Sea Trek - Helgren's Oceanside - Report & Review

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by jakejake527, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeffdalton

jeffdalton "Well Known" Member

Name:
    Jeff Dalton
    Boat:
    21' Parker/Stealth Stix
    I am scratching my head right now...truly amazing replies from all parties. I am so glad I own my boat.

KID CREOLE, ckster, Blackfish and 3 others like this.
  2. jakejake527

jakejake527 Member

Name:
    Jake
    Boat:
    boat docked at 4. I was by the docks eating till 5pm watching the same guys drinking clean the boat once everyone left.

Only 1 deckhand for 40 fishermen? I'm sure you had more than that.

It's nice to know you're doing your best but you gotta talk to your deckhands and the ones that act like deckhands. Me and my buddies were talking about how nice it would be to have a job where we can smoke and drinking all day without a shirt while splashing water at each other. lol

thanks for the replies anyways captain. bonus points listening.

3. NickyBaby

NickyBaby Jig > Bait

Name:
    Nick
    Boat:
    Shorebound
    Ain't called party boats for no reason!! :cheers:

4. RooftopFishin

RooftopFishin Member

Name:
    Colin
    Boat:
    No longer a boat owner =(
    I mostly feel bad for all of the poor little helpless rat yellows. :(

5. Paddyman1

Paddyman1 I love pangas

Name:
    Steve
    Boat:
    N/A
    Jimmeny xmas! I could have been reading this thread instead of watching Sunday Night Football?

6. jakejake527

jakejake527 Member

Name:
    Jake
    Boat:
    when I first got on the boat and before leaving dock the bathroom already smelled like a free public restroom in the Philippines

skipjackrobert and irukandji like this.
  7. Fat Guy

Fat Guy Member

Name:
    KG
    Boat:
    none
    We had our Sea Trek experience Friday. Myself and 1 other boat were fishing a pretty nice patty south of the 267, 1 of us on each side, him close and me giving him some space. Sea Trek came in pretty hot underneath the patty, got about 20 feet away and had his passenger throw at it. No chum, no respect for the boats that were doing OK on it. None of the passengers appeared to hook up. We had drifted away from the patty a bit when Sea Trek decided to bail and drove 5 feet away from the patty as they motored away. Patty shut down completely. We marked it and came back 2 hours later and pulled fish off of it again. Not a good Sea Trek run-in.

ckster and jakejake527 like this.
  8. Chubby Tuna

Chubby Tuna Fishing hurts my ballsac!

Name:
    Joe
    Boat:
    25ft Aquapro Sailfish
    Thanks for the report... I was looking at the Sea Trek as an option to get me and my son (8) out and hopefully on his first YFT. Posters report made me suspicious but the captains response sealed the deal. No Sea Trek for us and now have bad vibes for the landing as well. Remember that after this epic year is over, the good boats/crews/captains will be remembered and will thrive when fishing takes a downturn again.

Evan Feely likes this.
  9. jakejake527

jakejake527 Member

Name:
    Jake
    Boat:
    " Ethnics wipe their ass and put it in the trash instead of the toilet "

now that shit's funny. a positive reflection of the captain indeed

ckster likes this.
  10. spize909

spize909 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    jeff
    Boat:
    no
    but the sign on the wall says "nothing in the toilet but toilet paper". Once it has shit on it, it has to go in the can.

Jasen Harviston likes this.
  11. Seagina

Seagina Super stoked to fish.

