YellowJet

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 7, 2018
Oak Harbor
Name
Tim
Boat
19’ Thunderjet
Fished 3 days and put keepers on the boat every day for a total of 6. Nothing of any size seemed to be our luck and same for folks we talked to. We released 5 fins and lost another 5. 1 angler error, 1 netter error, and 3 fishies winning outright. Get out if you can they are swimming. So much fun.

Shout out to Cains Marine supply a mile out of Clallam. Our throttle cable broke on the first day. They had the part, provided a bit of guidance, and we were able to make the repair to get back out on the water a couple hours later.

The Coho Killer (red racer) and Green glow red stripe flasher out-fished every other bait by a mile. Hands down no question.

F08A6E4C-17C6-4DE7-A78E-F27CD38A4EB1.jpeg

0C5BD699-C941-4859-9064-F43F8A914643.jpeg

03E71603-8478-4985-861E-EEE31027152D.jpeg

05BFA751-06CB-4365-B078-7ED1F2166712.jpeg

Paul Marias

Hunting fishing, lovin every day
Oct 4, 2017
Idaho
Name
Paul
Boat
22 ft Alumaweld intruder
Nice work and nice fish!!! 4 days and we will be there 10 days

YellowJet

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 7, 2018
Oak Harbor
Name
Tim
Boat
19’ Thunderjet
Nice work and nice fish!!! 4 days and we will be there 10 days
Trying to figure out how to get back. Struck out in A7 today. Holding plenty of bait not much of a bite. Counter person had 8 recorded including 1 proper fish. Definitely fishy though.
——
Great looking fish FV! Glad you did well. Fun annual trip.

Reactions: FVSerenity

Draht vom Hoko

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 11, 2012
Bremerton & Hoko, WA
www.vomHoko.com
Name
Joel Davis
Boat
Shamrock 260 Cuddy LE Keel Drive; Cummins 6BT5.9M 210 HP
Nice flat water with nonstop bait popping and still holding in Sekiu. So we didn't see a single net come out.. Moved up to NB and while the bait wasn't popping out of the water like Sekiu, even with the commercials in close, again, no nets moving in the recreational fleet. Scratched out a dinner for two, and could have done without the rain, but it was still better than a day in the office! And of course, my neighbor limited out on his kings by 6:30 this morning!
:appl:
Also be warned, Sekiu is packed to the gills. With NB closed, the concentration of humanity combined with slow, combat fishing, leaves the evidence of patience, kindness and consideration of others in scarcity, both on and off the water.

CQ.jpg

CQ Bait.jpg
CQ Rainbow.jpg

koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
Just got back and there was moorage available last night for a few boats. If you don’t have a 30’ you might be able to slip in somewhere. There was people leaving today but also saw people heading there too on my way home. Worse case senario you pull out at night end (if no moorage available) and stash boat in parking lot/camping area and grab first thing in AM to launch.

Reactions: menhaden_man

menhaden_man

Jul 11, 2020
Washington
Name
Josh
Boat
Hewes Pro V
Just got back and there was moorage available last night for a few boats. If you don’t have a 30’ you might be able to slip in somewhere. There was people leaving today but also saw people heading there too on my way home. Worse case senario you pull out at night end (if no moorage available) and stash boat in parking lot/camping area and grab first thing in AM to launch.
How was fishing? Heard it was crowded over the weekend.

Reactions: Paul Marias

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
I heard a lot of people left today next crowd should roll in Thursday afternoon or Friday. Dock space is available. We are rolling in Thursday am for the weekend. I think with ma 9 opening it won't be as crowded.

Olyfishin

Sep 2, 2018
Olympia
Name
Dave
Boat
20' Trophy
Awesome pics! Brings back memories of when my two girls were that age up there but our ride (a 15' Arima) wasn't that sweet. Looks like you all had a good time.

Olyfishin

Sep 2, 2018
Olympia
Name
Dave
Boat
20' Trophy
I heard a lot of people left today next crowd should roll in Thursday afternoon or Friday. Dock space is available. We are rolling in Thursday am for the weekend. I think with ma 9 opening it won't be as crowded.
Sounds like the fishing has slowed down a lot, too. I was up there but had to cut my trip short after fishing Friday only. It seemed like a TON of boats were rolling in Friday night as we were packing up.

menhaden_man

Jul 11, 2020
Washington
Name
Josh
Boat
Hewes Pro V
Showed up yesterday around noon, no moorage at all three spots... we launched anyhow and found a parking spot. Was able to find a spot to tie up that evening but still pretty crowded. Had a solid day of fishing, picked up rockfish and lingcod, scratched out a couple salmon but burned about 20 gallons of gas doing it.

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
maple valley, wa
Name
laurence
Boat
Vacancy
Looks like you got them into some fun.

hawksfan75

Wear your god damned mask!
Sep 7, 2011
Kent, WA USA
Name
Eric
Boat
Hydra Sports 2200 DC
Finally figured out the rainbow pic is upside down

Nice family time Eric- cherish those days
lol, for some reason my pictures have been uploading crazy. But it was so vivid it almost looked like that in real life though.

ShoreSling_r

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jul 29, 2010
Seattle
Well, that was a cluster fuck…

pounded the green can area with 478831157 people. Only took two home for the weekend but let go about 30 19-20” fish.

Oh, and that rainbow yesterday was epic!

View attachment 1170012

View attachment 1170013

View attachment 1170014

View attachment 1170015

View attachment 1170016
Way to go Eric! Your adorable daughters sure look like they had a fun time out with Dad in his awesome boat. I sure had a fun time out of Westport with you last summer, and we didn't limit out that day either. "The worst day fishing... " 😉🙂😎😷

Reactions: hawksfan75

menhaden_man

Jul 11, 2020
Washington
Name
Josh
Boat
Hewes Pro V
Fished out of CQ again Wednesday, Thursday and a little this morning. Tough sledding on salmon but we picked up a couple keepers today. Herring Aid coho killers seemed to be the ticket. Burned plenty of gas. Bite was at first light and also surprised us at around 4 pm on Tuesday.

Ling cod are thick this year too. 6-8 oz pipe jigs and dart jigs in green or white worked best.

Looks like another crowded weekend coming. Moorage might be slim and they said the boat launch was backed up to the highway last weekend.

Good luck!

Reactions: YellowJet

Olyfishin

Sep 2, 2018
Olympia
Name
Dave
Boat
20' Trophy
Slow weekend at CQ! No keepers for us on Friday. Worked hard for just a couple of mid-teeners for three of us fishing from Neah Bay on Saturday. Heard that Chinook retention is closing on Thursday and Neah Bay will go to a 5 day a week schedule.

Reactions: YellowJet

YellowJet

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 7, 2018
Oak Harbor
Name
Tim
Boat
19’ Thunderjet
Slow weekend at CQ! No keepers for us on Friday. Worked hard for just a couple of mid-teeners for three of us fishing from Neah Bay on Saturday. Heard that Chinook retention is closing on Thursday and Neah Bay will go to a 5 day a week schedule.
0-4 (one wild release) since I’ve gotten home. 2 sounds good.