So Cal Editor
BD Writer
May 1, 2005
LBC
Name
Erik
Boat
Robalo 226 Cayman
For all of the seiner conspiracy theorists, just wanted to let you know that based on reports the bluefin fishing today was the best it's been in weeks so I guess they didn't have all that big of an impact as you thought. If you guys are getting mad at overly regulated purse seiners you're wasting your time. They're already getting hit harder than us sportfishermen are. We should be focusing our efforts on the enviros who are trying to ban all fishing in this state...

MJB

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Mark
Boat
sold it!!
Well said

Lets work together and do the right thing while beating down the lefties....the F&W state commission is all left and they want us gone!

KID CREOLE

Sep 19, 2003
San Pedro, Ca.
Visit site
Name
Stefan
Boat
Mako 224 CC, FULL RACK
For all of the seiner conspiracy theorists, just wanted to let you know that based on reports the bluefin fishing today was the best it's been in weeks so I guess they didn't have all that big of an impact as you thought. If you guys are getting mad at overly regulated purse seiners you're wasting your time. They're already getting hit harder than us sportfishermen are. We should be focusing our efforts on the enviros who are trying to ban all fishing in this state...
THIS!!!

While you little bitches with little knowledge or the balls to go out an look for your self, the tunas bit good for my buddy today, they hooked 10, landed 8, small fish was a taped out YFT of 88 lbs, their bfts were over 100.

They were on fish for 3 hrs before they saw another boat

Reactions: yellowfish26

mokahehteh

Waterman
Sep 29, 2004
Orange County
Name
Randy
Boat
21' Custom Half Cab
THIS!!!

While you little bitches with little knowledge or the balls to go out an look for your self, the tunas bit good for my buddy today, they hooked 10, landed 8, small fish was a taped out YFT of 88 lbs, their bfts were over 100.

They were on fish for 3 hrs before they saw another boat
Awesome! Where's the pics & report.

Reactions: bajabills
Apr 1, 2015
Redondo Beach
Name
Steamin' Seaman
Boat
Ramrod
Mr seamen, or should I call you steamin ?

why are you on this site then?

You evidently are a seiner looking for private boater info on where the bite is.
Aside from that it seems that your not a private recreational fisherman who loves the beauty of the offshore experience. It's a drudgery for you. And for you to pipe up some unbalanced kill all the fish you can , while you can get away with it mentality is not appreciated by many . Evidently on this thread. And your greedy take it all mentality is evidently not welcome in the public eye, nor the local recreational Fishermans or private boaters eye either. So explain yourself. WHY are you on this website? Is I not to gather information from private boater on their days fishing report so that you can go set your nets until their are no more schools to catch? Answer that question.
It's like going elk hunting , seeing a elk to shoot , then before you can put him in your sights- another man pulls out his m-16 machine gun and kills all 40 elk in the herd. And says they are all his. Then to make matters worse he radios his friend to go machine gun all the rest of the elk on that mountain, and all the surrounding mountains. Leaving an extremely little population left.
Here's the greedy part. Then he sells those elk for cat food. And knowingly deprives local people the opportunity to catch their food. This is what purse seiners do every year.
Just a few weeks ago the seiners on the coast by Carlsbad were said to be bait seiners, then they were found out to be tuna seiners. To the private boat people call the dfg cal tip hotline if you think illegal activity , or questionable activity is being done by purse seiners, use binoculars or a telescope to get their dfg commercial liscence., and report it. Let the law deside who has the right to those fish.
I tell you when they are reported, the appropriate agency will respond. It's job security . And when seiners with a take it all mentality take your private boater reports and take ALL the fish in a location, websites like this will not be free to share reports openly any longer. So the rape of the resource even though legalized for seiners will eventually have ruin it for everyone. Unless you just want to say what a nice boat ride you had. So all purse seiners WILL
RUIN fishing more and more in California for everyone. It's the wave of the future. Unless it's stopped. All for cat food . purse seiners are a disgrace to all.
So Mr seamen you are one of them. Not a private boater , or a recreational fisherman. No wonder you battle those opposed to your ideals.
If you read earlier than you will know I'm a recreational fisherman too you dumbass!!! 99% of my seining is for salmon up north except for the little bait fishing I do here. You sure don't have a problem with us when you buy bait. I never have even Tuna seined before. I'm just sticking up for my commercial fishing friends. I was born and raised here and sportfished my whole life. You guys are talking shit about something you have no clue about. Just like that idiod talking about farmed fish. Like I said, it's a big ocean. We can all share it. This site should be called crybabies.com. I fish on private boats, sport boats, my kayak, and long range. Next time you buy bait, think about where your money is going you donkeys

Reactions: Tijuana7x

mulegemike

Well-Known "Member"
May 7, 2012
Mission Viejo
Name
Mike
Boat
Skipjack 262 "Pescadero"
I have been cursing the seiners this season like many others on here, but at least there are regulations in the U.S. Although I don't like that they are right off our coast where most of us fish, it seems the unregulated seiners in Mexican waters are doing far more damage to our fishing this year and long term tuna stocks.

