Yaddah X3
Apr 27, 2003
US/Mexico
Name
Choate
Boat
Highliner
Scopace pills = Miracle cure

Don't mess with the patches. They work for some, but you can't control the dosage.

We've been round and round with this for my wife.

Last summer we were in 10' Alaskan seas and I got green and she was reading a book.

The shit really works. You can also take it after you feel sick.

That is simply your opinion, not my experience, nor anyone in my family's experience. Scopace pills do not work at all for us.
A Bonine and a ginger chew work miracles for me, even if already sick.

tunalover69*

tunalover69*
May 24, 2007
gold beach oregon
home.myspace.com
Name
dave
Boat
21 triumph cc
scopace works wonders l get sick every time im out but with scopace can fish all day and not feel a thing. gave some to a 10 yr old boy at sci he has sick all night and day before. one scopace recorvered and fished the rest of the day.

Bigfish69

Dirty Fisherman
Jun 19, 2006
Lakeside Ranch
Name
JOHN
Boat
Wellcraft V-20, 200 hp etec, 85' Holiday sportfisher
Scopace pills = Miracle cure

Don't mess with the patches. They work for some, but you can't control the dosage.

We've been round and round with this for my wife.

Last summer we were in 10' Alaskan seas and I got green and she was reading a book.

The shit really works. You can also take it after you feel sick.

Tuna hearts are the best sir, but they have to be fresh and still pumping to work. LOL

69R

Funny story about the wife reading a book while you where thinking about everything esle. I feel your pain.

bad caster

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 28, 2006
La Canada Ca
Name
mike mc farlane
Boat
Independence
I turned green and shot everything i had overboard every Albacore trip. Thank god we got on fish and once you start pulling on fish it helps a lot.
Before my first long range trip I got the patchs , I figured 5 days of throwing up till we got a jig strike might get old.
Now I wear the patch and don't even think about it. Calm days to vitory at sea nothing bothers me. It's a miracle for me , I was getting to the point where I was thinking twice about going out.

baldfish

Oct 13, 2007
Tualatin, Or
Name
Todd
Boat
none
Ginger Trips, chews (gum). Have always helped me keep from barfing. Whenever I start feeling it (after being in the gallet too long) I go outside and chew one.
My son was seasick last week when we were fishing off Mazatlan. He had taken a Dramamine a couple hours before our trip. After He took it, napped for an hour and never got sick again.

franco802

Jun 27, 2009
San Diego
Name
Franco
Boat
21' Seapro CC
Yeah, lot's of people still mention the dramamine and Bonine. But those two still make me very very drowsey and it takes me two days to recover from them. I feel very tired and lazy for two days after taking a Bonine or Dramamine. The Dramamine is worse for me. Also, they didn't do squat as far as keeping me from getting seasick.

I'm going to the doctor day after tomorrow, I will ask him about the Scopace for sure. Mabe he will even recommend something different, who knows.

If i do get prescribed something, i am heading to the Coronado Islands first thing:) !!!

backlashjack

Scallywag
May 14, 2007
Alta Loma, CA
Name
Jackson
Boat
Sold the boat, now I just rent a stateroom on the EXCEL
I drink as much beer as I can and never get sick. This is a proven method. If you do vomit, just snort some beer to clear the vomit from your nasal passages, then drink another Budweiser.... Coors doesn't work. This is no bullshit, drink copious amounts of Budweiser and you'll be fine. Being the last one to go to bed and the first one up helps too.

franco802

Jun 27, 2009
San Diego
Name
Franco
Boat
21' Seapro CC
I drink as much beer as I can and never get sick. This is a proven method. If you do vomit, just snort some beer to clear the vomit from your nasal passages, then drink another Budweiser.... Coors doesn't work. This is no bullshit, drink copious amounts of Budweiser and you'll be fine. Being the last one to go to bed and the first one up helps too.
Highly doubt this will do anything except fug me up tremendously. I haven't had a beer in 15 years. I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol and don't drink coffee. If i had one beer I would probably be wasted.

killer

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 6, 2006
San Diego
Name
Aaron
Boat
21' parker sport cabin "paddy time"
Scopace pills are the best!!!! Works great for my wife
I don't get sick but we keep them on the boat for when ever some comes to town and hndle the big BLUE. Call you doctor they'll take care of you.

