Saltwater sekiu fishing guide

glacierboat

Sep 5, 2019
anacortes
Name
John Ryan
Boat
Glacier Bay
Hi, I am planning on bring my boat to Sekiu in early August. Hoping to find a guide that would go out on the boat with me to target salmon. Boat is a 2013 Glacier Bay 2770, has good electronics, scotty downrigger.

Upvote 0

YellowJet

Almost A Member
Dec 7, 2018
Oak Harbor
Name
Tim
Boat
19’ Thunderjet
Not a guide but doubt you need one at Sekiu. Headed there July 5th for 4 nights. Fairly straightforward fishing, leave dock, boats will be dragging bait everywhere. Not as location focused as A7. Try heading east on the ebb and fish back towards town.

Good luck!

See you are out of Anacortes. Looking forward to the A7 opener. Was only able to salmon fish twice in March before they closed. Had one nice hook up, stalemate, line peeler, spit, and never saw it. Grrrrrr

Ready to get back in the ballgame and find some redemption. Good on shrimp but out of salmon.

Upvote 0

EJ Swanny

Three Generations of Uff-Dah
Nov 30, 2010
Redondo/WA
Name
Erik
Boat
"Riley-J" 2006 21' Proline Tourney
I'll guide you...the cave..on the deck. Ace-Hi-fli purple haze, green-spatterback hootchie, or herring aide 3.5", with flasher of your choice (green or green). Put your time in and you'll get fish......

Upvote 0

Olyfishin

Sep 2, 2018
Olympia
Name
Dave
Boat
20' Trophy
EJ is right on. One detail to add is that sometimes the bite at the Caves is better in the evenings... so if you go out in the morning and it's dead, don't hesitate to call it mid-morning and rest up to go out right before dark for a couple of hours. That's paid off for me several times over the years. And don't be afraid of leaving the fleet to fish shallower or deeper if you find bait there. Find the bait and stay with it.

Upvote 0

koopa

Arima Adventures
Feb 3, 2018
Puget sound
Name
Koopa
Boat
Arima
If you are new to the area and are just trying to get acquainted, there is some information on Salmon University that has maps and shows areas where to troll/mooch/etc. The link is below. There are also maps on other sites, as well (Salt Patrol). Get out there and make some memories. Since you have a glass boat make sure to bring enough fenders as there docks can do some damage if not properly secured.

Upvote 0