DANG Nguyen

Almost A Member
  • Aug 1, 2017
    Garden Grove
    Name
    DAN NGUYEN
    Boat
    none
    Shimano just released the new Colt sniper Swim Kick target West Coast angler, price just $15 . What you you guys think?
    COLT SNIPER.JPG

https://fish.shimano.com/content/fi...mano_Product_Page.P-COLTSNIPER_SWIM_KICK.html

Reactions: dmendoza72
    Upvote 0

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
  • Jan 19, 2016
    LB
    Name
    Jed Venture
    Boat
    the twisted ducker
    I think they suck at naming their jigamajigs, WTF A third jig with the name Coltsniper? .... Really!!!

Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Sad.....Sad....Sad brothers. If thats what SHIMANO was pedaling as "NEW" ..... at the recent ICAST show... they're running out of ideas. Dont we deserve innovation...like the BICYCLE DIVISION??

It looks like a dozen other "non descript" surface irons.... should we just start naming brands?

Well....ZERO "R and D" money spent here. YES....ALL THAT and only a $15 price! You sure thats not more BRAID crap? He was always the king of copy. Did a poor job at that as well.

So for me.... unless its the JESUS JIG... I'll stick with my TADY's and SALAS thank you.

SaltH20Angler

I'm not superstitious... cuz it's bad luck.
  • Aug 6, 2016
    SoCal - Corona
    Name
    Christopher
    Boat
    I know a couple guys...
    As long as jigs with subpar rings and hooks keep flying off the shelf, the manufacturers will keep making them that way.

Let your $$ do your talking and the manufacturers will listen.

There are some brands that have quality rings/hooks. Buy those instead or keep being a sucker and spending your hard earned cash to double buy a decent jig.

Reactions: woodfish330
    Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    .....alright, alright.... I have questioned many decisions made by "marketing" individuals claiming to know "their" target market. As a consumer.... I believe you and I have that right.

BUT....I do want to come to SHIMANO's defense....some what. First think about this... of anywhere in the U.S. they could be... they're right HERE in S. Cal. No.... no explaining your problem with your BFT reel... to some guy in St. PAUL. They are a "LOCAL" Company.... and their people are amongst us daily.

Many a great innovation in SHIMANO's recent and current product line has a DIRECT tie to "West Coast" Style fishing. Yeah....it takes time...sometimes years. No guarantee there's gonna be "relevant" product every year.... and
    Yes....some years more than others.

But... as a whole....I believe ...we as a "niche" market... HAVE BENIFITED considerably from both location and direct exposure to their main office.

You'd like to think that SOMEWHERE in your tackle "collection" .... your feedback .... helped them create that reel you love. That rod you kicked butt with. That FLATFALL....lol. Need I say more. So... not defending "questionable" marketing decisions.... but putting credit..... where credit is due. Who knows.... could be next seasons hot ticket. Just some additional thoughts.... and no I didn't recently get a job at SHIMANO... lol.

Upvote 0