Bigfish69

Dirty Fisherman
Jun 19, 2006
Lakeside Ranch
Name
JOHN
Boat

Does it have to be budwieser snorted or can it be somthing stronger like tequilla?

69R

Bigfish69

Dirty Fisherman
Jun 19, 2006
Lakeside Ranch
Name
JOHN
Boat
Boat load of strippers also are a good way to keep your mind focused on better things.

69R

fishbuster27

Apr 30, 2007
Trabuco Canyon
Name
Bonifay
Boat
25' Wellcraft Ocean Sport
Not trying to sound sarcastic....BUT, get a water bed and start sleeping on it. It TOTALLY worked for my chick as she used to get sick ALL the time. I think it's psychosomatic. I know it could be costly...But, not as much as the $$$ you'd lose if you were forced to sell your boat. Trust me...it works b/c your brain recalibrates itself.

kimorb

Sep 10, 2005
Golden Hill
Name
Richard Baldwin
Boat
I wish
Scopolamine and dexedrine, forgotten the dose, but that is what they give you for motion sickness on the NASA zero g flights. They don't call it the vomit comet for nothing. That stuff works.

RON.JACOBSON

Mar 24, 2008
ROSAMOND, CA. USA
Name
JAKE
Boat
22'.5", BAJA BAY RUNNER, (SOUR PUSS)
Scopolamine and dexedrine, forgotten the dose, but that is what they give you for motion sickness on the NASA zero g flights. They don't call it the vomit comet for nothing. That stuff works.
THE SCIENTIST IS RIGHT SCOPOLAMINE AND DEXEDRINE ARE THE CURE FOR WUSSERS DISEASEbarfbarfbarfbarfbarfbarfbarfbarf

Bigfish69

Dirty Fisherman
Jun 19, 2006
Lakeside Ranch
Name
JOHN
Boat
Naaaaa, your all wrong! Im tellin ya boat load of strippers is the key to happiness.

69R

Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
18' Crestliner Superhawk, 14' Tracker "Fish Git' RRR"
I didn't read through the whole thread, but Transdermscop (scop patches) are OTC in Canada. $20-30 and you can have the patches at your door step in a week.

canadianpharmacy.com

I haven't seen Scopace there though.

franco802

Jun 27, 2009
San Diego
Name
Franco
Boat
21' Seapro CC
Well I went to my doctor this past Fiday and after my check up I mentioned my seasickness. First thing that came out of his mouth was "Transdermscop (scop patches)". So he gave me a prescription for four patches and damn they are expensive. Even with my medical coverage they were $31.25 for a box of only 4!! Says each patch is good for 3 days. They are 1.5 mg per patch, but on the box it says 1.0 mg, kinda wierd. The pharmacist told me to put the patch on 2-3 hours before my fishing trip, doc told me to put it on as I'm leaving the harbor. Anyway, I will try these out this coming weekend.

Bigfish69

Dirty Fisherman
Jun 19, 2006
Lakeside Ranch
Name
JOHN
Boat
Thats why i doo it the old fashioned way. Its cheaper and once you learn how to deal with it your not reliant on the drugs. Not that drugs are bad or anything!

Give it a go a few times and try some of the old school methods, once you learn how to cope with the issue you will be cured, i promise its that easy.:Pelvic_Thrust:

69R

Well I went to my doctor this past Fiday and after my check up I mentioned my seasickness. First thing that came out of his mouth was "Transdermscop (scop patches)". So he gave me a prescription for four patches and damn they are expensive. Even with my medical coverage they were $31.25 for a box of only 4!! Says each patch is good for 3 days. They are 1.5 mg per patch, but on the box it says 1.0 mg, kinda wierd. The pharmacist told me to put the patch on 2-3 hours before my fishing trip, doc told me to put it on as I'm leaving the harbor. Anyway, I will try these out this coming weekend.

