la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
El Cazonn on way to Florida
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
When I woke up after trying to kill myself as a teenager and started fishing . I bought two Master black rods maybe a Fedco or somewhere? Fished hard at night around the commercial piers catching hugh Bat Ray's and what not. Then got back on 1/2 day boats and got shamed be my uncool chit. But caught plenty and had good times. Then started upgrading and getting skilled at what we do.

Anyway got the call today that my 2X4 is ready.
So ill have my SS OG Tangerine Rall Rod.
So God willing and I get some new Knees when the BS is over. I'll be down South putting it to good use.

Upvote 0

AWilliams

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
May 18, 2009
Ramona, Ca.
Name
Alin Williams
Boat
none
I did comment and I also said others would be along with all the technical stuff but just a few thoughts

Some of the rods that were made long ago cannot be made again because the glass is no longer available/made and that has to do with the EPA among other things so yes....some of those rods are rare and cannot be replicated.
The original Seekers used a completely different weight of glass in both the E glass and S glass and people that know that also know those will never be made again because it is cost prohibitive and again a lot of that cloth is no longer available.

The new Seeker product being made is a credit to the new owners of Seeker...they are smart enough to know the ORIGINAL blue glass and Green Glass were quality and they make they colored runs of rods that are pretty and have the colors but felt pen written on the blanks just means it's new stuff

Anybody that has ever fished an original Black Glass( Red Wraps) or Black Steel/Black Max/ EX/CEX or even the early versions of the Super Seeker and yes they made 3 or 4 versions of the Long Beach SS and has compared them to the same rods being made today know they are like night and day from a quality and glass standpoint and then you get to the actual numbered versions and not the ones that somebody said that there was only 6 or 9 or 12.....yeah the numbered ones are legit and are also Original SS rods in White Uluas and the Translucent Blue D-8....Don't even get me started on the Pinheads.
The Original Seekers and the fact they are becoming more and more scarce are no different than the want for quality Trulines or Lamiglas or Fenwick, Silaflex, Conolon Roddy etc...... couple the fact that they were made in the USA and I'll take any of those over the crap made in China that has a great warranty any day of the week...it cost them almost nothing to make the Chinese junk and they sell for a premium.....
People will fish what they can afford from Walmart to the most media/social media driven gear on the market( LTHU) and it is nothing more than personal preference from experience....fish what you are happy with but don't blast people because they fish something else they like.....St Croix come to mind....I love those rods and most people just come up blank when they get mentioned

Y'all have a nice day :)

Jim...my comment was not even remotely directed at you. I don't consider you a fanboy but rather the voice of reason and knowledge when things get heated between members. I sincerely hope you didn't take it that way. Alin

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2016
Seal Beach
Name
Rob
Boat
Boston Whaler Justice
The Seeker rods just look better! That is the main reason why I bought them. I couldn't afford to get a custom rod made. The next reason I bought seeker is the guy who got me into fishing said CALSTAR rods will hurt your back... Looking around I only saw young guys fishing CALSTAR.

View attachment 1137057

Jealous of that factory wrap D8!!!
You are correct, Seeker rods do look better... They fish better too!

Although Cal Star has made a few gems!
90JMag & 540 just to name some!

080E8D98-0997-4FF0-8208-C4E5958C6253.jpeg

Upvote 0

BajaSlayer

Dec 24, 2017
San Diego California
Name
Kenji
Boat
Nininin
I did comment and I also said others would be along with all the technical stuff but just a few thoughts

Some of the rods that were made long ago cannot be made again because the glass is no longer available/made and that has to do with the EPA among other things so yes....some of those rods are rare and cannot be replicated.
The original Seekers used a completely different weight of glass in both the E glass and S glass and people that know that also know those will never be made again because it is cost prohibitive and again a lot of that cloth is no longer available.

The new Seeker product being made is a credit to the new owners of Seeker...they are smart enough to know the ORIGINAL blue glass and Green Glass were quality and they make they colored runs of rods that are pretty and have the colors but felt pen written on the blanks just means it's new stuff

Anybody that has ever fished an original Black Glass( Red Wraps) or Black Steel/Black Max/ EX/CEX or even the early versions of the Super Seeker and yes they made 3 or 4 versions of the Long Beach SS and has compared them to the same rods being made today know they are like night and day from a quality and glass standpoint and then you get to the actual numbered versions and not the ones that somebody said that there was only 6 or 9 or 12.....yeah the numbered ones are legit and are also Original SS rods in White Uluas and the Translucent Blue D-8....Don't even get me started on the Pinheads.
The Original Seekers and the fact they are becoming more and more scarce are no different than the want for quality Trulines or Lamiglas or Fenwick, Silaflex, Conolon Roddy etc...... couple the fact that they were made in the USA and I'll take any of those over the crap made in China that has a great warranty any day of the week...it cost them almost nothing to make the Chinese junk and they sell for a premium.....
People will fish what they can afford from Walmart to the most media/social media driven gear on the market( LTHU) and it is nothing more than personal preference from experience....fish what you are happy with but don't blast people because they fish something else they like.....St Croix come to mind....I love those rods and most people just come up blank when they get mentioned

Y'all have a nice day :)
I 100 % agree with you, I really don't follow a brand, I just stick to what I'm comfortable with.

Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
So found the blank I wanted, had the boys at M&M build it and Wow!
Can't wait to put it to the test.
Picked up two 30 reels last year Mak & Avet. One off the shelf 100-130 Stick and now this cream of the crop.
Just happy!

Screenshot_20200508-094054_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200508-094133_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200508-094212_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: marlyn
Upvote 0

la vida

Now I love our Prezzz!!!
Jun 28, 2006
Name
Frank F
Boat
Boat-less (Sad)
So found the blank I wanted, had the boys at M&M build it and Wow!
Can't wait to put it to the test.
Picked up two 30 reels last year Mak & Avet. One off the shelf 100-130 Stick and now this cream of the crop.
Just happy

Upvote 0