dockrat88

no fish pulling against me shall prosper
Jul 16, 2008
culver city
Name
tony
Boat
whatever floats
has anybody tried these new rods from seeker? Was thinking about getting the D8 model since they're based off of the old saber and truline blanks.

Sewer

Feb 3, 2007
San Diego
Name
Mike
Boat
just bought the D8, haven't used it yet but it looks and feel awesome. Great value, from what I can tell. The pinhead ULUA looks great too.

Jan 29, 2005
Carson, Ca
Name
Sam
Boat
N/A
These rods should sell really good. They are a few rods built with affordable components, but still use the highest quality blanks.
Stainless perfection style guides, cork tape handle, Turks head, and black on black wraps
Rods will handle anywhere from 20-40lb. Perfect for local to 5 day fishing.

They might throw in a plastics rod with a trigger reel seat of some sort for the summer

Jan 29, 2005
Carson, Ca
Name
Sam
Boat
N/A
Oh yeah, and check the price on these. Seeker has put these out at a price that puts them below what you could buy blank and components for.

-scallywag-

salty
Dec 11, 2008
la jolla
Name
Jerry
Boat
yak
Pulled on these at squidco the other day, the pinhead ulua 93h has a much lighter action than the original and is rated at 25-40, but still felt like it could handle the local bruiser YT no prob.... and with the lighter more parabolic action it would be fun to fish straight spectra on ....the pinhead ulua also felt much lighter than the original when holding them sideby side.

Squidco has them priced at $149.....the used jig stick market just took a :_diarrhea_:.

Jan 29, 2005
Carson, Ca
Name
Sam
Boat
N/A
Yeah, these rods are designed with the local market in mind. I think the D8, LM9 and the Ulua will probably be the best sellers, and the price is just so low!!

Can't even see trying to build one. This series should do well.