mochosla

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 12, 2007
Granada Hills CA.
Name
Carlos
Boat
2000 21' WA Striper
Well, a week after seeing her, I picked up. It was love at first sight 😘. Both my wife and I liked it very much. Today, we did a sea trial and compression test. I got to say. I’ve owned different boats but this one is amazing. How it handles, how sturdy it feels, riding a closed cabin is awesome as well. I totally loved it. Compression tested great. All tested 190 to 195 PSI and the motor showed it was strong on the water. 2120, 2012 and is clean! Can’t wait to take her out fishing this weekend!

I will post some more pics tomorrow.

Comments welcome.

8E30E050-688E-40CE-955F-F6BFD25CC5BF.jpeg

334B412D-24E4-4006-AB29-5D5005A9BBAE.jpeg

1BFAE39D-873F-44CC-B5AF-C882CD599D24.jpeg

djam

Jun 2, 2008
Irvine
Name
Dave
Boat
Parker 2320 (Terabite)
The second best part of the year, getting a boat, the best part, fishing every weekend, and being broke from all the fuel you burn creating memories.

Long Beach Bob

May 13, 2004
Long Beach and points due west
Name
Bob Ballew
Boat
2520 Parker with twin 200 Yamahas
You want to keep the window frames, control lever, door handle and wiper motors waxed...over time they will corrode from salt air thru the open windows...also grease the threaded window locks and inside the door handle to avoid corrosion issues...make sure the red/green bow light is sealed good...salt tends to leak into the bulb area when the screws break loose from the fiberglass...should have been thru-bolted or put on the side of the cabin at the factory...good boat for coastal fishing and local island fishng!

djam

Jun 2, 2008
Irvine
Name
Dave
Boat
Parker 2320 (Terabite)
You want to keep the window frames, control lever, door handle and wiper motors waxed...over time they will corrode from salt air thru the open windows...also grease the threaded window locks and inside the door handle to avoid corrosion issues...make sure the red/green bow light is sealed good...salt tends to leak into the bulb area when the screws break loose from the fiberglass...should have been thru-bolted or put on the side of the cabin at the factory...good boat for coastal fishing and local island fishng!
What do you use to wax those items? Same with the grease.

blubby07

Aug 24, 2009
Oceanside Ca
Name
Josh
Boat
21 Parker cc , and 2556 cierra yes its a bayliner (The Dude Man)
way cool stoked for you, I love that stern rail!

mochosla

Sep 12, 2007
Granada Hills CA.
Name
Carlos
Boat
2000 21' WA Striper
Thank you for the advice!

i snag for food

Jun 19, 2005
Los Angeles
Name
Vic
Boat
Wellcraft Bay 195
That’s a sweet boat I saw it in person. I ended up picking a newer 2120 but came naked. That boat is rigged and ready to slay congrats!

mochosla

Sep 12, 2007
Granada Hills CA.
Name
Carlos
Boat
2000 21' WA Striper
That’s a sweet boat I saw it in person. I ended up picking a newer 2120 but came naked. That boat is rigged and ready to slay congrats!
Yeah. The owner took great care of it? Is there a reason you didn’t buy it? You wanted something newer?

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
Congrats skipper thats a nice sled!

i snag for food

Jun 19, 2005
Los Angeles
Name
Vic
Boat
Wellcraft Bay 195
My partner was hesitant because of the bottom paint, amount of hours and 150 being underpowered. But everything else on there was great.

RodRage

Share the stoke!
Sep 7, 2017
Surf City Ca.
Name
Huntington Hillbilly
Boat
Chaparral 224 Fisherman
My partner was hesitant because of the bottom paint, amount of hours and 150 being underpowered. But everything else on there was great.
No inspection or compression test? How many hours? Bottom paints at least a grand....

i snag for food

Jun 19, 2005
Los Angeles
Name
Vic
Boat
Wellcraft Bay 195
I will not discuss hours because it isn’t my boat but the bottom paint was a bit rough and for whatever reason always thought it was bad(if it isn’t slipped)

Sydngoose

May 2, 2016
Jacksonville, Fl
Name
Aaron
Boat
Parker 2120 Sport Cabin "Conception"
My 1st Parker was a 2120: I loved her. A quick pro tip: Once you clean the cabin after a day of fishing, cruising, place a "damp rid" bag hanging from the grab bar forward to the bench seat. Lock the windows and cabin door: there will be no mildew or growth or smell or stank in the cabin ever: it's the easiest way to keep that cabin looking / smelling new. Congrats. She is a fine rig.

Reactions: tsuribakagaijin

mochosla

Sep 12, 2007
Granada Hills CA.
Name
Carlos
Boat
2000 21' WA Striper
No inspection or compression test? How many hours? Bottom paints at least a grand....
I did do a compression test and all four cylinders were between 190 and 195 PSI. As for the paint, I'm researching how to remove it as I do not like it nor do I need it as the boat will sit on the trailer. Does anyone have any advice in how to remove it?

mochosla

Sep 12, 2007
Granada Hills CA.
Name
Carlos
Boat
2000 21' WA Striper
My 1st Parker was a 2120: I loved her. A quick pro tip: Once you clean the cabin after a day of fishing, cruising, place a "damp rid" bag hanging from the grab bar forward to the bench seat. Lock the windows and cabin door: there will be no mildew or growth or smell or stank in the cabin ever: it's the easiest way to keep that cabin looking / smelling new. Congrats. She is a fine rig.
Thank you for the advice! I buy the bags now!