Hellosugaree

Almost A Member
Sep 6, 2019
San Francisco
Name
Timbo
Boat
13' Boston Whaler
Wifey with a beautiful leopard on a foggy day in the SF bay.

20191116_113400.jpg

Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Brother your right....and it may not be luck. There were a number of comprehensive studies done on this...believe it or not in the 80's and 90's. Rather than bore you...I'll get to the main points.

Your hands have many bodily influenced chemicals on them. One of them is an amino acid...released with presperation. Fish find this specific natural acid totally repugnant.... and will avoid it if at all possible. Woman don't have this...or so little it's undetectable.

Everything you touch....lure, bait, line...knots, has this amino acid on it at traceable levels. After all the controlled testing they did....they came up with 2 suggestions. If you want to catch better than your wife...When she comes with you and make a real day of competition, you'll have to wear gloves....or have her rig and bait your rod all day. Good luck with that suggestion....lol. But serious science. Next time she challenges you....get out the gloves....for real!!

Nice shark too brother. Nice to share your love....With the wife.

Upvote 0
    P

Paddyman1

Brother your right....and it may not be luck. There were a number of comprehensive studies done on this...believe it or not in the 80's and 90's. Rather than bore you...I'll get to the main points.

Your hands have many bodily influenced chemicals on them. One of them is an amino acid...released with presperation. Fish find this specific natural acid totally repugnant.... and will avoid it if at all possible. Woman don't have this...or so little it's undetectable.

Everything you touch....lure, bait, line...knots, has this amino acid on it at traceable levels. After all the controlled testing they did....they came up with 2 suggestions. If you want to catch better than your wife...When she comes with you and make a real day of competition, you'll have to wear gloves....or have her rig and bait your rod all day. Good luck with that suggestion....lol. But serious science. Next time she challenges you....get out the gloves....for real!!

Nice shark too brother. Nice to share your love....With the wife.
    Huh! Now this explains why I’m better at paying dues.

Upvote 0

woodfish330

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Aug 14, 2012
    San Fransisco,CA USA
    Name
    John
    Boat
    Fishead
    Worked thru the years with many nationally recognized fishing celebrities, it was a running joke about them having a few competitions.... ie husband and wife. It really bugged them. ...the wives would win 7 out of 10 times. So I explained and suggested the glove idea. They all laughed.... except 1. He tried it. Been outfishing his wife ever since. We laughed about it a few years ago. So think about what's on your hands... before you rig / bait up. Just my suggestion.

Reactions: Dina
    Upvote 0