c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
Game plan:start at upper hidden work our way south.
Started out slow for us.Trolled our way south for a few hours.Paddys seem to be hard to come by.
Trolled and trolled south.

4th paddy of the day just a few miles south of hidden and approx. 60 miles from the point 10:30 AM...BINGO!
All the dorado you could shake a stick at turning into wide open football Yf on this cookie cutter paddy.Full limits for three.
That's all she wrote.
One of the dorado was worth posting pic....all in all today turned out to be quite wonderful.

Heard of someone losing paddy full of dorado on the radio.I too have lost many a paddy,especially if its overcast ,choppy and there is a 15 knot breeze.I included a pic of what we do when we find a paddy...orange baloon can be seen from a mile away.

014.JPG

012.JPG

020.JPG

018.JPG

Reactions: stuman
Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
May 4, 2004
santee ca.
Name
Bill
Boat
08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
P.S. Thank you fish dope.
They did report that from the hidden down to the upper 500 that lots of paddys were loaded with dorado and yellowfin.This was a major factor that drove me further south with the confidence that I would find success.

The paddy we found today had the biggest school of dorado I have ever seen in my life.....hundreds and hundreds.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2small and emosisko
Upvote 0
Jul 22, 2008
In the boat/in the blind
Name
Bill
Boat
18' westcoaster SOLD
Sweet I would rather catch and eat dodos than tuna. Push those dang things up here

Upvote 0

OILAGER

Hecho en Estados Unidos
Apr 27, 2006
M Class Planet / Riverside
Name
Wayne
Boat
Grady White 228 Seafarer "GOTTA GET'M"
Thanks for the report. I was wondering when someone was going to go pass the local weekend chaos and hit that area. I thought about it last week, but stayed close like everyone else. I think I've caught most of my BFT and Dorado between the Upper and Lower, especially when I could find one of those almost-a-virgin paddies to stop on.

Upvote 0

Shark Meat

Diehard/Determined CAPT
Apr 5, 2006
San Diego, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Glacier Bay 2670 Isle Runner - Shark Meat II
Awesome, congrats

Upvote 0

MikeyLikesIt