Almost A Member
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego, CA
Name
JR
Boat
Sold The Kayak
GoFundMe
***********Update I've taken down the GoFundMe link because we're having issues accessing the page. Please hold off on any donations on the GoFundMe link until it's sorted out. You guys can use the PayPal email listed on the 1st page if you'd like to donate or wait until the GoFundMe account is access issue is settled. Again I thank those who has already donated. Any amount is appreciated. Thank you all.**********
******UPDATE*******
12/31/20
The GoFundMe link is live again and can be found on the 1st main page. There's also a PayPal on the 1st page if you prefer to donate that way. Thank you everyone one again!!! Happy New Year!!!

IronMikeAC

Aug 2, 2013
torrance, ca
Name
Mike
Boat
Vagabond
Hello BD,

I'm selling my entire collection. Not because I want to, it's because I have to. I need to raise money because my dog has cancer and needs surgery. If any are familiar with vet bills, it's a few thousand dollars for surgery. Anyways, I love my dog more than my hobby. Please understand no lowballs as I'm doing this for my dog. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions or want more pictures. NO TRADES PLEASE. Thanks BD. Happy Bidding.
Local pickup north county San Diego.

Thanks for those that have already donated. I appreciate it Soo much!!! 🙏🙏🙏

I also want to thank those who has purchased a reel or rod from me. It will help fund the cost of the surgery. Thank you!!!

If you guys would like to donate via PayPal - [email protected]. Those are zeros after the word double. Thank you everyone.

If anyone would like to donate anything there's a link below. Any amount is greatly appreciated. Thanks John (Jvo101) for helping me setup this GoFundMe. Thanks BD'ers!!!

GoFundMe Link

It's back up and updated. I lowered the amount because I've sold quite a few items from this post.

Reels
1. Daiwa Legalis LT1000D - Brand New - $50 - Trout Reel
2. Shimano Trinidad 20A - included Tiburon clamp - Mint Condition - Bought this year, used a handful of times. 200Yds 65LB Maxcuatro - $460
3. Release SG Reel - Used - 290YD 50LB Braid - $120 - Pending
4. Avet SX Raptor 2 speed MC Black - New spool bearings - 200YDS 40LB Braid - - SOLD
5. Avet SX Raptor 2 speed MC Blue - 250YDS 50LB Suffix Braid - $340
6. Avet MXJ 2 Speed MC Blue - 215YDS 50LB Braid - SOLD
7. Avet JX Raptor 2 Speed MC Metallic Gray - 385YDS 65LB Braid - $360
8. Abu Garcia Revo Toro Beast BST61 Left - Mint Condition - Used once to try left handed - 285YDS 50LB Braid - $270
9. Daiwa Lexa HD 400H-P - 290YDS 50LB Braid - SOLD
10. Daiwa BG5000 with rod 701H - Brand new - 250YDS 65LB Braid 40LB top shot- - SOLD

Rods
1. Seeker American Series - 7ft A270 - 12-30LB -reel seat- SOLD
2. Calstar Graphiter 7ft 700ML 20-40LB - reel seat - SOLD
3. Calstar WCDJ 690J 9ft - 20-40LB - Deckhand with cork - SOLD
4. Calstar WC-870C 7ft- 15-40LB - reel seat- SOLD
5. Calstar 900L - 9ft - 15-30LB - Wrapped by M&M Rods - deckhand - $160 - Pending
6. United Composites US100 Mega - 10ft 20-40LB - Mint Condition - Custom wrapped with reel seat - $230
7. Graphite USA 7'9ft 79XF 12-25LB - - reel seat - $170
8. UC Swimbait Finatic 7'11ft RUC 711XH - 25-60LB - with reel seat - $200
9. Cousins CJB 75ML - 7'5ft - 25-40LB - reel seat- $170

View attachment 1237994

View attachment 1237995

View attachment 1237997

View attachment 1238004

View attachment 1238005

View attachment 1238007

View attachment 1238011

View attachment 1238012

View attachment 1238016

View attachment 1238017

View attachment 1238018

View attachment 1238019

View attachment 1238021

View attachment 1238022

View attachment 1238023

View attachment 1238024

View attachment 1238025
Look, Im saying this as an avid fisherman and avid dog owner, raiser and rescuer. I have rescued over 100 dogs and it is not uncommon to have 5 to 6 dogs at my house at a time, with as many as 10 if we recuse a litter. Putting down dogs dogs is the hardest part of ownership for sure and I have put down many, most with cancer in older years. They all are hard.

