edited so you don't read the defaulted stuff, lol
  • Nov 26, 2008
    Los Angeles- South Central
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    None
    late report as I just got back from a long trip in Alaska

I stayed in Seward and fished two 12hr trips on Monday and Tuesday on Profish-n-Sea with good weather going out but a bit bumpy coming in. Wow, incredible views of the inlets and fjords, we fished south of Montague Island. Capt Woody made it so easy for us, just listen, learn, and enjoy!

All the spots were very fishy as we limited out on halibut and almost on rock fish. Top butt of the trips was 64lbs with nice unders (32inches or less) and overs (any over 32 inches no size limit).
    9DB709F8-D6CF-4CA0-B371-BF4FEF86B601.jpeg
    I was lucky enough to catch the only silver salmon of the trips, on day two (sorry no pic)
    E0554257-E749-4862-99D1-A7E3875C9313.jpeg

Jigging for the unders and rockfish was fun but waiting for the big bite was pretty uneventful, so glad the other anglers were pretty cool to fish with and make the time go by. Also caught some huge lings but not in season till Thursday :hali_parkutuli:

lots of dogfish sharks giving us problems but the tug is the drug right?

Thanks for all the advice and info on different places to visit as well. Had fun being my first trip ever to Alaska so many more to come.

Tail Chaser

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    The wife and I were in Seward a few days ago... we didn't fish... instead watched whales, then Iceburgs being born, and bubble netting... Rad trip but I just wanted to fish!
    Had to settle for Kodiak and Prince of Whales islands fishing.

Congrats on some nice fish.

Reactions: nu2reels
    Upvote 0

Tail Chaser

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 31, 2004
    Claremont
    Name
    Ryan
    Boat
    Hobie Outback
    On our way to Seward via Alaska Railway.... It didn't suck at all! I was against the train but
    it waz Rad...

Screenshot_20210709-185635_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

nu2reels

edited so you don't read the defaulted stuff, lol
  • Nov 26, 2008
    Los Angeles- South Central
    Name
    Dan
    Boat
    None
    On our way to Seward via Alaska Railway.... It didn't suck at all! I was against the train but
    it waz Rad...

View attachment 1297576

we took the Park Connections Motorcoach from Anchorage to Seward and that was enough, saw moose and the bus was tall enough to see out.
    Couldn’t get a car, but I wouldn’t pay those prices anyways and lots of taxi’s and bus stops in town to not worry about a car.

enjoy!

Upvote 0