Maverick1

Nov 13, 2008
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Kent
Boat
42' Hatt
I've boated for 23 years, and still get motion sick. Tried the Scopalomine patch behind the ear two years ago, and haven't been sick since. Don't know if its a physical thing, psychological thing... don't care. Just don't want to be sick. Try the patches...

franco802

Jun 27, 2009
San Diego
Name
Franco
Boat
21' Seapro CC
I've boated for 23 years, and still get motion sick. Tried the Scopalomine patch behind the ear two years ago, and haven't been sick since. Don't know if its a physical thing, psychological thing... don't care. Just don't want to be sick. Try the patches...
Yep, my buddy also tried the patch and said it was like a miracle had happen for him lol. He told me when the 3/4 day boat arrived at the fishing spot, the guys who were making fun of his "pussy patch" were puking thier guts out and bringing in alot of good fish:) My buddy was fishing his tail off all day and had a blast.

Baitbreath

May 17, 2008
Long Beach, Ca. USA
Name
John
Boat
19' Larson
Hello all,
been lurking on this forum for quite a few years now and finally decided to join, lot's of great info here. Anyway...onto my problem.

Seasickness......I always get it once I get out in the ocean and stop the boat:( I purchased a brand new 2008 Seapro 206 CC with a Merc Verado 150 OB last year. Boat is awesome, but I suck. I been staying in the bay fishing no farther than the jetty off Mission Bay because of my sickness.

I took my boat out to the La Jolla kelps last year and about 15 minutes after stopping the boat, the sickness kicked in. Turned the boat on and headed in back to the bay. My buddy was kinda pissed because we were all excited to try for some yellows, but I had to go back in.

I tried Dramamine and Bonine, but I get waaay to drowsy to the point I can't drive. I don't smoke and don't drink coffee, I am in pretty good condition as far as health goes.

The thing is, when going out to a spot in the ocean, there can be 30 ft seas with the boat traveling through the ocean and I don't get sick. Boat can be flying 10 feet in the air jumping waves etc...and I don't get sick. But once the boat stops and I feel the sloooow uuuup and dowwwn I get sick. I haven't tried ginger gum, which is what my uncle recommended(he is a tuna fisherman in Sicily).

So what do you guys think?
I found relief with Scopace. It's a scopolomine based prescription med so see your Dr. I found it can be taken even after sickness sets in! No good for food poisoning though, but that's another story. Baitbreath (John)

Iron thrower

Apr 20, 2006
palm desert ca
Name
Ray
Boat
none
Best cure, is Chicken Feet, an Pigs feet. Eat one of each and put one of each behind each ear.......Promise you that you won't get "SEA SICK"

LOL

Ray

fly liner

Apr 10, 2009
hemet ca USA
Name
Josh
Boat
21' crystaliner /15' prowler
all i can relly suggest is when your on the water try to look off in the distance at a building (if possible) or a cloud or somthing other than the water. have you tried the behind the ear patch i have heard good about them?

lasparky11

Mar 7, 2008
Ontario, CA USA
Name
Gene
Boat
X-wife she's so fat she floats
Went out fishing today out of the channel islands. Took a scopace pill before I went to sleep. Woke up with no hangover, had a great day. The problem with the patch (at least for me ) is that you get to much in the beginning, plus if your only going out for the day the pills are much better. Besides with the pills you can find the dose that's right for you. For me I break them in half during the day. You might not need as much as you think. I get seasick the minute I am on the water. On a 4 day I can taper down the dose so by the morning of the 3rd day I don't need them.

SoCal Sharks

Apr 7, 2009
SD/Alpine/El Cajon
Name
Cole and Uncle Bob
Boat
" GRIZZLY ONE"
JUST TROLL LOL