Shimano Flat fall Jigs for Sale - SOLD

Dan Banks

Jul 24, 2015
San Diego
Name
Dan
Boat
Tuna Tank
$30 each new. I know but I had to pay up for them but bought to many. . Don't buy the china ones they are not weighted the same and don't work.

IMG_2898.JPG

IMG_2774.JPG

Upvote 0

OFN

COB
Mar 18, 2007
Leona Valley
Name
Nat
Boat
Striper 2150, Indie
Dude all I have to say is Amazon is your friend. I picked up a bunch of flat falls recently. The worst price was from Melton's and was still cheaper than what you are asking by a pretty fair amount. Good luck with the sale but I think those are yours to keep.

Reactions: IE FISH SLAYER
Upvote 0

Dan Banks

Jul 24, 2015
San Diego
Name
Dan
Boat
Tuna Tank
i knew this was going to stir up the hornet's nest and i probably haven't yet heard it all.

But they are available at what i paid for them. Does that make me a bad guy?

When i was going out i was willing to pay whatever for them. You can't get a bite before gray without them. The last trip i was on out near Clemente we started fishing at 4 am. The only guys that got fish from 4 am to 6 am where guys with these jigs.

Upvote 0

Dan Banks

Jul 24, 2015
San Diego
Name
Dan
Boat
Tuna Tank
Dude all I have to say is Amazon is your friend. I picked up a bunch of flat falls recently. The worst price was from Melton's and was still cheaper than what you are asking by a pretty fair amount. Good luck with the sale but I think those are yours to keep.

I agree. I buy a lot of stuff from there. Just make sure they are shimano.

You see how in the product features they say "These Jigs are NOT Shimano Flat Fall Jigs".

Upvote 0

OFN

COB
Mar 18, 2007
Leona Valley
Name
Nat
Boat
Striper 2150, Indie
Last edited:
Upvote 0

stella marina

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 21, 2011
    santa cruz
    Name
    Andrew
    Boat
    Parker 2320, 16 Klamath cc, 10 ft Livingston "bass slayer"
    they sure do work though. Got my first tuna on the jig using the chartreuse and white.

Upvote 0

Dan Banks

Jul 24, 2015
    San Diego
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Tuna Tank
    LongFin in Orange has a full stock of all colors and sizes. $12/ Each. I was there yesterday.

If they are 12 bucks they are the china ones. Or call ahead to make sure they are shimano. They list for 12.95 and the bigger ones for 14.95. Just be careful. Have them in your tackle box. You will come home with more fish.

There was also another thread (in the fish report section) about these jigs in which guys were complaining about hook failures. Guess which ones they were using? That fish i pictured above was a #125. Took 4 1/2 hours to land because of the lighter gear.

The greatest thing that has come out of this thread is that everyone is getting educated on the jigs and the knock offs

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
    Sep 7, 2007
    la habra hts
    Name
    mike garrahan
    Boat
    23 ft. crestliner
    They were very hard to find a couple of months ago and people were paying a lot of money for them. Most of the tackle stores now have large numbers of them in stock. Sav-on-Tackle has dozens of the Shimano's in stock in most colors and sizes. The price is $14.99 for the 80g and 130g sizes. Squidco has the knockoffs in stock for $7.99. Even the tackle store at Seaforth had a bunch of the Shimano's for $14.99 when I was in there a couple of days ago.

Upvote 0

oh da shiz

did you say go pheeesh
    Jun 13, 2006
    Escondido
    Name
    Jason
    Boat
    Ranger Z21
    Absolutely you do not want the knock offs. Going price is $12.95 to $17.79. My orders came from Mahi Tackle, Jig Stop, Pelagic, and Meltons, Meltons price was the highest and their shipping also exceeded the cost from the other vendors. Link Below.

http://www.amazon.com/Shimano-Butterfly-Flat-Fall-Jigs-Weight

Shimano Butterfly Flat-Fall Jigs
    by Shimano
    16 customer reviews

Price: $12.95 - $17.79

View attachment 614939

Yup... got mine from Mahi Tackle as well cool guys there too. Ordered and shipped same day and delivered to my door the next.

IMG_6397.JPG

Upvote 0

Nathan1212

Keyboard Cowboy
    Oct 17, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Name
    Nathan
    Boat
    Some time soon
    The greatest thing that has come out of this thread is that everyone is getting educated on the jigs and the knock offs

Lol. This thread is about you trying to bleed some folks dry. The jigs are available everywhere. All tackle shops I have been in have them. As does Amazon, as does eBay.

Be real, you can't pretend to be altruistic when selling 15$ jigs for 30$.

Upvote 0

QBall

Almost A Member
    May 4, 2010
    T.O.
    Name
    Qingyu
    Boat
    n/a
    for your future reference we have couple tackle shops here have every color and size in stock for MSRP of 15 bucks or less.

Upvote 0

Dan Banks

Jul 24, 2015
    San Diego
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Tuna Tank
    Lol. This thread is about you trying to bleed some folks dry. The jigs are available everywhere. All tackle shops I have been in have them. As does Amazon, as does eBay.

Be real, you can't pretend to be altruistic when selling 15$ jigs for 30$.

Got to love BD. At the least lots of entertainment value in all this...

Upvote 0

Biglion813

Almost A Member
    Aug 26, 2010
    Corona, CA
    Would of have some interest if this was posted last year when supply wasn't there. Right now all the store is flooded with these jigs. It doesn't hurt to keep them for back-up since you already have it...pretty sure it pays for itself with all the fish you are going to catch with it.

Upvote 0

Dan Banks

Jul 24, 2015
    San Diego
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    Tuna Tank
    its all good brother. I have, like all of us, so much stuff that i have not used yet or may never use. Hear in San Diego the tackle shops don't have these jigs and if someone is going out i got a few extra. I paid up for them because i didn't want to drive to LA or OC looking for them. I didn't consider the guy i bought them from as a ass. He had them and i want to have them on the trip. I am glad i paid an extra 50 bucks. If that was the price of having the pleasure to fight a #125 blue fin for 4 1/2 hours what a deal that was. Thats all real simple.

Anyway they are pending sale. Dropping them off at the landing at 4:30 for someone.

Upvote 0