SELLING SPOT ON INDY FOR 8/28. 7 day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornpop

Newbie
Aug 18, 2021
2
0
Ca
Name
Cornpop
Boat
indy
Selling a spot on the Indy departing this Saturday on a 7 day.
Trip sold out Feb 12th and there is a waiting list. My buddy had to bail for business and now
I have a spot open. Young'sTackle Trip.
I'm selling the spot for the discounted price of $2,700. And not the actual $3,050.00 fare. I can not go lower. Cash or card as I am a merchant.
Hit me up if you want in.
Good luck to everyone heading out on their trips.
 

chilidip

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Jul 26, 2006
    1,085
    990
    North OC
    Name
    David
    Boat
    17' Logic CC
    Because if I call Judy, she will sell the spot and I'm screwed.
    I'll try to catch a wait lister at the docks.

    interested to see what the circumstances are for this as I would like to someday go on his 7 day on the Indy. If your’e in some sort of pickle perhaps calling Kevin at Young’s could help?
     
    • Like
    Reactions: jer dog
    Upvote 0

    Blender02

    Almost A Member
    Jun 5, 2004
    234
    70
    53
    San Marcos, Ca
    Name
    Paul
    Boat
    N/A
    I know that if you give up your spot, you may lose the possibility of getting on that trip in the future as the person who bought the ticket( through the landing/boat) normally has 1st priority to sign up on the tip next year. JMO.
     
    Upvote 0

    Double Eagle

    Newbie
    Nov 22, 2020
    37
    35
    West Hills, CA
    Name
    Arturo R Jacinto
    Boat
    Independence / Intrepid
    Having bought a trip on the Indy from and angler who didn't want to go through airports during Covid, and having to resuffle a trip, here are my thoughts. By selling youself you are better assured that you'll get back most of your money. To cancel a trip 6 days or more must be done 180 before in writting. You can lose your deposit unless the spot is sold. The deposit is held for a 'floater' (aka another trip) for a year, so no $$ go back to your bank. All cancelations are subject to $250 or 10% cancellation fee which ever is greater. Bottom line, there is an incentive for the angler to sell on his own and not quite as much for Judy. That said, Judy and the front office has been very good to me. They don't go strictly by the contract, unless they have to. Part of doing business.
     
    T
    Tsmithson
    I think I read some of the boats have to run full also.
    If someone missed the boat at the last second and it ran light you might not get your credit also.
    Upvote 0
    Steve K
    Steve K
    Thanks, Arturo. Good info, intel.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

    Steve K

    Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
    Jan 2, 2005
    12,235
    9,082
    Bishop
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
    Year old post what’s the point
    It’s informative, that’s the point. The more we know about cancellations, the more informed we are, the better off we will be. Making decisions about who to book with. I had an experience due to a health issue that required me to cancel a 10 day trip in October and another in December. It was on the American Angler and Lori could not have been more gracious and understanding. Nice to have that relationship.

    Just missed the 16 day on the Independence due to that same health issue. It’s not me, it’s a family member who is pretty fragile and needs our help, both my wife and myself. I chose to sell the trip to a friend for $4,000, (price was $5,420) and try to recover the difference from my travel insurance policy. Although it’s encouraging to hear from Double Eagle that they have been willing to bend the rules in the past.

    Just don’t have a warm fuzzy feeling about how that would have gone if I had tried to cancel through the office at such a late date, just 3 weeks before departure. According to their procedures, I would have lost $542 to the cancellation fee. That doesn’t set well.
     
    Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Status
    Not open for further replies.