Rodless_Jim

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 3, 2008
Mexico, DF, Mexico
Name
Jim
Boat
Strictly a Rider
I do the seaguar knot' for mono to flour' RP knot 'spectra to flour.

Seaguar and surgeon's seem equivalently effective. I use the surgeon's because to my eye it's a cleaner-looking knot, but that's just aesthetics.

In my experience, I've seen the RP knot fail a few times. Never saw a Pena fail. But I imagine if you tie the RP correctly, it's probably also equally effective. I just have much more confidence in the Pena.

Upvote 0

yessokk

Luck favors the well prepared.
Sep 18, 2006
Costa Mesa, Cailf
Name
Walt
Boat
11 ft Sears W/Duel 5.2hp
This may be an old thread but new fluorocarbon products are being developed continually.
One thing you all should be aware of regarding the Seguar Premier and the Standard Seguar fluoro.
The Seguar Primer is an...."IGFA" line meaning that it breaks at the labeled lb. test. There is no over test in
the Premier. Just look at the label it's there in very small print. So to compare the Standard Seguar Fluoro
and the Premier you should use one test rating higher then what's on the Primer Label. You can also compare
the line diameters for a specific lb. test. The Premier will be one line diameter thinner then the same lb rating
for the Standard Seguar Fluoro. That is why the Premier feels smoother and seems to knot better.

Walt

Upvote 0

J2DaF

Feb 20, 2014
Name
J Y
Boat
None
This may be an old thread but new fluorocarbon products are being developed continually.
One thing you all should be aware of regarding the Seguar Premier and the Standard Seguar fluoro.
The Seguar Primer is an...."IGFA" line meaning that it breaks at the labeled lb. test. There is no over test in
the Premier. Just look at the label it's there in very small print. So to compare the Standard Seguar Fluoro
and the Premier you should use one test rating higher then what's on the Primer Label. You can also compare
the line diameters for a specific lb. test. The Premier will be one line diameter thinner then the same lb rating
for the Standard Seguar Fluoro. That is why the Premier feels smoother and seems to knot better.

Walt

Not sure if you were referencing to what I wrote earlier, but I actually meant that Premier felt much tougher than the Japanese 130 Meter Seaguar.

I was getting feedback on the Japanese Seaguar that it felt too thin (not sure if that 130M = the standard seaguar). And it was also that 130 meter version of Seaguar that they said was inferior to the Premier...

But either way, that was like half the price in TW than of any seaguar I can get here... maybe you get what you paid for?

seaguar.jpg

Upvote 0