As someone else stated, they seem better equipped than ever and more of them below the border than ever. Corruption runs deep in Mexico and it wouldn't surprise me if they were being subsidized by a Japanese company with a few high level government officials getting kickbacks.

It "feels" like we should be into more tuna than we are getting and it's frustrating to put so much time, money and effort into something we all love and not be rewarded. It really sucks to know that the seiners are netting tons and tons of tuna when most of us would be happy with a fish or two every couple trips and the ocean feels like a desert so often lately. It's pretty obvious what's going on.

Reactions: bajabills

bajabills

Calm Seas and foamers, its fun time...
Apr 30, 2012
Ca
Name
Bill
Boat
blackman fishmachine
If you read earlier than you will know I'm a recreational fisherman too you dumbass!!! 99% of my seining is for salmon up north except for the little bait fishing I do here. You sure don't have a problem with us when you buy bait. I never have even Tuna seined before. I'm just sticking up for my commercial fishing friends. I was born and raised here and sportfished my whole life. You guys are talking shit about something you have no clue about. Just like that idiod talking about farmed fish. Like I said, it's a big ocean. We can all share it. This site should be called crybabies.com. I fish on private boats, sport boats, my kayak, and long range. Next time you buy bait, think about where your money is going you donkeys
So seiners suck !
Is this thread..... And you stick up ...
So mr seamen ... Ugh ... If I can call you that..or perhaps you prefer Ramrod.....or steamin seamen, what ever. You wish to state how seiners suck...
So go ahead.....ughh another seamen ..
Ok so how do seiners suck ? Thats the topic here.
We've stated our grievances with seiners. Not one of you address the greedy kill it all now for cat food mentality, nor the hord it all in your pen mentality .
Why not? Answer that question. Mr Seamen. Frankly who cares whe you live, what you do is disgraceful.
And not one person is hating the bait seiner. We pay, or make our own. It's the total removal of schools of fish that is hated here, steamin seamen. So stay on topic or answer the questions directly. Or does the ramrod give it to you that way. Seamen you swing both ways you say. Wow no wonder you cant see things straight.

Last edited:

bajabills

Calm Seas and foamers, its fun time...
Apr 30, 2012
Ca
Name
Bill
Boat
blackman fishmachine
the enviros should ban purse seineing BFT and yft tuna in California . Seeing it is not a profitable buisness in California say the seiners...(their words)
And quit decimating the tuna stock for fertilizer, and cat food. By doing so the recreational fisherman
Would have no qualms. The enviros would be happy. And the purse seiners would be happy( their words)

Then the seiners can focus on a real profitable sort of work. One that pay the bills and makes the wife happy.

farhangs

Aug 29, 2005
Aliso Viejo, CA
Name
bent deck-hose
Boat
Fresh One
Doesn't take a genius to recognize the impact seiners cause on the fishing scene. Just because there is a good day for recreational anglers sprinkled in here and there doesn't mean the fish stocks are healthy. Those fish are working their way up through a gauntlet of technologically advanced machinery. There's a huge amount if corruption in Mexico, there are too many boats out there, and the fish are being picked through before they even make it up to us. Fish stocks are down. Anyone who denies that is a fool. Just ask anyone who has been fishing a while.

Some of us know what happened at the Osborne Bank last year. Months of recreational fishing fun, then crickets chirping a few days after the net boats showed up. Defend them all you want, they spoil the party. Period. 'Legal' only means they have enough money and lobbyists to get laws passed, it doesn't make things right.

Just my humble opinion that there is a spot in hell for people who rape and pillage our resources, 'legally' or not. I hope they end up there sooner rather than later so my future kids have a chance to catch a damn fish. At this rate it doesn't look too promising.

Rant over. Don't quote me or respond because you're not going to change my opinion.

