Saltwater SEKIU 4TH OF JULY

Paul N

Jul 25, 2019
Washington
Name
Nelson
Boat
24' Trophy
The fishing at CQ was great last weekend. The two of us fished Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and we brought home 8 keeper kings. We limited on Thursday. Lost a 30+ right at the boat on Saturday. Heart breaker right there. Released 3 over 20 with too many fins, and a lot of long line released toads. Epic weekend!
CQ1.jpg
CQ2.jpg

Upvote 0

Paul Marias

Hunting fishing, lovin every day
Oct 4, 2017
Idaho
Name
Paul
Boat
22 ft Alumaweld intruder
Heading there in 5 days for 10. First time there .. Can't freaking wait!!! Any pointers? Targeting bottom fish first but wouldn't mind throwing some chrome too. Is it still open?

Reactions: Paul N
Upvote 0

Paul N

Jul 25, 2019
Washington
Name
Nelson
Boat
24' Trophy
Heading there in 5 days for 10. First time there .. Can't freaking wait!!! Any pointers? Targeting bottom fish first but wouldn't mind throwing some chrome too. Is it still open?
I was trolling the caves to the preachers house in 70' fow at 60-65 feet on the wire. Pink and silver coho killer behind a green flasher. Also had luck with a cop car coho killer. I think its open till sept 30th. Good luck!

Reactions: Paul Marias
Upvote 0

Paul Marias

Oct 4, 2017
Idaho
Name
Paul
Boat
22 ft Alumaweld intruder
I was trolling the caves to the preachers house in 70' fow at 60-65 feet on the wire. Pink and silver coho killer behind a green flasher. Also had luck with a cop car coho killer. I think its open till sept 30th. Good luck!
Never heard of a Coho killer but I'll investigate. Coho mainly? Any kings?

Upvote 0

tacklejacked

Capt./ Ho if I get to drive
Jun 2, 2009
Seabeck
Name
Greg
Boat
22 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Badass! I'm travelling from Idaho, where would I stop to find coho killers? We don't have them here.

Brandon stock's a bunch at Mason's. Also good idea to stop at Swain's in Port Angeles and spend some money you didn't plan on.
There are some hot color combos working this year but I'm not inclinded to share the go to just yet as they are a hard lure to find as it is. But get a cop car, Cookie's and cream, kitchen sink, purple haze and you should be covered. Also don't overlook spoon's in the 3"-4" range as they have been working to.

Upvote 0

Paul Marias

Oct 4, 2017
Idaho
Name
Paul
Boat
22 ft Alumaweld intruder
Brandon stock's a bunch at Mason's. Also good idea to stop at Swain's in Port Angeles and spend some money you didn't plan on.
There are some hot color combos working this year but I'm not inclinded to share the go to just yet as they are a hard lure to find as it is. But get a cop car, Cookie's and cream, kitchen sink, purple haze and you should be covered. Also don't overlook spoon's in the 3"-4" range as they have been working to.
Thank you! I appreciate it

Upvote 0