So with that in mind, I can tell you that cancer treatment in dogs is generally not very successful and at best can add a few weeks to a dogs life. Its hard for sure, but putting alot of money into treatment for canine cancer is a lost cause. I've done it.

So best wishes to you and you dog and I hope things works out.

fishnuke

Almost A Member
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego, CA
Name
JR
Boat
Sold The Kayak
so when is your best friend going for the surgery ? You also must keep us posted about it ...
I will keep everyone posted. Waiting on the donations to hit the bank. Once it does I will schedule the surgery. Hopefully everything posts by the bank by the end of the week and I will get him in then.

fishkilr

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Aug 27, 2012
long beach,ca.u.s.a.
Name
alby
Boat
None
Thanks. I've already been quoted by the vet. It's a few thousand dollars worth.
You guys, check out the sam Simon foundation...they will do 1 free pet surgery per household every 2 years..you have to qualify financially which was easy for me and they are amazing..I was about to sell my car and these guys saved me and my dog.
They don't do it for money so the quality of the amputation was amazing ..
I was quoted $5500 for the surgery and They did it all in one day and
they refused money for anything including meds...
Unfortunately the cancer metastasized and I lost her a couple months later but I didn't lose her and my car...
They are mobile and have lots of locations in so cal...check it out or pass on to a friend..

fishnuke

Almost A Member
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego, CA
Name
JR
Boat
Sold The Kayak
Hey BD,
Just to give an update. It took some time for all the donations to hit the bank. I finally got my dog scheduled for surgery procedure and it was done last Friday. He was in pain for the first 2 days and crying all night long. Plus he also had diarrhea for the first 48 hours due to the pain medicine (codeine) he was given. I had to take him out every 2 hours from Friday to Sunday. I had little to no sleep the entire weekend. The stitches will be removed in 14 days. The results of the type of cancer will come back in 7-10 business days.
He's doing good today now. It seems that he's not in much pain today as he was the first 48 hours. We're going to take it easy for awhile so he can fully recover.

I wanna thank everyone at BD for the love, support, and kind gestures y'all have provided. This is something I could never have imagined in my life. I want to thank all of those who help in some way and shape whether purchasing a rod or reel. I also want to thank John for helping with setting up the GoFundMe page. I'm forever grateful for this community.

I want to thank especially and owe a great gratitude to all of those who graciously donated towards my dog's surgery. I want to thank each and everyone of you specially. I could not have gotten his surgery quicker without all of your guys' help and donations. I'm forever grateful and truly appreciate all of you, from the bottom of my heart.

SPECIAL THANK YOU'S FOR DONATING:

John, Mark, Gerald, George, John (biggest donation), Laura, Daniel, Ali, Angel, Gary, Mauro, Jerry, Leonard, Sheridan, Daniel, Sheldon, Walter, Jeff

WARNING: GRAPHIC PICTURE

PXL_20210108_220904941.jpg

Fish613

Nov 21, 2020
New York
Name
Yochanon Sofer
Boat
None
Can you still use more funds? Don't have much but every penny counts.
I know it's not the same at all, but my goldfish died after 5 years and I felt so bad. My first pets were fish,( pretty ironic at how much I fish) since I was afraid to get a "real" pet in case it would die. When I saw how bad I felt after I lost the fish I swore off owning any more pets even though I love animals. I can't even imagine what you are going through.
Good luck and God bless you and all the other awesomely great guys in this forum!

Reactions: fishnuke

fishnuke

Almost A Member
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego, CA
Name
JR
Boat
Sold The Kayak
Hey BD,
I was reminded by someone to give an update on my dog's status. My dog's stitches was removed on January 22nd. Doctor gave me an update on his tumor. It was grade 1 cancer. The doctor said she took out a lot from the affected area. She's pretty positive that majority of it was taken out and said not to worry about it.

My dog is feeling normal. I even got a chance to take him up to Palomar Mountain recently. It was his first time and he loved it.

An update picture on the surgery area. His hair is growing back nicely. You can barely tell now that there was a surgery except you can feel the bumps from the scar. Other than that he's feeling like his old self.

Thanks again BD. I love you guys soo much. I appreciate all the love & support & donations. Stay safe and tight lines!!!

PXL_20210130_213356130.jpg

PXL_20210211_192735841.jpg

Last edited: