tylerderdan

Stay classy San diego
Dec 20, 2005
Glendora
Name
Scott
Boat
215cc triumph "Unforgiven"
Met hannapah (Bill) down at Dana Point and launched around 9:00 a.m. I also had my brother in law with me. Headed out and set up for a kick back day. Shortly into the drift I'm on with a Mako, after a short battle the meat part of the day done with a 100 lb fish and everything else is catch and release. I hooked the next mako also, about an 80 lb fish which we released. Then my brother-in-law hooks up, after a short while another release. Last up was Bill to get hooked up. I was getting drilled on my outside rig, so Bill and I pulled the bait and switch move on the Mako and it worked like a champ. Bill was hooked up on 15lb line with an 75-80lb mako. This fight lasted for a while due to light line, but after 30min. we had the fish at leader and released that one to. In between all the mako's we caught released about 9 or 10 blues. It was a great day, with good company and a lot of action.

Only shitty part of the day was on the home, one the brakes on the trailer started smoking. But my brother-in-law took the whole damn thing apart on the side of the freeway, dis-engaged the brake that was toast and got us back on the road. It pays to have mechanic with you!

rrhookup

Fish/Surf..A Way of Life
Apr 30, 2004
RB
Name
Romme
Boat
Farallon 25 "Midori", 16' Western skiff
Scott,

Excellent report. Sounds like a great day on the pond with some good friends. Whereabouts did you fish, 14 mile bank? Thinking of taking my bro from Ohio out with his two boys in a few weeks and may try some sharking if the exotics are hit and miss.

Romme

Punkfish

Fish This!!!
Jun 20, 2005
Huntington Beach, Ca.
Name
Jason
Boat
24 Ft. Skipjack Flybridge "Regulators"
No more fucking talk of catching Makos last weekend, We fucking skunked, had one or two hanging in the chumline, threw it every fucking peice of candy I had for nothing. Days end we trolled up the slick to barely get bit by a pup that didn't stick anyway!

Anyway, congrats Scotty, did Justin go with you???

Jas...................................................................................................

Fishing Addict

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 29, 2005
LA
Name
Fishing Addict
Boat
26' Striper, Diesel
Man, you guys have got some balls shark fishing on 15lb test.:appl:

Hellbear

Jul 11, 2005
Richmond Hill, GA
Name
Larry
Boat
SS Trouser Trout
Very nice Scott. Way to go get em.

LOL Jason. That's cause I wasn't there. :rofl:

ReconDoc242

Dude on the mountain...
Jul 1, 2005
Chino Hills, CA and Flagstaff, AZ
www.specopsts.com
Name
Doc
Boat
24ft CC- Ulla's Revenge
Fellas...looks like I just ran out of Mako meat as of last saturday. I think its time to reload. Anyone up for it!

Punkfish

Fish This!!!
Jun 20, 2005
Huntington Beach, Ca.
Name
Jason
Boat
ReconDoc242 said:
Fellas...looks like I just ran out of Mako meat as of last saturday. I think its time to reload. Anyone up for it!

When and where Carlos?? Maybe we can fill the freezers with enough for the BBQ on the 23rd. Let me know!

Jas....................................................................................................

tylerderdan

Stay classy San diego
Dec 20, 2005
Glendora
Name
Scott
Boat
ReconDoc242 said:
If you want to restock the freezer Carlos I have no problem going out with ya.

KC Kevin

Go Chiefs!
Feb 6, 2004
Mission Viejo
Visit site
Name
ummm....
Boat
26 Proline WAC
thanks for the report Scott. I may try a little sharkin' next week myself.

madrugador

ITS ALL ABOUT THE HUNT
Jul 6, 2004
el cajon
Name
chad
Boat
26 blackman MADRUGADOR II For sale ,13'6 gregor hoopster
thanks for the report if anybody needs a ho in the afternoon for a shark trip im in got all the gear,flying gaffs etc chad

Punkfish

Fish This!!!
Jun 20, 2005
Huntington Beach, Ca.
Name
Jason
Boat
tylerderdan said:
If you want to restock the freezer Carlos I have no problem going out with ya.

Looks like round two boys............DING.........DING!!!!!!!!:rockin:

Maybe we can get Hellbear on the boat this time!! If he's notbarf

Jas....................................................................................................

ReconDoc242

Dude on the mountain...
Jul 1, 2005
Chino Hills, CA and Flagstaff, AZ
www.specopsts.com
Name
Doc
Boat
24ft CC- Ulla's Revenge
sunday??? Oside launch, plus we can take a few tuna feathers for good measure...ya never know this time of the year.

