Seeker bs806 intel for building

Jared beck

Jan 20, 2018
Redlands, CA
Name
Jerrythefisher
Boat
N/a
Hey guys. So I’m wanting to start my first full build and wanted to see if anyone could give insight on what size guides to use. Also what guides in your experience have been light as well as having good ring material for fishing fluorocarbon line. The blank is a seeker bs 806 8’ 10-20.
Unfortunately I am not close to any suppliers so it’s hard for me to get this info unless I drive over an hour to a rod building supplier or tackle shop. I’d like to use 10 guides plus a tip.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Almost A Member
Jul 30, 2020
Yucca Valley
Name
Shane Reil
Boat
Next year hopefully
I just built one plan was to use a 15 fathom reel. Started with a 20 and went down to a 10 at the tip. I used fuji sci guides. American tackle also makes good guides a bit less expensive I get all my stuff from mud hole most of the time things are back ordered. So plan on a couple week lead time.

Reactions: Jared beck
Upvote 0

Shane R

Almost A Member
Jul 30, 2020
Yucca Valley
Name
Shane Reil
Boat
Next year hopefully
20210617_160144.jpg

Upvote 0

Russo

Almost A Member
Aug 14, 2017
Wildomar
Name
Jon Russo
Boat
If that's what you want to call it
Hey guys. So I’m wanting to start my first full build and wanted to see if anyone could give insight on what size guides to use. Also what guides in your experience have been light as well as having good ring material for fishing fluorocarbon line. The blank is a seeker bs 806 8’ 10-20.
Unfortunately I am not close to any suppliers so it’s hard for me to get this info unless I drive over an hour to a rod building supplier or tackle shop. I’d like to use 10 guides plus a tip.
Generally the rule of thumb for guides is one per foot plus one and a tip. so you should be at 9 + the tip if its an 8' blank.

Guide spacing info here:http://www.acidrod.com/acidrod_layout.html

I would use Fuji guides if at all possible. Alps are okay. I have no experience with American tackle but I would consider the Fuji as the standard by which others are measured.

You are building this as a conventional rod I assume (not a spinning rod)?

I would be using ring sizes- T8,8,8,8,10,10,12,12,16,20

Upvote 0

Jared beck

Jan 20, 2018
Redlands, CA
Name
Jerrythefisher
Boat
N/a
Generally the rule of thumb for guides is one per foot plus one and a tip. so you should be at 9 + the tip if its an 8' blank.

Guide spacing info here:http://www.acidrod.com/acidrod_layout.html

I would use Fuji guides if at all possible. Alps are okay. I have no experience with American tackle but I would consider the Fuji as the standard by which others are measured.

You are building this as a conventional rod I assume (not a spinning rod)?

I would be using ring sizes- T8,8,8,8,10,10,12,12,16,20
Thank you sir I’ll keep this in mind! And yes I’m going to be using it as a 12-15 conventional setup.

Upvote 0