Port Angeles
Name
Allen
Boat
26' Olympic XLF
I would like to share some of the bounty......Anyone ever send smoked
salmon??........It's vacuum packed of course.....What should I do before I eat
it all??
What I did was make sure everything was frozen solid and packed very tightly inside a box lined with styrofoam and plastic bags and packed it really tight with duct tape and plastic then shipped it via fed-ex overnight and it got there (Wa to Wi) very quickly and still frozen solid !! You could include some freezer packs with it if your worried about it thawing !!

Waterdog~

Just one more
Sep 1, 2009
Hollywood
Name
Brian
Boat
Tiderunner
I just sent not frozen with the white gel frozen packs in a lined box no problem...

Hunter Dan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 30, 2011
Stauffer
Name
Dan
Boat
MUGWUMP
An old family friend of ours cans her smoked fish. In oil, pint jars. Not quite as good as fresh out of the smoker, but better than frozen and no worries about thawing or losing ice in shipment.

Salmonmoocher

"Holding My Own Rod"
Sep 9, 2009
Puyallup, WA - USA
Name
Billy Bob
Boat
27' Grady White "Main Break Too", 17' Seaswirl CC "Salmonmoocher"
I just sent not frozen with the white gel frozen packs in a lined box no problem...
What Brian said, only I just freeze it, put in large Priority box and the Daughter gets it in Boston in 2 days with No Issues.(No Ice)
I send it to her 4 to 5 times per year. Each package is Seal a Mealed and the box is stuffed with paper towels.

Barracuda1

Master of None
Jul 7, 2011
All over this bitch!
Name
Fred
Boat
Defiance 220 EX (BARRACUDA II)
I've been sending smoked salmon to my sis in Chicago in a priority box. 5 bucks! send it frozn thawed by the time it gets there no prob.