Seaforth 3/4 day trip.

Sep 1, 2011
North Bend/WA/USA
Name
Jackson
Boat
ZX 20 Skeeter Bass Boat
I will be in San Diego April 2-7. I want to do a 3/4 or full day trip with Seaforth Sportfishing. What can I expect to catch on a trip like this. Do these boats go fish in MX waters?
Thanks and Tight Lines
Jackson (Marlinhunter1) < YouTube name

Upvote 0

poncherello

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jan 11, 2005
san Diego
Name
Jerry
Boat
none
Yup, expect fishing for rockfish around the Coronado Islands in Mexico. But that doesn't mean Ryan isn't looking for YT. If he's cruising at 8 kts. the sonar dome is down and he is side scanning for those YT.

Since you are out of Washington, the boat usually has all the necessary terminal gear. You can rent rods from the landing. Maybe contact the boat via their website and ask if they have loaner rods and reels available. If you want to buy your own tackle and if you have the time and transportation, head to Squidco or Angler's Choice for gear. The landings also have plenty of stuff, but usually at a higher price.

Listen to the deckhands and have a great time. The San Diego is #1 in my books for 3/4 day fishing.

Let us know how your trip goes.

Best of Luck!

Upvote 0

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat
won't b mine
Ooooo, one very important thing I would suggest: bring your passport! If there's ANY chance the boat will head south, you will not be able to board unless you have your passport- b.s. stuff they'll explain when you board- along with mex license/permit that you will be able to get at the docks. But bring your passport!

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Ooooo, one very important thing I would suggest: bring your passport! If there's ANY chance the boat will head south, you will not be able to board unless you have your passport- b.s. stuff they'll explain when you board- along with mex license/permit that you will be able to get at the docks. But bring your passport!

That's bs you don't need a passport to fish 3/4 day.

Upvote 0