Shelter in place order until 4/19. Does that mean no more fishing?

dwaynesda

dwayne
Apr 27, 2003
santee
Visit site
Name
dwayne
Boat
Cabo 216
Start coughing liken crazy when you get approached. They will certainly not get close to you , cite you or even try to put you in cuffs!

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
Jul 28, 2012
Fullerton
Name
Wally
Boat
16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
Was thinking the same thing except probably at least few hundred thousand others thinking the same. Might be worth it to bring a mask just in case. There was a picture of Santa Monica Beach over the past weekend...hundreds...maybe thousands were on the beach...looked like summer. Fuck that...if its like that just find a more secluded spot or go home. I wouldnt trust that 6 ft guideline being given especially where theres a breeze of any kind. I think a lot of beaches will close public parking in response. State Parks already are. Although I may look like a kook, I've decided Im going to wear my 1/2 mask P100 respirator even when I go to the bank, post office, or market.

Attachments

Reactions: lkatdpelicanfly

lkatdpelicanfly

Lizard Fish Slayer
Jun 23, 2009
sou cal
Name
Frank
Boat
Kayak
Yep...have 1 n95 mask too that I sprayed with some colloidal silver solution I made but the fit is nowhere near as good as my 1/2 mask.

Baja Belk

Long, grandiloquent fish stories. Sorry.
Sep 8, 2009
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Mike
Boat
18.5 Striper CC - Puro Grande "Only Big Ones"
So how long do we think the asinine closing of the boat ramps is going to last? Are there enough fishing orgs affected to throw a stink to the right people? I understand the closing of beaches and parks to avoid congregations of people, but my boy and I can't launch at a public ramp to go catch some fresh protein? They are literally restricting my options of obtaining food without social interaction. This is crazy.

Derby

My "Member" is Well Known.
Sep 9, 2010
SouthBay SF
Name
The Kid
Boat
Aquasport 222 FFV
Are there enough fishing orgs affected to throw a stink to the right people?
You think the Health Department cares about a group of recreational fishing organizations?

They shut down all non essential business around the country....and most of the world!

I want to go fishing just as much as the rest of us.

Unfortunately not everyone is intelligent enough to understand Social Distancing. That is why these activities are being restricted.

The more people try to test the limits of Shelter In Place, the longer the Shelter In Place will last.

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
Jul 28, 2012
Fullerton
Name
Wally
Boat
16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
TN and KY
Had about the same number of infections 10 days ago.
KY enacted Stay in place restrictions
TN did not
Now TN has 17 times the infection as KY and rising

cioppino

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
Float tubed the bay Sunday. Saw one boat with 9 people on it, pry 25' CC, and another 50' cruiser with 6 dudes on it. The cruiser group all shook hands upon departing. I was like WTF!!?? Complete morons on both accounts.
We will get home lockdown if that shit doesn't stop.

Reactions: pacificscout

fishkilr

on the water
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Just watched today's talk show and it sounded like the president and his staff were giving tremendous credit to California decision makers for their early decisive action to mitigate the spread of the virus in California and Washington state that will save countless lives..
I think the guys name is gavin something that many bders seem to have an incredible hatred for..
I wonder if those guys will give him some kudos for what they called a complete panic and overreaction on his part to shut things down early??
Prob not ...it seems conceding anything politically is torture for both sides..

Reactions: pacificscout