Reactions: rodngun762

kevina

Sep 10, 2006
redondo beach
Name
kev
Boat
25' aqua sport
Seining for bait is one thing, You'r trying to stick up for the seining fleet, especially when someone of your so called knowledge of the seiner's, BUT YET TO EVER SEE A SEINER WRAP A TUNA????????? Where in the F#@% Have you been fishing, If any besides up north? Seiners will wrap whatever they can, Including their by catches that get dumped over the side, Inc porpoise. Before you go off on this board, " get your facts together.

Tijuana7x

Sep 30, 2015
Ventura County
Name
Tijuana7x
Boat
?
This is like trying to reason with a woman or Al Gore. What else could be blamed on the seiners?

Black-is-Back

Wishin i was Fishin
Jun 21, 2009
So Cal
Name
Hey you
Boat
245 Fisherman open “Bloody Anarchy”
I find it funny that two months ago guy's on this site were saying that the Mexican seiners were almost at their quota.

What the hell happened to the Mexican seiner quota? Yes I know someone's going to say they're just wrapping YFT now.

Going to have to call bullshit on that one!

Reports of 50 + Seiners just South of the Border for the last two weeks.

Tijuana7x

Sep 30, 2015
Ventura County
Name
Tijuana7x
Boat
?
The other funny thing is that the first post in this thread was about seiners in Mexican waters. Not seiners in U.S. water, which is what all the talk has turned into.

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Every single one of you LOVE and SUPPORT seiners!!!!! That's why you buy their live bait at all the receivers from Ensenada on North. It's not like someone holds a gun to your head and makes you buy from them. In fact most of you wake as early as possible to be first in line. Don't forget the bulk of your frozen bait including squid is from seiners also. Now you want to pick and choose what is ok for them to catch and what is not and where and when. I don't like seeing seiners when I fish but they aren't going anywhere except where the fish are so beat them to it.....or just whine, complain, don't better your fishing skills, and give up. Which is fine, that's just less competition when I go offshore.
The current regs ban the use of cast nets from Pt. Concepcion south. No one knows or remembers the reason why this is the case. I'd bet big money that SAC was behind it. The DFG Commission is looking at the issue and will likely recommend that the DFW look into possibly changing it. Few will use them for fin fish because few have the necessary skill to throw them, but two could easily spread and drop a castnet over squid and gather enough in short order to make buying squid at exhorbitant prices a memory. It will be a small dent in the seiner/bait hauler cartel. Voice your support when this comes around and you can thank me. Peace and MEOW!

Reactions: mokahehteh

mokahehteh

Waterman
Sep 29, 2004
Orange County
Name
Randy
Boat
21' Custom Half Cab
The current regs ban the use of cast nets from Pt. Concepcion south. No one knows or remembers the reason why this is the case. I'd bet big money that SAC was behind it. The DFG Commission is looking at the issue and will likely recommend that the DFW look into possibly changing it. Few will use them for fin fish because few have the necessary skill to throw them, but two could easily spread and drop a castnet over squid and gather enough in short order to make buying squid at exhorbitant prices a memory. It will be a small dent in the seiner/bait hauler cartel. Voice your support when this comes around and you can thank me. Peace and MEOW!
Throw nets are legal in Hawaii. Why not Cali too! Let's go!!!

get some

So Cal Editor
BD Writer
May 1, 2005
LBC
Name
Erik
Boat
Robalo 226 Cayman
When paying an exorbitant price for squid I justify it by considering it a tax for sleeping in my own bed at home instead of having to spend a long and cold night on the water catching squid...

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
Little bitch ? Wow Stefan you got a horse in this fight. Sieners suck plain and simple. The shit show off Baja is a joke. They illegally wrapped the spring run off Coronado and now the shit show is going full steam for the summer run and let's pray there's a fall run or we are done for tuna. This season has been crappy, yes theres a once in a lifetime bft bite, i got mine, there aint alot else. Im glad your buddies got them I'm surprised they fished 5 people from there boat. Sounds like a big boat.

Reactions: Paddyman1

Tijuana7x

Sep 30, 2015
Ventura County
Name
Tijuana7x
Boat
?
It wouldn't make much of dent in live bait sales. Most people wouldn't have the knowledge, patience, or skill to locate squid and other fin bait often enough to make it worth their while or keep their interest. Some sport fishermen could, maybe 1% or less. You can use the nets north of Point Conception and there is still bait receivers on up the coast. Your average day boat private sport fisherman will still use a bait receiver because they only have a limited time to fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.