Enfuego

Your favorite Realtor
Jun 3, 2004
Rancho San Diego
www.CalRealtySD.com
Name
Yusef
Boat
None
Let me know if you need another cabina boy. I am up for it on a days notice.

tylerderdan

Stay classy San diego
Dec 20, 2005
Glendora
Name
Scott
Boat
ReconDoc242 said:
sunday??? Oside launch, plus we can take a few tuna feathers for good measure...ya never know this time of the year.
I'm in Carlos, give me a call and let me know what time.

Punkfish

Fish This!!!
Jun 20, 2005
Huntington Beach, Ca.
Name
Jason
Boat
ReconDoc242 said:

I'll confirm in the A.M.!! Shouldn't be a problem.

Jas..................................................................................................

Hellbear

Jul 11, 2005
Richmond Hill, GA
Name
Larry
Boat
SS Trouser Trout
Punkfish said:
Maybe we can get Hellbear on the boat this time!! If he's notbarf

Hey I did good last time we went. I just can't get hammered the night before and need to eat a little breakfast before hand is all.

If there's room I am definately down for going.

Punkfish

Fish This!!!
Jun 20, 2005
Huntington Beach, Ca.
Name
Jason
Boat
ReconDoc242 said:
you are welcome aboard. It should be just me, Punkfish, Tylerdan, and my a korean buddy of mine.

Carlos, I believe your up correct? Sam can't have the first fish!!

Talk with you boys in the A.M.

Jas...................................................................................................

hanapah

Oct 19, 2004
Costa Mesa
Name
Bill
Boat
216 Cabo CC
Scott thanks again for taking me out yesterday. I had a great time and can't wait to get YOU out there and fish the light line. Only way to fish for the smaller makos.I was stoked that you got your mako on your boat and that you brother in law got his very fish mako.Just one fucking question how come your fish was 100 lbs. and my fish was only 75 or 80 lbs.YOU SUCK Bill

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
Jun 26, 2004
In the Sticks
Name
Jim Perkins
Boat
Lowe 1448M Fishing & Duck Boat "The MeatHog"
Hey guy's where do you pick up your chum? or do you make your own? I just built a chum slick grinder bucket combo.It will pump 750 gal. per hour over board to make my own slick,With built in grinder to make use of all my old fish carcasses.I was wondering if there is a place to buy pre-made chum blocks? Any info would be awsome. Thanx Jim

Bigdog

Nov 21, 2004
Laguna Hills
www.danaanglingclub.org
Name
Dan Upchurch
Boat
22' Sea Pro "Dirty Deeds"
dbar said:
Hey guy's where do you pick up your chum? or do you make your own? I just built a chum slick grinder bucket combo.It will pump 750 gal. per hour over board to make my own slick,With built in grinder to make use of all my old fish carcasses.I was wondering if there is a place to buy pre-made chum blocks? Any info would be awsome. Thanx Jim
Jim,
You can buy frozen buckets of chum at most tackle shops and the local fuel docks also sell them. We use them plus we make as much mackeral as we can before heading out. I also heard John's fish market in Dana Point sells 50# blocks of mackeral.

tylerderdan

Stay classy San diego
Dec 20, 2005
Glendora
Name
Scott
Boat
dbar said:
Everyone has different opinions on the subject, but I used to have on board a chum grinder. It was huge pain in the ass!! We just use the frozen chum blocks and buy the refills and keep filling the same bucket through the day. It's far the work and makes a much more enjoyable day of fishing. Pay attention to your slick and sure you change you bucket before the block runs out, to not break the slick. Always make your bait before heading out!

dbar

Mmmmmm Backstraps
Jun 26, 2004
In the Sticks
Name
Jim Perkins
Boat
Lowe 1448M Fishing & Duck Boat "The MeatHog"
Dan and Scott thanks for the reply's.It looks like you are both up north of me.If you know of somewhere in San Diego area for chum would be cool,If not i will just use the new machine only.Thank's again for the feed back.

bullyo

Aug 5, 2005
San Marcos
Name
Anthony
Boat
None
sqc on barnet ave sells similar frozen stuff, across from mcrd

gunnyslinger

Steady 1’s and 2’s
Mar 15, 2006
Huntington Beach
Name
Justin
Boat
20’ CC
hey motherfuckers, if you go sharkin, givew me a heads up, none of this "hey im going fishing tomorrow, wanna go?" gimme a couple days lol. anywho tlak to ya soon!