URN

Almost A Member
  • Feb 20, 2018
    Anchorage
    Name
    URN
    Boat
    Whaler 25
    Had a nice little run out of Seward Saturday. Around 300 foots of water and didn’t take long for the chickens to come in. Stopped in closer for a few rockfish and found some p cod at the halibut hole too. Caught some arrow tooth flounder and a spiny dogfish but didn’t get pics. Good time for five of us dudes enjoying the grocery shopping.

70E6FF43-0E78-47E2-9591-0EEA90A00A32.jpeg

Randal

randal
    Nov 29, 2004
    California
    Name
    randal
    Boat
    19' Marine Specialty
    I know everyone likes the big halibut to show and fill a box. Personally I love the size of the filet you get from a fish in that range to eat. Cool catch!

Reactions: Tunahead
    Upvote 0

URN

Almost A Member
  • Feb 20, 2018
    Anchorage
    Name
    URN
    Boat
    Whaler 25
    I know everyone likes the big halibut to show and fill a box. Personally I love the size of the filet you get from a fish in that range to eat. Cool catch!
    I prefer the smaller ones for sure. If I fill the freezer early in the season it’s harder to justify to keep going out.

Upvote 0

URN

Almost A Member
  • Feb 20, 2018
    Anchorage
    Name
    URN
    Boat
    Whaler 25
    Nice haul. How far you guys going for the butts?
    Typically we go about 30-40 miles out of res bay. There are some spots around Aialik cape I want to try soon. My dad will be up for the month of July so there will be a lot of fishing going on.

Reactions: Jankity
    Jankity
    Jankity
    Thanks. We usually only ever fish for silvers out of seward and halibut out of homer.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    Wow NICE load of FISH! Those Halibut the best eating grade. Those China rockers good eating too.
    Let those barn doors keep re-producing for the future.
    Great report and pics.

Upvote 0