Dexter Outdoors

tmcustoms

Dec 30, 2012
Sacramento Ca
Name
Taylor Posey
Boat
Baby Lobster
Headed out on the searcher for my first trip on the ocean and had a blast. We fished all 5 days first four off shore for tuna and the final day at san martin island for yellowtail and halibut. I landed a lot of fish 90% being on bait mainly flylined sardines and then a few fish on the dropper loop when the tangles became too much to bear. I kept around 30 fish and gave some to the galley and some to the crew a few more to others who weren't catching a ton of fish. It was a great trip none of the fish were huge but they sure pulled hard. I had a great time and will be back again, the crew and Captain Aaron were all very cool and friendly.

tmcustoms

Dec 30, 2012
Sacramento Ca
Name
Taylor Posey
Boat
Baby Lobster
Yea we were fishing San Martin and the current switched up, every single drift of fly lined baits resulted in a nasty tangle. Having caught a few nice yellows already I tied up a dropper loop and decided to go for whatever was biting got a few assorted rockfish and some lings aswell as the sheeps head which were all cool for me since I had never caught any of them before.

NaplesJohn

Never Forget 343
Jun 9, 2010
Port Aransas, TX, USA
Name
John
Boat
Wilderness Systems T-160...and just sold the boat!!!
Funny as I was logging in to BD, I was thinking about the lack of reports despite good boat reports. Thanks for the report and restoring my faith in BD's ability to inspire and allow those of us relegated to internet fishing and living vicariously through those enjoying trips. Counting the days until my 28 Sept 10 day on the Excel!

tmcustoms

Dec 30, 2012
Sacramento Ca
Name
Taylor Posey
Boat
Baby Lobster
I know the feeling John, I was counting down days till my trip. And now I will be counting quite a few more since I doubt I will make it back out till next year.....

Rimack

Old School
Jun 24, 2011
Elk Grove
Name
gary
Boat
Nope
:appl:Good job Sac Town!!!!

surfgoose

active geezer
  • Jul 29, 2010
    Long Beach, CA, USA
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    whichever has the longest bunk
    This was your "first trip on the ocean" ? ? ? Man, you have a whole bunch of natural talent for the game! I loved the picture of you using the rail. Nice report, and congratulations.

CMY SIX

ASSHOLE #2
    Feb 5, 2011
    Opelika Al USA
    Name
    quinn
    Boat
    exel last, next?
    This was your "first trip on the ocean" ? ? ? Man, you have a whole bunch of natural talent for the game! I loved the picture of you using the rail. Nice report, and congratulations.

???? monkey see monkey do, takes all of about 2 mins on a strong fish to figure out you can't hold the rod up, with one hand.

tmcustoms

Dec 30, 2012
    Sacramento Ca
    Name
    Taylor Posey
    Boat
    Baby Lobster

Everyone seems alittle shocked that me and my buddy decided to take our first trip on the ocean for 5 days but everything worked out good no one puked and everyone on the boat caught a lot of fish. The picture with the fish on the rail was my hot set up 30lb jigging blank with a daiwa pluton, not really tuna gear but was the ticket for casting the small sardies to boils.

I had a blast and have spent enough on gear for fishing the salt that I will be getting out on a 5 day at least once a year from now on, hopefully more if my finances are in order.