Throwing jigs, baits, and shakas!
Feb 24, 2018
san diego
offerup.co
Name
Leke
Boat
Boto Action
Shimano Ocea Jigger 2000NRHG (2017 Model)

Asking 460.00 OBO

*If you prefer buying through offerup please pm and I can send you link to the post*

**Also willing to bundle Ocea Jigger with Shimano Game Type J Rod**

oceajigger_1.jpg
oceajigger_2.jpg
oceajigger_3.jpg

Leke

Feb 24, 2018
san diego
offerup.co
Name
Leke
Boat
Boto Action
Cant really speak on the Torque or the saltiga but I would say its really close to a trinidad in terms of feel and free spool. The auto engage is also really nice when jigging.

arkster

Jul 18, 2009
Palo Alto
Name
Ark
Boat
None
Ocea Jiggers are designed as jigging reels and typically include large handles for that purpose. They're meant for the Asian market mostly where slow pitch jigging is popular. Those rods are not meant to have reel clamps and I suspect that's why they don't include one in the box.

You could however buy an aftermarket clamp to attach the reel to your rod.

Reactions: Leke

Leke

Feb 24, 2018
san diego
offerup.co
Name
Leke
Boat
Boto Action
I
Ocea Jiggers are designed as jigging reels and typically include large handles for that purpose. They're meant for the Asian market mostly where slow pitch jigging is popular. Those rods are not meant to have reel clamps and I suspect that's why they don't include one in the box.

I wonder if the mini super clamps from DFP will work.

1599842789925.png

Reactions: MAG0121

Texas Tuna

Pinfish pimp
May 18, 2020
Rockport Texas
Name
Oliver
Boat
25' SaberCat

Yeah I have a ocean mark and a couple jigging masters and none of them have clamps. I actually use those for SPJ though. I was planning on getting something with a spool lock and t-bar for pier fishing. Im probably just gonna get a T-bar for one of my smaller saltigas because I already have an aftermarket clamp for them.

north coast

Aug 2, 2012
mass.
Name
kent
Boat
north coast
For what it’s worth, the ocea jigger IS a Trinidad. For all intents and purposes.
With a few different features. Spool lock, auto engage and a bit different exterior design. As mentioned, it’s a JDM product, not available in the states. Internally, it’s a Trinidad. With all the smooth, durable reliability the we love about them.
If I didn’t own about 8 TNa’s I’d be very interested in this. :)
GLWS. Someone will scoop this up.

Leke

Feb 24, 2018
san diego
offerup.co
Name
Leke
Boat
Boto Action
For what it’s worth, the ocea jigger IS a Trinidad. For all intents and purposes.
With a few different features. Spool lock, auto engage and a bit different exterior design. As mentioned, it’s a JDM product, not available in the states. Internally, it’s a Trinidad. With all the smooth, durable reliability the we love about them.
If I didn’t own about 8 TNa’s I’d be very interested in this. :)
GLWS. Someone will scoop this up.

I love it as well and appreciate you taking the time to write this. I dont think a lot of people realize that the jigger is the Trinidad internally as you said. Thank you again!

arkster

Jul 18, 2009
Palo Alto
Name
Ark
Boat
None
I should mention that if anyone is into slow pitch jigging, this is the perfect reel for that. I'd be all over this if I hadn't spent my money lately in buying slow pitch rods from Japan.
Incidentally I went on a cattle boat 3 weeks ago up here from Monterey and the slow pitch jigging outfit that I had produced bigger and higher quality rockfish and lingcod than anyone else on the boat. It was all about the action and in enticing bigger fish to bite.

Leke

Feb 24, 2018
san diego
offerup.co
Name
Leke
Boat
Boto Action
I should mention that if anyone is into slow pitch jigging, this is the perfect reel for that. I'd be all over this if I hadn't spent my money lately in buying slow pitch rods from Japan.
Incidentally I went on a cattle boat 3 weeks ago up here from Monterey and the slow pitch jigging outfit that I had produced bigger and higher quality rockfish and lingcod than anyone else on the boat. It was all about the action and in enticing bigger fish to bite.

Oh yeah! I've used this reel paired with a slow pitch rod (Shimano Gametype J B605) at the Coronado islands with a yoyo jig and hooked up on some nice yellows. Lots of fun and very light!

*Also selling the Shimano Game Type J Rod as well*