Status
Not open for further replies.

jakejake527

Mar 5, 2012
~ ~ ~ Oceanside ~ ~ ~
Name
Jake
Boat
Limited time on a 3/4 to put fish in the boat, and they got LIMITS. Who gives a shit about the rest. If you want to go on a pleasure cruise, get on an 8 day trip where customer service is priority 1!

Combat fishing is part of the game and its fun as hell, thats why we do it. We've all been on countless 3/4 days 1/2 days etc etc no matter what boat you are on, NOTHING is perfect at one time or another. Quit being a bunch of pussies and hang a fish and dont sweat the small stuff!

Capt. did his job, deckhand did his job. I'm sorry the bathroom smelled like shit.......its not like someone is supposed to shit in there Right?!?!
when I first got on the boat and before leaving dock the bathroom already smelled like a free public restroom in the Philippines

Upvote 0

Fat Guy

Almost A Member
Jul 7, 2011
San Clemente
Name
KG
Boat
none
We had our Sea Trek experience Friday. Myself and 1 other boat were fishing a pretty nice patty south of the 267, 1 of us on each side, him close and me giving him some space. Sea Trek came in pretty hot underneath the patty, got about 20 feet away and had his passenger throw at it. No chum, no respect for the boats that were doing OK on it. None of the passengers appeared to hook up. We had drifted away from the patty a bit when Sea Trek decided to bail and drove 5 feet away from the patty as they motored away. Patty shut down completely. We marked it and came back 2 hours later and pulled fish off of it again. Not a good Sea Trek run-in.

Upvote 0

Chubby Tuna

Fishing hurts my ballsac!
Jun 20, 2012
San Clemente
www.joelatterphotographer.com
Name
Joe
Boat
25ft Aquapro Sailfish
Thanks for the report... I was looking at the Sea Trek as an option to get me and my son (8) out and hopefully on his first YFT. Posters report made me suspicious but the captains response sealed the deal. No Sea Trek for us and now have bad vibes for the landing as well. Remember that after this epic year is over, the good boats/crews/captains will be remembered and will thrive when fishing takes a downturn again.

Reactions: Evan Feely
Upvote 0

Seagina

Super stoked to fish.
May 7, 2003
Carlsbad
www.spectrum-hardware.com
Name
John Martin
Boat
Outee Five II 25 Skipjack Fisherman
From years of experience it goes like this: H&M, PL Sportsfishing, blah blah,.... Oside.
Why? Here's why: It's like your favorite restaurant, not just always the food.
1. The vibe of the landing, from the initial phone call. It starts from the minute one calls the landing. Fishing is exciting, keep it that way. Fake it. Ever call Point Loma and have a bad call? Hell no, they make you feel good and appreciate your call! If your busy, ask if you can call them back and stick to it! Talk it up!
2. The Experience & Professionalism of staff; starts with captain. Talk. Explain and don't assume everyone knows how to fish..have a 'feedback wanted' form after they leave, Listen to what people are saying.. word travels fast around here, specially with Social Media. You are in the hospitality arena.. all pirates should stay on bait boats lol
Was stoked for Oside when I heard a great captain was around... that news spreaded like wildfire up here...
I can't wait to send the out of towners when they ask for advice to local charters rather then sending them south.

I'd like to do a psych experiment. Send the crew and boat out of Seaforth from the 'San Diego' or anyboat for that matter from south. I give them 2 weeks, and they'll be sold out through November. the buzz would be fun to watch, the demand is here.

lol, combat fishing... might sum it up, maybe its just the people in North County? No way, it's 1 & 2

Reactions: Blackfish
Upvote 0

stuman

Brawndo the thirst mutilator
Sep 18, 2004
Oside
Name
stu
Boat
skiff
Ethnics wipe their ass and put it in the trash instead of the toilet..they don't listen and throw up in there every trip.

I
'd throw up too, if you didn't clean the bathroom. When you see an ethnic perhaps it would be prudent to have a counseling session on proper ass wiping procedures. :frehya2:

Reactions: mandoman68
Upvote 0

gefiltefish

Sep 1, 2009
Dana Point, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
Sold it
I never fish out of Helgrens because of their reputation anyways, but this racist, ignorant asshole of a captains response pretty much sealed that door shut.

We were invaded by Sea Trek yesterday and watched them murder micron sized yellowtail for a little while.......and when I say micron, I mean it. My definition of rat yellowtail has changed forever seeing the size of what has come into our local offshore scene. These fish are literally no more than 2lbs. Responsible captains and fisherman should be heavily encouraging the release of anything that has a chance of surviving...........Or they should be taking as many as possible to pad the fish counts because we certainly don't give a shit if the fishery exists for our children's children.

Upvote 0

mandoman68

Big Loco
Mar 3, 2008
Aztlan
Name
Mandoman
Boat
Kathleen
-There was only ONE deckhand working yesterday and he does not and will not drink on board. There was a few regular passengers helping him bag fish that were probably back there drinking a beer.

-People piss all over the place,, Ethnics wipe their ass and put it in the trash instead of the toilet..they don't listen and throw up in there every trip. people are just slobs..yes my deckhand shoulda checked more regularly and that is something iv gotten on every deckhand about,, but the heads were perfectly clean when the boat left the dock..
Did you really just say that? Your a racist piece of shit. Your grand parents were once Ethinics you ignorant fuck. Cross Oceanside off my list. See you at the Fred Hall Show asshole. WE can talk in person then. A

Upvote 0

gclance

Almost A Member
Aug 16, 2005
Huntington Beach
Name
Garrett
Boat
21 1/2ft., Robalo
Deckhands in general are some of the most rummy people on earth :720icon:. I'm sure the guys were drinking beer and smoking all day. I would be surprised if they weren't. I'm glad I got to see the captains post... typical. Just very unprofessional to respond like that. I will be thinking twice before booking on this boat.

Reactions: mandoman68
Upvote 0

BLOCK

Sep 22, 2005
Oside
Name
BLOCK
Boat
18' Ranger
If this thread makes it so no1 from BD ever fishes with me I guess I owe the thread starter a Big THANK YOU!!! :)

Reactions: Ducksgo
Upvote 0

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Guys are we even sure this Ryan Block is the captain....or if he is just a bullshiter stirring up trouble. Surely no one can really own a business and be this stupid. If he truly is the captain, than I have to say this moron is the worst business owner I have ever seen! Good luck sir....you will surely need it after this.

Upvote 0

BLOCK

Sep 22, 2005
Oside
Name
BLOCK
Boat
18' Ranger
Did you really just say that? Your a racist piece of shit. Your grand parents were once Ethinics you ignorant fuck. Cross Oceanside off my list. See you at the Fred Hall Show asshole. WE can talk in person then. A

Lol dude how would you like me to put it?? I honestly wasn't trying to be racist..Mexican folk put their shit paper in the trash TJ style..

Upvote 0

BLOCK

Sep 22, 2005
Oside
Name
BLOCK
Boat
18' Ranger
NO! THANK YOU for revealing what a great captain you are! Dick Helgren was a great man and ran a great operation. Its sad to see what your doing to his legacy. SEE YOU SOON.
You guys this shit way too serious. I straighten this guys crooked ass story and you wana fight me..??

For the record There was 1 deckhand. He was not drinking and sometimes can't keep up with the heads getting thrashed every 20 min.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
Reactions: BLOCK
Upvote 0
Status