Shelter in place order until 4/19. Does that mean no more fishing?

JayLee71

Doh!
Dec 5, 2010
NEWHALL
Name
Jay Lee
Boat
Arima Sea Ranger 21
Was going to get the boat out and take my boys out to Anacapa this weekend. Will the police give me a ticket if they spot me because of this shelter in place thing? This wuhan virus thing is making me sick(not literally).

Fearlessfiasco

Loco Leftist...
Jun 5, 2012
La Mesa
Name
Jeff
Boat
Sea Pro 170DC & S/V Lunar Dawn a Casade 36' Sloop
Seems highly unlikely they'll be stopping people for being on the road. But if they do just tell them you're going out for mental exercise and collection of food.

JayLee71

Doh!
Dec 5, 2010
NEWHALL
Name
Jay Lee
Boat
Arima Sea Ranger 21
Found the answer. "For now, the orders won't be enforced by police. "

Think I'm good to go. Can't imagine fishing on my own boat being any danger of getting the virus.

Reactions: [email protected]

Reel 007

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
Was thinking of going to Catalina for a couple days next week, question now is, will the harbor patrol be working, can we get food service on the Island?.

Kman

Apr 7, 2003
So Cal
Name
Kurt
Boat
Robalo R180 Trailer Trash
Was thinking of going to Catalina for a couple days next week, question now is, will the harbor patrol be working, can we get food service on the Island?.
Will Vessel Assist be working?

Reel 007

Jun 12, 2006
Glendora Ca
Name
Leon
Boat
28 Wellcraft Coastal "vagabond'
Will Vessel Assist be working?
Good Question, can't stay in the house looking at the wall, if Covid19 don't kill me cabin fever will, either way I am f****d

Reactions: One_Leg

split172

Aug 3, 2015
Orange County
Name
One More
Boat
Steiger Craft 25
I doubt any law enforcement will be around to bother you. If they do, tell them you are living on your boat. BoatUS is still available as needed per their website.

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
You guys missed the part where they said that fishing was a vital nation interest. They did not specify it it was commercial or sport, so we will take the push. It any one asked, it vital nation interest, but we may have to make our own bait! Tight lines, but no more than two people per each 6ft of boat!
See ya on the water.

Reactions: [email protected]

mike garrahan

TheSabreGuy
Sep 7, 2007
la habra hts
Name
mike garrahan
Boat
23 ft. crestliner
I have a lot of friends in law enforcement. What they tell me is that they are not writing tickets, they only make arrests when absolutely necessary and they are avoiding contact with people as much as possible. The last thing they want to do is come in contact with someone who has the corona virus or worse yet arrest someone who is infected and bring them back to the station causing everyone working in the station to be placed in quarantine. I don't think anyone is going to bother you for going fishing.

Last edited:
Reactions: wils and bus kid

ratboy

Nov 18, 2006
sc
Name
jason
Boat
katie sea
Commercials are all out of business and trying to dump inventory off the boats right now. They would fish if they had a market.
not true for all!

ratboy

Nov 18, 2006
sc
Name
jason
Boat
katie sea
Sorry in SD and I heard a boat trying to offload up north had no market.

I talked to a few boats on the dock today at G street that didn't have a market and said our Dockside market is closed tomorrow.
Roger that I heard the same, I guess I should have spelled out what I was implying better, there are fish being caught and sold still here and the Bay Area, mostly smaller skiff guys and some crab guys for the local markets and CSFs. Bigger boats that ship out and bigger markets are on the decline cause of this crazy stuff.

Reactions: Jason

ratboy

Nov 18, 2006
sc
Name
jason
Boat
katie sea
Great deals on bigeye, opah, wahoo, etc right now if you know who to call.

I was mainly trying to say. They would be fishing if they had a market so why can't we?....
lots of people fishing today here, sport and commercial. So far salmon is a go for the sport opener, unless something changes......

invictus

AVD
May 26, 2006
Orange County
Name
Jason
Boat
Tiara 2000 Cuddy
Now that is a civil exchange, explaining to one another their posts.

Every closet, the garage and drawer has been reorganized at home. Wife keeping the kids going like rented mules.

Reactions: SMYLEE and mrkrabs
Mar 11, 2006
san diego
Name
curt ljungquist
Boat
22 sea cat/16 klamath
Think I'm good to go. Can't imagine fishing on my own boat being any danger of getting the virus.
[/QUOTE]

I believe the real "danger" is not getting the virus, but spreading it. Since our f-ing government can't get their shit together and supply test kits we really don't know who does or doesn't have it. The virus is spreading by people that are symptom free. We are making the same mistakes that Italy and Spain made. We all need to heed the warnings they are speaking.
Be safe, healthy, and smart.

TanstaaflSD

Dec 3, 2013
San Diego, CA, USA
Name
Tanstaafl
Boat
n/a
I am thinking that solo surf fishing sounds like exercise and food gathering.....although I am almost alway catch and release from the surf.....but might someday get a legal Halibut.....

Reactions: pacificscout

lkatdpelicanfly

Lizard Fish Slayer
Jun 23, 2009
sou cal
Name
Frank
Boat
Kayak
Was thinking the same thing except probably at least few hundred thousand others thinking the same. Might be worth it to bring a mask just in case. There was a picture of Santa Monica Beach over the past weekend...hundreds...maybe thousands were on the beach...looked like summer. Fuck that...if its like that just find a more secluded spot or go home. I wouldnt trust that 6 ft guideline being given especially where theres a breeze of any kind. I think a lot of beaches will close public parking in response. State Parks already are. Although I may look like a kook, I've decided Im going to wear my 1/2 mask P100 respirator even when I go to the bank, post office, or market.

Reactions: pacificscout