Boat
25ft
Thank you to the New Seaforth crew!

Targeted species: Anything with gills
Water conditions: Wet
Weather: Typical San Diego
Crew: Stellar
Conclusion: Best trip I've had in a long time

Headed out of Seaforth for an am 1/2 day boat with my son and father. Left the dock at 6:00 am and I start tying lines for the kid and myself. As I turn around I see my son glued to the rail looking really nervous. I ask him if he's okay and he replies yes, then I remember, he's never been on a boat this big and has no sea legs hahaha.
After about a 10 minute ride straight out of the bay we were fishing! First drop he picks up a good calico and I'm thrilled thinking this is going to be a good day. My father and myself played hook and hand with the kid for a solid hour of fish after fish until he asked for a break because his arm was sore. Awesome!
After a couple hours of non stop bass action we jumped to the kelp beds. First cast and I get sawed off. I smiled at my dad and said watch this! Tied on a leader and let the kid pull on cuda for the rest of the day.
Couldn't be happier with the outcome of the kids first charter. It is one I will remember forever and I hope he does too.

20210702_063122.jpg

IMG_20210702_114634.jpg

IMG_20210702_114624.jpg

H
Hooknfish
Good job dad that kid will rember that day for the rest of his life.
Upvote 0

Tunahead

Long Time Tuna Abused Member
  • Aug 11, 2006
    Costa Mesa
    Name
    Ron
    Boat
    several
    AWESOME POST, pics, info. The kid got right to work
    Your son looks STOKED on FISHING! How old?
    My dad had me on Matt Walsh doing same at 4. LOL........... TIME spent with Son and Dad=PRICELESS

Reactions: Tom123 and Timg86
    Upvote 0

SD2600

Opinions aren’t constitutional- they are earned
    Apr 13, 2017
    San diego
    Name
    Dustin
    Boat
    26' sea swirl
    F n a! Please frame those pics! Solid work dad. I hope u got a pic of the three of u…..

Reactions: Timg86
    Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
    Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    :appl:

Upvote 0

Timg86

Jul 2, 2020
    Vista
    Name
    Timothy Gatto
    Boat
    25ft
    AWESOME POST, pics, info. The kid got right to work
    Your son looks STOKED on FISHING! How old?
    My dad had me on Matt Walsh doing same at 4. LOL........... TIME spent with Son and Dad=PRICELESS
    He's 7. I've had him out on smaller boats but this was his first charter

Reactions: Tunahead
    Upvote 0

dsl

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 20, 2017
    California
    Name
    Larry S
    Boat
    Landlover
    Thank you to the New Seaforth crew!

Targeted species: Anything with gills
    Water conditions: Wet
    Weather: Typical San Diego
    Crew: Stellar
    Conclusion: Best trip I've had in a long time

Headed out of Seaforth for an am 1/2 day boat with my son and father. Left the dock at 6:00 am and I start tying lines for the kid and myself. As I turn around I see my son glued to the rail looking really nervous. I ask him if he's okay and he replies yes, then I remember, he's never been on a boat this big and has no sea legs hahaha.
    After about a 10 minute ride straight out of the bay we were fishing! First drop he picks up a good calico and I'm thrilled thinking this is going to be a good day. My father and myself played hook and hand with the kid for a solid hour of fish after fish until he asked for a break because his arm was sore. Awesome!
    After a couple hours of non stop bass action we jumped to the kelp beds. First cast and I get sawed off. I smiled at my dad and said watch this! Tied on a leader and let the kid pull on cuda for the rest of the day.
    Couldn't be happier with the outcome of the kids first charter. It is one I will remember forever and I hope he does too.

View attachment 1295289

View attachment 1295290

View attachment 1295291
    Number 1 Dad getting his son out fishing! :urno1:

Upvote 0

Mike in Murrieta

Looking for a female boat owner into fat men
  • Apr 16, 2018
    Murrieta
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    Nope
    Great job taking the boy out. Looks like a stellar trip. Keep creating those memories. I started taking my son out on 1/2 day when he was about 5. His first overnight he was eight, a light load on the Top Gun. He caught some Tuna, and it was an incredible experience. Now he is 21, out fishes me most days, and he ties my knots for me once in a while.

Reactions: Tom123
    Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
  • Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Nothing but good things to say about this. Way to go Dad!!

Reactions: gecsr1
    Upvote 0