pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    A day of boating as I just wanted to hang in front of the Harbor entrance . Fishing was pretty dead in the area. Water was 68 degrees in and clean green for the most part.
    Mostly just drifted about for an easy day. 1 mackerel made and dropped down to drag along. Poor guy drowned. 1 small sandie on a KMAN. Alex cut up the dead mackerel and dropped that down. Few minutes later , drag is pulling faster that our drift. He cranks and swings around in the front of the boat and asks "Am I snagged?". "Snags don't pull drag and spin the boat", I respond. After a few minutes , it come to the surface flaps and swims on top.
    Batray.
    Fun stuff. Wind felt like it was coming , so off the water early and easy.
    Good to get out as it has been awhile since I floated the boat.

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Sounds like a nice day on the water.

I am land-locked right now due to arthritis in my feet. Catalina will just have to wait.

Reactions: pacificscout
    Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    A day of boating as I just wanted to hang in front of the Harbor entrance . Fishing was pretty dead in the area. Water was 68 degrees in and clean green for the most part.
    Mostly just drifted about for an easy day. 1 mackerel made and dropped down to drag along. Poor guy drowned. 1 small sandie on a KMAN. Alex cut up the dead mackerel and dropped that down. Few minutes later , drag is pulling faster that our drift. He cranks and swings around in the front of the boat and asks "Am I snagged?". "Snags don't pull drag and spin the boat", I respond. After a few minutes , it come to the surface flaps and swims on top.
    Batray.
    Fun stuff. Wind felt like it was coming , so off the water early and easy.
    Good to get out as it has been awhile since I floated the boat.
    Endorphine releases, even on a ray, without a visual under the water, all dreams are fullfilled, until we see it!

Reactions: pacificscout
    Upvote 0