...it is more expensive than the $499 Tranx 500....They said 2 weeks...then another 2 weeks...then at the final 2 weeks...asked me if I would still wait or get a refund as they are holding my money for 1-1/2 months.

I'd recommend calling them first, some times they have open box reels that are brand new and they will discount them.

Tracym

Almost A Member
Nov 30, 2005
Californa
Name
Tracy Melton
Boat
37ft. Merritt, Grander

We have piles of Tanacom 1000's in stock if you need?

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat
"CATTLE BOAT"
We have piles of Tanacom 1000's in stock if you need?

Thanks brother just got one already from 500, 750, to 1000 unless you got a deal as I bought mine with 20% off msrp.

i’m comparing on the aspect of “Backorder”...wish their will be a clearer arrival time or maybe charges wont kick in until such time the item is shipped.