Name:
    John Martin
    Boat:
    24 Skipjack Open: Outee Five
    From years of experience it goes like this: H&M, PL Sportsfishing, blah blah,.... Oside.
    Why? Here's why: It's like your favorite restaurant, not just always the food.
    1. The vibe of the landing, from the initial phone call. It starts from the minute one calls the landing. Fishing is exciting, keep it that way. Fake it. Ever call Point Loma and have a bad call? Hell no, they make you feel good and appreciate your call! If your busy, ask if you can call them back and stick to it! Talk it up!
    2. The Experience & Professionalism of staff; starts with captain. Talk. Explain and don't assume everyone knows how to fish..have a 'feedback wanted' form after they leave, Listen to what people are saying.. word travels fast around here, specially with Social Media. You are in the hospitality arena.. all pirates should stay on bait boats lol
    Was stoked for Oside when I heard a great captain was around... that news spreaded like wildfire up here...
    I can't wait to send the out of towners when they ask for advice to local charters rather then sending them south.

I'd like to do a psych experiment. Send the crew and boat out of Seaforth from the 'San Diego' or anyboat for that matter from south. I give them 2 weeks, and they'll be sold out through November. the buzz would be fun to watch, the demand is here.

lol, combat fishing... might sum it up, maybe its just the people in North County? No way, it's 1 & 2

Blackfish likes this.
  12. stuman

stuman Brawndo the thirst mutilator

Name:
    stu
    Boat:
    skiff

I
    'd throw up too, if you didn't clean the bathroom. When you see an ethnic perhaps it would be prudent to have a counseling session on proper ass wiping procedures. :frehya2:

mandoman68 likes this.
  13. gefiltefish

gefiltefish Newbie

Name:
    Mike
    Boat:
    Parker 2120
    I never fish out of Helgrens because of their reputation anyways, but this racist, ignorant asshole of a captains response pretty much sealed that door shut.

We were invaded by Sea Trek yesterday and watched them murder micron sized yellowtail for a little while.......and when I say micron, I mean it. My definition of rat yellowtail has changed forever seeing the size of what has come into our local offshore scene. These fish are literally no more than 2lbs. Responsible captains and fisherman should be heavily encouraging the release of anything that has a chance of surviving...........Or they should be taking as many as possible to pad the fish counts because we certainly don't give a shit if the fishery exists for our children's children.

Evan Feely and mandoman68 like this.
  14. mandoman68

mandoman68 Big Loco

Name:
    Mandoman
    Boat:
    Kathleen
    I want a cigarette!

TurboDreams13 likes this.
  15. mandoman68

mandoman68 Big Loco

Name:
    Mandoman
    Boat:
    Kathleen
    Did you really just say that? Your a racist piece of shit. Your grand parents were once Ethinics you ignorant fuck. Cross Oceanside off my list. See you at the Fred Hall Show asshole. WE can talk in person then. A

CCR, ckster and HUMMER DUDE like this.
  16. gclance

gclance Member

Name:
    Garrett
    Boat:
    21 1/2ft., Robalo
    Deckhands in general are some of the most rummy people on earth :720icon:. I'm sure the guys were drinking beer and smoking all day. I would be surprised if they weren't. I'm glad I got to see the captains post... typical. Just very unprofessional to respond like that. I will be thinking twice before booking on this boat.

mandoman68 likes this.
  17. bassjedi

bassjedi Member

Name:
    Dan
    Boat:
    None
    The captain's response with the ethnic comment is the worst thing I have ever seen posted on BD. Depressing.

ckster and mandoman68 like this.
  18. BLOCK

BLOCK Member

Name:
    BLOCK
    Boat:
    18' Ranger
    If this thread makes it so no1 from BD ever fishes with me I guess I owe the thread starter a Big THANK YOU!!! :)

Ducksgo likes this.
  19. mandoman68

mandoman68 Big Loco

Name:
    Mandoman
    Boat:
    Kathleen
    NO! THANK YOU for revealing what a great captain you are! Dick Helgren was a great man and ran a great operation. Its sad to see what your doing to his legacy. SEE YOU SOON.

Minions, JTL750, ckster and 1 other person like this.
  20. mjackson

mjackson Newbie

Name:
    jackson
    Boat:
    n/a
    So funny to see another captain get hooked and respond to someone's post! If you run a top notch operation your reputation speaks for itself. Lmfao!!!

Ocean-tendency and mandoman68 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.