Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
Nov 29, 2004
San Diego
Name
Carl
Boat
everyone elses
Sooo I'm the only one who sees that big free swinging loop to jig connection as opposed to the established jig makers who have inconsistently drilled jigs that are often too close to the nose, weak, or too far back, dont swing freely?

Dont get me started on Salas brazing that needs a Dremel to smooth them out before you tie them on.

I see some advantages to that design.
I have never seen one in person.
I assume they are thru wired?

W
woodfish330
Brother....(laughing....) crappy welding is the way you tell.... your getting a "Genuine" SALAS. Been the same since the days of "Grandma".... in the 70's.
Upvote 0
Z
Zr1tech
Good eye! I didn't even pay attention to the connection. That's interesting. Dammit! Now I have to try them.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

DANG Nguyen

Almost A Member
  • Aug 1, 2017
    Garden Grove
    Name
    DAN NGUYEN
    Boat
    none
    Sooo I'm the only one who sees that big free swinging loop to jig connection as opposed to the established jig makers who have inconsistently drilled jigs that are often too close to the nose, weak, or too far back, dont swing freely?

Dont get me started on Salas brazing that needs a Dremel to smooth them out before you tie them on.

I see some advantages to that design.
    I have never seen one in person.
    I assume they are thru wired?
    Yes they are through wire. The size and weight is comparable with the Tady 45, they also have spring loaded weight inside to help the jig being cast further.

Reactions: woodfish330
    W
    woodfish330
    DANG Nguyen..... how do you know so much about that "new" jig? Inquiring minds want to know.....lol.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

DANG Nguyen

Almost A Member
  • Aug 1, 2017
    Garden Grove
    Name
    DAN NGUYEN
    Boat
    none
    @woodfish330
    DANG Nguyen..... how do you know so much about that "new" jig? Inquiring minds want to know.....lol.

It's on Shimano website. All I do is read the description.

SHIMANO 2.JPG

SHIMANO 1.JPG

Last edited:
    Upvote 0